Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ashop

Thread: Can AAS help with tricep tendonitis?

jjunius9 is offline New Member

Can AAS help with tricep tendonitis?

Hey all. I'm a lurker on here, I'm 21 so not planning on doing a cycle for a few years. But one thing which has really disrupted my training for the past few years is a nagging tricep tendonitis issue I have. I read somewhere that steroids (not sure which one) can help heal this. Any thoughts on this? Let me know if this is an innapropriate thread and I will delete the post. Thanks!
    Last edited by jjunius9; 04-03-2018 at 09:26 PM.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Tendonitis isn’t easily cured with anabolic steroids . When doctors say steroids they usually mean corticosteroids, ex cortisol/cortisone.
    (Or prednisolone is a variant often used)
    These will reduce inflammation and can help, but it’s something one needs to be really careful about, as they mask pain and you need to be very careful about working out when using them. Actually if u use them u should only do physiotherapy for the 2 weeks your on.

AAS are anabolic and will stimulate collagen synthesis in the tendon, just like it will stimulate protein synthesis in the muscle, but at a much smaller rate. Chances are AAS will make the problem worse, by increasing your pain tolerance and weights used in the gym.
    But they can help a little, also heard people have had some sucesss with shit like TB500 but I don’t know enough about that.

Given your age, or actually, this would be my advice whatever age you were, would be to fix this with physiotherapy.
    That’s a big plus at your age too; you’ll heal quicker.

If anything, growth hormone and IGF and such would be what help id seek, but again, i doubt you need to, at your age, and would just rather stick to physio. GH is expensive and often faked anyway.

Have you done any physio for this issue?

I've been on TB500 for 10 weeks now. I've had a terrible tendinitis on my elbow for sometime. I got a 10 day regiment of prednisolone when I started on my TB500 injections. My elbow's all better but I can't tell if it was the P or the TB500 since I took them together. Either way, I'm tendinitis free.

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Check this out..

http://www.rickysinghmd.com/wp-conte...ndinopathy.pdf

Eccentric exercises are great for tendonopathies, aka tendonitis. Be sure to stretch your triceps and biceps, and be sure to strength train BOTH the bicep and tricep. Often times its a strength mismatch between the bi's and tri's causing the tendonitis, like if u just do bicep curls and never do triceps, ur tri's will hurt cuz they cant support the stress caused by the hypertrophied biceps.. .

Keep working out and eating good... ur hormones are reaching their peak ( both testosterone and Growth hormone ) eat like a boss, and train like a boss, and ull reap the results!

jjunius9 is offline New Member
    Awesome! Thanks for the advice everybody. I really appreciate it. Yeah, I did physio a lot in high school and it helped a little bit... but not really. I think my physiotherapist wasn't a great one either. I should probably go back to one, just kind of in the middle of nowhere at school right now, so maybe over the summer. Again, thanks guys!

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjunius9 View Post
    Hey all. I'm a lurker on here, I'm 21 so not planning on doing a cycle for a few years. But one thing which has really disrupted my training for the past few years is a nagging tricep tendonitis issue I have. I read somewhere that steroids (not sure which one) can help heal this. Any thoughts on this? Let me know if this is an innapropriate thread and I will delete the post. Thanks!
    At 21 year AAS would be a POOR choice to treat tendonitis.

hardgainrock is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    At 21 year AAS would be a POOR choice to treat tendonitis.
    I ran a Test + Deca cycle with the intent of help healing from a golfer’s elbow. Actually during cycle it did help me a lot, at least reducing the pain. Now the cycle is finished and I’m on PCT. Joints are sore overall but the tendinitis seems to be gone, which is big a relief. I’ve been training in the 6rep range lately with heavy weights until I feel recovered from PCT.

Thread Information