Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Couchlockd
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By TestoSuper

Thread: How do "cutting"compounds differ from Test?

ZoomyR6 is offline Junior Member

How do "cutting"compounds differ from Test?

I understand the effects of anavar , primo, and winstrol . They all serve to prevent muscle breakdown while being in a caloric deficit.
    Isn't this what Test does on it's own? How does it add to the benefit of Test when Test alone speeds up metabolism and protects muscle breakdown while in a deficit?

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    No steroid specifically burns only fat...........diet and cardio does..........you can cut on any steroid with the perfect diet, lifting and cardio routine.

Quote Originally Posted by MACKATTACK1 View Post
    No steroid specifically burns only fat...........diet and cardio does..........you can cut on any steroid with the perfect diet, lifting and cardio routine.
    And I agree. However, the above compounds are repeatedly touted as "cutting" compounds and are incorporated into every cutting cycle I see/hear.
    I am asking why.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoomyR6 View Post
    I understand the effects of anavar , primo, and winstrol . They all serve to prevent muscle breakdown while being in a caloric deficit.
    Isn't this what Test does on it's own? How does it add to the benefit of Test when Test alone speeds up metabolism and protects muscle breakdown while in a deficit?
    these 'other' compounds were designed and created to do things better then test. thats their purpose. VAR is many many more times anabolic to androgenic then Test is. VAR works way better at holding onto muscle during a cut then does test. Also, VAR has specific properties that increase lipolysis (even though AAS are not 'fat burners' , different compounds can enhance the fat burning effect). Also Tren , its 5x more Androgenic then Test, so being this is so its going to ramp up your CNS way more then test can, and thus increase you metabolic rate (and thus increase fat burning), also there are androgen receptors in fat cells, Tren being more androgenic is going to more strongly bind to these, and thus release fatty acids into the blood stream to be used as energy.

I can give more examples of other drugs.. but yes diff drugs are better for cutting because of a multiple of factors that make them better then Test
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 04-12-2018 at 05:31 PM.

another example. Primobolan , its an awesome nutrient partitioner, way better then test. so its going to shuttle much more of your carbs into muscle cells, thus leaving less carbs to be stored as body fat.. so this is not directly burning fat, but it is directly helping you keep from getting fat.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    these 'other' compounds were designed and created to do things better then test. thats their purpose. VAR is many many more times anabolic to androgenic then Test is. VAR works way better at holing onto muscle during a cut then does test. Also, VAR has specific properties that increase lipolysis (even though AAS are not 'fat burners' , different compounds can enhance the fat burning effect). Also Tren , its 5x more Androgenic then Test, so being this is so its going to ramp up your CNS way more then test can, and thus increase you metabolic rate (and thus increase fat burning), also there are androgen receptors in fat cells, Tren being more androgenic is going to more strongly bind to these, and thus release fatty acids into the blood stream to be used as energy.

I can give more examples of other drugs.. but yes diff drugs are better for cutting because of a multiple of factors that make them better then Test
    Outstanding!
    Thank you for the response and for clearing this up. Makes a lot of sense.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    ahh, might want to rethink that.

I can name at least one

Anavar is one of the only true fat burning steroids . Most all anabolic steroids will enhance the metabolic rate, which will promote fat loss, but Anavar has been shown to directly promote lipolysis. Many attribute this to its ability to firmly bind to the androgen receptor, as well as in its ability to reduce thyroid-binding globulin, as well as increase thyroxine-binding prealbumin. This action results in the triiodothyronine hormone or T3 hormone being utilized to a higher degree. The fat burning results of Anavar are not entirely conclusive; there have been a few studies that produced alternate results as it pertains to fat loss. However, most data strongly supports the Oxandrolone hormone being a strong promoter of lipolysis.
    GearHeaded likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by m.hornbuckle View Post
    ahh, might want to rethink that.

I can name at least one

Anavar is one of the only true fat burning steroids. Most all anabolic steroids will enhance the metabolic rate, which will promote fat loss, but Anavar has been shown to directly promote lipolysis. Many attribute this to its ability to firmly bind to the androgen receptor, as well as in its ability to reduce thyroid-binding globulin, as well as increase thyroxine-binding prealbumin. This action results in the triiodothyronine hormone or T3 hormone being utilized to a higher degree. The fat burning results of Anavar are not entirely conclusive; there have been a few studies that produced alternate results as it pertains to fat loss. However, most data strongly supports the Oxandrolone hormone being a strong promoter of lipolysis.

I'm talking about what compounds were made for, anavar was actually created and approved by the FDA for Osteoporosis and Weight GAIN......yes all steroids will have some fat burning qualities to them but id love to see u eat 10k calories at mcdonalds daily and take anavar and see where you are at in 2 months.....

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    I'm talking about what compounds were made for, anavar was actually created and approved by the FDA for Osteoporosis and Weight GAIN......yes all steroids will have some fat burning qualities to them but id love to see u eat 10k calories at mcdonalds daily and take anavar and see where you are at in 2 months.....
    I'd love for some one to smoke meth and eat 10k cal. of McDonald's a day and loose weight too.

even DNP stacked with Clen and ECA with a 100 mg a day adderral habit won't beat 10k of fat.

Quote Originally Posted by m.hornbuckle View Post
    I'd love for some one to smoke meth and eat 10k cal. of McDonald's a day and loose weight too.

even DNP stacked with Clen and ECA with a 100 mg a day adderral habit won't beat 10k of fat.
    Truth.......meth might though lol

A major point that needs to be mentioned is that some steroids make you hold water while some dry you out.
    So normally people refer to compounds that make you hold water as bulking steroids.
    And compounds that make you drier as cutters.
    MACKATTACK1 likes this.

Grumpo is offline New Member
    Cutting compounds present a harder look and typically carry less water/bloat/ estrogen , so bodybuilders use them when getting into contest shape.

Steroids do not burn fat

I however think that in the sense of muscle preservation i like to use bulking compounds (test nadrolones and dbol ) during cutting phases to keep on as much muscle mass and strength while I’m dieting.

But if you are doing a show. Test tren masteron and var/ Winny are prob the best bet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Test is one of those compounds that make you hold water, but yet it must still be stacked with a "cutter" like var and primo. Is it because these cutters help dry you out, negating the bloat that Test causes?

TestoSuper is offline Associate Member
    Test is one of those compounds that make you hold water, but yet it must still be stacked with a "cutter" like var and primo. Is it because these cutters help dry you out, negating the bloat that Test causes?
    var, primo, winstrol , tren don't convert into estrogen, therefore, they don't cause water retention. Test, Deca , Dbol , Adrol convert into estrogen, thus causing water retention. Var, winstrol, primobolan are not made to remove the water that holds the test (for this there is anti- estrogen like arimidex ) .. they are different steroids for different purposes. Certainly in cutting phases the best steroids to preserve the lean mass are those that don't retain water, and being also derivatives of DHT (like Var, winstrol, primo), they confer hard appearance to the muscles, so much better and more suitable than the test for this purpose.
    GearHeaded likes this.

if your running a bunch of test, VAR or Primo won't dry you out (you'll get some effect but not much). This is why bodybuilders about two weeks out from a show will drop the test out from their cycles and just run var, primo, mast, tren , etc..

now for someone not competing that wants that dry look, but still wants test in the cycle , you simply need to lower your estrogen and the conversion of test into estrogen with an AI like Letro or Arimidex , along with a drug like Mast and Primo (both of which have anti estrogen properties). the low levels of estrogen in your body will give you that dry look (estrogen is a cause of water retention and bloat)

Thread Information