Loser123 is offline Junior Member

Pinning a nerve possible bone?

How would you know if you touched bone or injected close to a nerve (I know it's impossible to pin inside a nerve)

For 3 weeks now I've been having almost sharp low back pain.. Even to lean in the mirror and brush my teeth.. I feel like a old fuck...

I can't do certain workouts... Im scared if it's a slipped disk. I don't want surgery..

This shit is painful thing.

Is there a chance oil got in between a nerve and or a bone infection that doesn't swell? Sorry for my lack of knowledge

Luttrj is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like you've been pinning your glute and got too close to the sciatic nerve. You would know for certain if you ever hit it. Look up glute injection landmarks and stretches for your sciatic.

I think your right... It did radiate through my leg for the first week.. But I didn't have bending issues that felt shocking or stabbing.

This will heal over time though right? It's been way too long for me. I can hardly workout

Also what's the term for what you think I have? Scatia (sp?) I believe it's called?

Also I always pin top right/left I know not to pin anywhere else.

Luttrj is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loser123 View Post
    I think your right... It did radiate through my leg for the first week.. But I didn't have bending issues that felt shocking or stabbing.

This will heal over time though right? It's been way too long for me. I can hardly workout

Also what's the term for what you think I have? Scatia (sp?) I believe it's called?
    Sounds like you possibly irritated and inflamed the nerve. I'd stretch and take 800mg of Motrin twice a day for a few days and keep pins outta that glute for a while. And if you wear a wallet in your back pocket, don't. That too puts pressure on that nerve.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sciatica is a frustrating problem some people deal with it for life some people it clears up and then there’s the people that seem to have it randomly come back.

If you hit a nerve, you'll get IMMEDIATE reaction. For example, I pinned my quad the other day and as soon as the needle went in, my quad flexed like I jolted a nerve with a 1000 volts. You'll know if you hit a nerve. If you hit bone, you'll know that too. If you're asking about it, you probably didn't hit either. Your sciatica runs on the inside of your hip bone near your hip joint and down the leg towards the outside. If you pin right smack dab in the middle of your glute, you could possibly get close to the sciatica. It is advised that you pin in the upper 1/3 of the glute and over to the outer 1/3 of the glute. So, upper left side for the left cheek and upper right side for the right cheek. I pin closer to my hip to avoid the sciatica altogether.

If it is your sciatica, change your pin location to your quads, shoulders, or chest. Give your body a chance to recover from the sciatica irritation. You're young, you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Sciatica is a frustrating problem some people deal with it for life some people it clears up and then there’s the people that seem to have it randomly come back.
    That sucks. So basically it doesn't heal, just flares up once in a while? I'll have those times of the month... For my lower back.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    If you hit a nerve, you'll get IMMEDIATE reaction. For example, I pinned my quad the other day and as soon as the needle went in, my quad flexed like I jolted a nerve with a 1000 volts. You'll know if you hit a nerve. If you hit bone, you'll know that too. If you're asking about it, you probably didn't hit either. Your sciatica runs on the inside of your hip bone near your hip joint and down the leg towards the outside. If you pin right smack dab in the middle of your glute, you could possibly get close to the sciatica. It is advised that you pin in the upper 1/3 of the glute and over to the outer 1/3 of the glute. So, upper left side for the left cheek and upper right side for the right cheek. I pin closer to my hip to avoid the sciatica altogether.

If it is your sciatica, change your pin location to your quads, shoulders, or chest. Give your body a chance to recover from the sciatica irritation. You're young, you'll be fine.
    Thanks man. Will stretches daily help faster?

There's a weird thing.. Sometimes it's really bad, and randomly (only hours) will it almost feel like there's no pain..
    Mostly though it's pretty bad and annoying especially where I work (not super physical job)

I always jab top outer corners of my glutes. I don't understand how id have this sciatica. I never jolted. So how could I possibly have Sciatica
    Last edited by Loser123; 03-11-2018 at 12:51 PM.

the sciatica (if it even is sciatica) doesn't have to be from the injection.
    it can be either a damaged disk, in which case the back should start in your spine or..
    it can be caused by muscle tightness in your glute squeezing yort sciatic nerve, in which case the pain usually starts a little lower than the spine.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luttrj View Post
    Sounds like you've been pinning your glute and got too close to the sciatic nerve. You would know for certain if you ever hit it. Look up glute injection landmarks and stretches for your sciatic.
    My thoughts as well. Sounds like sciatica.

Thread Information