dolimitless is offline New Member

EPO Dosages needed for distance runner!

For a long distance runner, after searching ALL the threads on EPO the most popular dose seems to be 1500 i.u 3 times a week for first 3 weeks then taper off to maitain hematocrit levels. According to the Procrit website this equals 9,000 i.u. which will increase hematocrit levels 3-4% over 2 weeks.

My question is for those have have used EPO, how did you inject yours? With a regular 1mL syringe? I have the 20,000U/ml multidose vial. Should I draw only 0.075 of a ML into the syringe to achieve the 1500 i.u.?

I have also heard others using slin plins to inject? If so what size? Where do you usually inject?

goose is offline Banned
    Have never used EPO,but given it a thought.You must go for a slin pin,by far the best method to administrator the hormone.

doittoit is offline Associate Member
    loading phase anywhere from 6000-12000 iu for weeks 1-3, than maintain w/ 3-4000 iu weekly.....it all depends on the individual, base line levels, amount of increase desired....blood tests recommended if your toying wit higher doses, aspirin twice daily

dolimitless is offline New Member
    Thanks for the reply. I have the 20,000 iu/ml multidose vial. What should be the best way to inject it? Slin pin? How do I measure out 1,500 I.U. in a slin pin? Would that be 15 units?

Please reply, thanks!

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    When I was looking into this, it was advised that the best way to administer was via slin pin. Unfortunaly I haven't had the chance to see the way those are measured, so I'm not much help there.

vermin is offline Member
    You know, most of the AAS scare tactics are BS or overblow, but EPO is one truly scary substance. Test can easily give small RBC boosts - even fairly large ones - and is much less dangerous. For the levels of boost that only EPO can give, there is a large string of corpses - and I am talking about international top athlete under doping doc supervision corpses.

Think about that you are doing and what you hope to gain versus what you could lose.

mSHY8 is offline New Member
    EPO is actually not that dangeous a product to use if it is used PROPERLY, and one's blood is monitored. Lots of media hype concerning dead Dutch cyclists back in 1988 seems to linger still. EPOSINO is the most popular brand of rh-EPO that is readily accessible to the buying public. A quick search will turn up lots of info and availability. Protocols are varied but based on standard dosing guidelines. Again, with proper blood work, and boosting to a safe level (typically max of 53-54 for elite level endurance athlete) there shouldn't be major complications (ie, death).

mSHY8 is offline New Member
    If you have a 20,000iu 1mL via, then 1,500iu would correspond to .075 of the total liquid volume. Assuming you're using a 1mL (full) insulin syringe, you would draw 7.5 small hashes of liquid into the syringe to prepare a 1500iu dose. Good luck. Remember, EPOSINO!

vermin is offline Member
    Sounds like he's selling something to me....anyway, AAS will get you above that, and increase LBM etc. to boot, so if 53-54 is all you are going to, EPO seems like BS to me.

Ironman06 is offline New Member
    Vermin, what crit levels have you tested for AAS cycles?

JollyMolly is offline New Member
    I am new here and happy to find this post. I am "this close" to trying EPO. I am a long time endurance athlete who has a hematocrit that is very low--often not much above patient's with renal problems. No MD I have ever seen has cared to help me--they just tell me to stop doing what I'm doing in terms of the endurance events. I take iron and all that, but it helps not.

I hope these questions aren't too obvious, but wouldn't EPO likely help me feel like a "normal" person with more energy? Wouldn't it feel great to work out with a "full tank" so to speak? I have a major event coming up in a month and am really on the fence about taking it.

And, dolimitless, where did you find the dosing protocols? I can't find anything very clear--especially for maintainance?

TIA for your input.

The most knowledgable EPO forum I've found is http://www.cuttingedgemuscle.com/For...p?s=&forumid=9 PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!!!!

vermin is offline Member
    I had a 61 just on test e, and neither my anti-aging doc, my endo, nor my GP were overly concerned (I have them all review all bloodwork). They said "you might want to considering giving blood" but that was about it.

JollyMolly is offline New Member
    Ironman,

Thank you for the link. I know my post sounded a bit glib and uninformed, and I apologize for that. I have been researching this issue for nearly a year, reading medical abstracts after abstract. I'm up to speed on supporting the protocol with appropriate levels of folic acid, Bs, and iron. Obviously, however, it's difficult to find specifics on what athlete's do in the med lit. I was turning here for any additional help I may be able to get, and very much appreciate the link. Very informative.

Thank you very much. I'll be tackling the Ironman quite soon.

Good to hear. Nothing like a first Ironman.

Prettyposey is offline New Member
    Does anyone have a link where you can get epogen? Thanks in advance

Thread Information