Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Test/anavar 20 week cycle advice needed!

Dozer1 is offline New Member

Test/anavar 20 week cycle advice needed!

Hi Guys

I am new to this forum and just wanted some help with my cycle.

I have currently just finished a 12 week test e bulking cycle 500mg a week and wanted to know if I could carrry on with that dose up to 20weeks adding some var in 80mgs a day for 8 weeks then starting PCT two weeks after last test shot which will be Nolva and Clomid. The reason being want to start cutting now and don't want to run the var without any test. Or should I switch to a low TRT dose with the var instead or any other compound? Have had good lean results from var in the past. I really don't want to come off if possible because I will be recovering on a calorie deficit with summer right around the corner.

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated as this is only my third cycle. First proper cycle in about three years.

A few stats.

27 year old male 200pounds. Gained about 15 pounds on cycle. Around 15% body fat. Been training seriously for 7 years 5/6days a week.

Wey
    Wey is offline New Member
    I’ve wondered about this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozer1 View Post
    Hi Guys

I am new to this forum and just wanted some help with my cycle.

I have currently just finished a 12 week test e bulking cycle 500mg a week and wanted to know if I could carrry on with that dose up to 20weeks adding some var in 80mgs a day for 8 weeks then starting PCT two weeks after last test shot which will be Nolva and Clomid. The reason being want to start cutting now and don't want to run the var without any test. Or should I switch to a low TRT dose with the var instead or any other compound? Have had good lean results from var in the past. I really don't want to come off if possible because I will be recovering on a calorie deficit with summer right around the corner.

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated as this is only my third cycle. First proper cycle in about three years.

A few stats.

27 year old male 200pounds. Gained about 15 pounds on cycle. Around 15% body fat. Been training seriously for 7 years 5/6days a week.
    Don't stay on for 20 weeks. You'll see less and less gains as the weeks go by and it will be harder and harder for you to recover after PCT.

Two of the reasons why longer isn't necessarily better....
    Longer cycles are less healthy than shorter cycles. Think high blood pressure, bad lipids, liver damage, etc...
    and...
    Longer cycles are harder to recover from than shorter cycles. Think the longer an engine is turned off then the harder it is to restart.

So can you stay on for 20 weeks??
    Sure you can but it is your health.
    20 weeks plus 2 weeks before PCT plus at least 4 weeks of PCT plus 4 weeks for PCT to clear your system equals 30 weeks of being on drugs.
    Let's say it takes 4 weeks from your lipids to recover...
    That means 34 out of 52 weeks in the year you are in an unhealthy state.
    cousinmuscles likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    your at the end of your cycle and you had success and put on 15 pounds, BUT now you suddenly want to do a 'cut' . your going to blow all your gains if you do that. you need to give your body time to acclimate to the new muscle gains so that you can keep and maintain them. by going right into a cut and calorie deficit your body is not going to have any reason to hold on to and acclimate to that new muscle. you'll lose it all and it will of been a waste of a cycle.. its that type of thinking that I'd venture to say that your physique is probably not near what it could be after 7 years of training (your likely always taking 1 step forward and 2 steps backward,, your spinning your wheels going back from bulking to cutting back to back)

Thanks for the replies.

My reasoning behind it was that I would hold on to a lot more of the gains with that bit of extra test even at a low dose during the cut as I do want to strip a bit of fat off. Would you suggest just coming off and eating maintenance for a while before cutting naturally? Have heard of people blasting and cruising and just wondered if there was a way around it. Plus var has worked really well for me in the past specially at hitting that last bit of belly fat.

Yea I realise a longer cycle is harder to recover from etc so if I did continue would I have to do 8 weeks of PCT then have another 6 months off at least?

Thanks again for the feedback. You people know a lot more than me.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozer1 View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

My reasoning behind it was that I would hold on to a lot more of the gains with that bit of extra test even at a low dose during the cut as I do want to strip a bit of fat off. Would you suggest just coming off and eating maintenance for a while before cutting naturally? Have heard of people blasting and cruising and just wondered if there was a way around it. Plus var has worked really well for me in the past specially at hitting that last bit of belly fat.

Yea I realise a longer cycle is harder to recover from etc so if I did continue would I have to do 8 weeks of PCT then have another 6 months off at least?

Thanks again for the feedback. You people know a lot more than me.
    for anyone who is serious about their body building , I highly recommend blasting and cruising and not messing around with all the PCT and fucked up hormones up and down BS. it also makes the whole bulking and cutting phases much easier.

I do NOT recommend an enhanced guy to cut naturally. despite what a lot of guys may say on here (i.e., cutting is easy and you don't need gear), the truth is that bodybuilders since the golden era have ALWAYS used more gear during a contest prep and dieting phase then they did/do for a bulking phase.

the difference between a natural pro bodybuilder who is 160 pounds on stage and an enhanced pro bodybuilder who is 270 pounds on stage is that the drugs allow you to not only maintain but build muscle while dieting down. both these guys can bulk up and get huge, but the natty cannot diet down and stay huge, and enhanced guy can.

the fastest way to lose your gains is to come off cycle and PCT and begin cutting while on PCT.

getting your body to acclimate to your new gains is extremely important. if you went from 180 to 200, then you need to 'earn' that 200 pounds. you need to stay there and get your body used to that and make that its new set point, if you don't then your body will just want to go back down to 180 (and its going to want to do this by losing muscle not fat)

I'd take those points and think about it. you may want blast and cruise or go on TRT. instead of a cut at a future date you may want to consider a recomp . if you want to blast and cruise then take time to do research the risk vs rewards and your long term consequences or benefits (e.g.., do you want to have kids in the near future, how will cruising on gear effect that).
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 04-13-2018 at 08:41 AM.
    Couchlockd likes this.

Really appreciate the info

I think I have got the timing really wrong of this cycle going from a bulk straight in to cut. In future I will 100% separate the two by a lot more time.

I have done some research and I don't want to be constantly on gear all the time with blasting and cruising. I currently have a little one on the way which was conceived on this cycle and I don't want to count it out happening again in future. Also I'm not competing so the risks outweigh the benefits.

So just this time I'm going to continue the test at a lower dose with the var for 6-8weeks while eating just below maintenance and upping cardio. I have recovered well and quickly from past cycles so hoping this will be the same. Will definitely learn from this tho for the future and will never go over 12 weeks.

What would be the best PCT plan for after this? Will also make sure have plenty of time and get bloods checked before thinking of another cycle.

Thanks a lot for the help here.

Wey
    Wey is offline New Member
    GearHeaded,
    Your comment is without question one of the most coherent explanations to this kind of topic I've seen on any forum. It's logical, health orientated, goal orientated, and science based. Thank you

ScotchGaurd02,
    Same with your comment ScotchGaurd02. I've often wondered about diminished gains after a cycle. I've only done one 12 week cycle of Test C. My cycle ended about 17 weeks ago and I maintained everything I gained during my cycle. I wonder if thats because it was partially due to the fact that I was cycling with Test C only.

The Deadlifing Dog,
    Your comments give a lot to consider as well. It is interesting that while cycling your body is truly in a non healthy state. There's just so much to consider. At my age I know I'm not have any kids!

I was very interested in Dozer1's post because I was considering adding Anavar to my Test C cycle. I was on week 9 when I truly started to see results on my Test C cycle. My strength started to take off (at least for me at age 47) and I wanted to push it a little more. I was on a 12 week cycle with virtually zero side-affects and have read everywhere that you will never get the gains that you'll get on your 1st cycle...hence, I wanted to add the Anavar to maximize my results with a not so intense anabolic (Anavar) on my 1st cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    for anyone who is serious about their body building , I highly recommend blasting and cruising and not messing around with all the PCT and fucked up hormones up and down BS. it also makes the whole bulking and cutting phases much easier.

I do NOT recommend an enhanced guy to cut naturally. despite what a lot of guys may say on here (i.e., cutting is easy and you don't need gear), the truth is that bodybuilders since the golden era have ALWAYS used more gear during a contest prep and dieting phase then they did/do for a bulking phase.

the difference between a natural pro bodybuilder who is 160 pounds on stage and an enhanced pro bodybuilder who is 270 pounds on stage is that the drugs allow you to not only maintain but build muscle while dieting down. both these guys can bulk up and get huge, but the natty cannot diet down and stay huge, and enhanced guy can.

the fastest way to lose your gains is to come off cycle and PCT and begin cutting while on PCT.

getting your body to acclimate to your new gains is extremely important. if you went from 180 to 200, then you need to 'earn' that 200 pounds. you need to stay there and get your body used to that and make that its new set point, if you don't then your body will just want to go back down to 180 (and its going to want to do this by losing muscle not fat)

I'd take those points and think about it. you may want blast and cruise or go on TRT. instead of a cut at a future date you may want to consider a recomp . if you want to blast and cruise then take time to do research the risk vs rewards and your long term consequences or benefits (e.g.., do you want to have kids in the near future, how will cruising on gear effect that).

Thread Information