roidnator is offline New Member

Winstrol - Detection - drug testing

How long does winstrol -v (Injectable) stay in your system for? I cant find anything telling me. I will need to do drug tests for work. I need to know. Steroids is on the list of "banned" substances.

thanks

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by roidnator
    How long does winstrol -v (Injectable) stay in your system for? I cant find anything telling me. I will need to do drug tests for work. I need to know. Steroids is on the list of "banned" substances.

thanks
    i'm pretty sure it's 2 months for Winstrol-depot

--hawk

raoul3 is offline Associate Member
    Injectable Winny is a very bad idea if you get tested, as it can get stuck into fat cells and reappear much later than the usual clearance time... Stick with the tabs.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Depot 3 months
    Oral 3 weeks

Bigun is offline Senior Member
    I agree with all above. Winny is strange in that it's half-life is quite long but after a certain time it's activity levels drop really quickly. Steer clear unless you have got plenty of time to remove the metabolites as it's one of the most detected steroid in IOC drugs tests and the like because the detection time is so variable. This has been proved by the amounts of bodybuilders, track athletes and rugby league players who have been banned from it's use

The Base is offline Associate Member
    Okay, the guys are right - not the ideal substance to playing around with if you are a tested athlete! Stick to the orals.

Some time ago it was thought that the detection times were 3days oral and 14 days for the injections but equipment is far more sensitive these days and therefore the detectable period is now that much longer.

Read this article:

Ben Gets Busted, or Does He? Of course the most famous "success" for the drug testers was the positive test on Ben Johnson in1988 at the Seoul Olympics. For those in the know, this positive test led to more questions than answers. The accepted clearance time for Winstrol in 1988 was three days for the oral form and 14 days for the injectable form (Winstrol-V or Strombaject). Ben was 28 days clear, yet the parent compound was found. The parent compound has a life expectancy of 45 minutes to one hour after administration! The testers have claimed that Ben took it just before the race. I can state categorically, no he did not!Be that as it may, that was then and this is now. The advances in testing have made the threshold of detection ever lower, leading to current clearance times ranging from 14 days for the oral form to as much as 13 months for the injectable form.Many attempts were made to continue the use of Winstrol-V after 1988. The Russian and Ukrainian athletes tried to shorten the detection limit through IV administration. This worked for a while until testing advances yielded a rash of positives starting in 1993.

At the end of the day Ben got caught probably because the winny attached itself to some fatty tissue and it decided to makes its appearance on that day!
    Just so that you are aware - Charlie Francis was Ben's coach hence he knew this info!

I can't repeat this enough. If you are IOC tested athlete then stay well clear of Winny injectables!

Thread Information