Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By DocToxin8

Thread: Ephedrine question

pksc is offline Junior Member

Ephedrine question

Is it ok if I consume Ephedrine 25mg + Hydroxyzine 10mg + Theophylline 130mg

Once a day before workout? Only ephedrine is not available here.

Sent from my G using Tapatalk

You're asking about taking Ephedrine with respiratory medication. Drug interactions are complex. I would seek out the advice of a professional.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pksc View Post

lol... thats a shady question... kinda a back door question on askin where to get ephedrine eh?

anyways...

ephedrine and theophylline can increase risk of CNS, cardiovascular stim effects including HTN, MI, Stroke (additive effects)

Ephedrine and Hydroxyzine can increase risk of QT prolongation risking Cardiac arrhythmias (Torsades de pointes)

In otherwords, not advisable... what r u tryin to achieve??

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I cannot picture needing any sort of medication for asthma related issues other than a rescue inhaler.
    It is the single strongest bronchodialator there is.

If you mean that the med you are looking at doesn't have ephedrine only but is mixed with the others then try finding bronkaid©.

It is mixed with guiafenesin which is an expectorant. The two work "synergistically".

One of the primary reasons you cannot buy ephedrine sulfate on its own, is because without adding chemicals that are very difficult to extract from it... It is extremely easily concentrated in methamphetamine (ice).

It is fairly simple anyway, but most additives are there to prevent this.

For instance ephedrine HCI, is very difficult to concentate. It also blows for athletic purposes compared to ephedrine sulfate.

Whatever drug you speak of, I have never heard of it.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Also, no dummies out there get the idea you can slam a bunch of ephedrine and get some sort of methamphetamine result from it.

You will get down about 10-12 pills and a couple hours later your heart will explode.
    This is 99% of the reason it is no longer in sports supplements off the shelf. Idiots thought it just kept getting better. Oh yeah you keep speeding up but unfortunately this shit hits a lot more than your brain. I remember the news bein loaded with the ephedrine death tales long ago and 99% were idiots that exceeded dosage like Obs.
    Couchlockd likes this.

shadowdragon is offline Junior Member
    If you're really looking to take ephedrine, whats wrong with a simple EC(A) stack? been around for a while and as long as you don't over do it and cycle it fairly safe.....

But to be honest, if you're just looking for a "super preworkout" adding the ephedrine you can buy OTC doesn't add that much (in safe doses); sometimes I'll take a primatine tab or two with my pre when I'm extra tired and I honestly think most of what I get out of it that just the pre would do is mental placebo..

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Edit: double post.

(And yeah Obs, been there myself!)
    Last edited by DocToxin8; 03-30-2018 at 03:35 AM.
    Obs likes this.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pksc View Post

This all depends on your tolerance.
    Theophylline is pretty much similar to caffeine, but I don’t remember the equivalent strength of each.
    So research mg:mg comparison for caffeine:theophylline first.

Hydroxyzine, are you using it as a sedative to calm down or as an antihistamine?

A 10mg dose is low and probably won’t interfere at all.

25mg ephedrine isn’t a high dose, but you’ll definitely feel it good if you take it with 200mg caffeine. I actually would find that uncomfortable myself.

But back in the day I used 600mg ephedrine sulfate pr day on top of a copious dose of amphetamine (NOT recommended!) and I tolerated it cause I had stepped up the dose slowly. However, it landed me with a serious nervous breakdown after some time; which when looking back I see was pretty much inevitable.

But why do you want theophylline instead of caffeine? I can’t really see any benefit to that. It’s just a somewhat more obscure compound.

Also theophylline has a lower therapeutic window, meaning it’s more toxic than caffeine, while I believe it has a shorter half life.
    I think it’s not that much stronger than caffeine, having seen dosages of 3:2 of caffeine to theophylline being equivalent in trials. But research this yourself.

As such i think I wouldn’t start with 125mg theophylline, although it’s probably totally safe. (I’m talking in conjunction with 25mg ephedrine here, on its own, 125mg theophylline is ok)

So I wouldn replace it with caffeine, but if you want to special just start at 50mg theophylline and titrate up.

The hydroxyzine has interactions on paper, but 10mg ain’t gonna be an issue. Doses of 100mg hydroxyzine isn’t uncommon.
    Still; due to theophylline being a bit more mysterious than caffeine I can’t discount it totally. So that’s why I say start with a lower theophylline dose if you really want to stick with that.

Thread Information