Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 55 of 55
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Winstrol - why its used for cutting and contest prep

  1. #41
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6,547
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Come on man dont over react, first nobody is talking about how you look, I couldnt care less. Second, on the subject you started about cortisol dont think about me as some staff, just a regular user discussing something you brought up. Its an interesting subject for me and I am not going to take your word on it without some sort of discussion, .
    well i appreciate that and you wanting to discuss the subject at hand.. thats why i posted this thread to begin with. get guys to think about why exaclty Winstrol is such a great contest prep drug to begin with.

    I just find it funny how guys that have never ran winny once in their life, and have zero interest in ever running winny, yet want to jump in on this thread and post studies in an attempt to discredit me. thats their only motivation for posting.

    so i appreciate you BB for actually wanting to discuss an interesting subject for the sake of the subject itself, and not simply posting just for the sake of wanting to discredit or argue with me
    Obs likes this.

  2. #42
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    well i appreciate that and you wanting to discuss the subject at hand.. thats why i posted this thread to begin with. get guys to think about why exaclty Winstrol is such a great contest prep drug to begin with.

    I just find it funny how guys that have never ran winny once in their life, and have zero interest in ever running winny, yet want to jump in on this thread and post studies in an attempt to discredit me. thats their only motivation for posting.

    so i appreciate you BB for actually wanting to discuss an interesting subject for the sake of the subject itself, and not simply posting just for the sake of wanting to discredit or argue with me
    I have ran winny, and love it, although nowadays I dont use orals, priorities shift you know how it is.

    But never actually tested cortisol while on cycle. In my opinion, and that why I asked about uric acid values, sometimes got joints issues while on it which I accredited it to uric crystals acummulation on joints. Maybe I need to ran it this summer...

  3. #43
    MuscleScience's Avatar
    MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ShredVille
    Posts
    12,627
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    I have ran winny, and love it, although nowadays I dont use orals, priorities shift you know how it is.

    But never actually tested cortisol while on cycle. In my opinion, and that why I asked about uric acid values, sometimes got joints issues while on it which I accredited it to uric crystals acummulation on joints. Maybe I need to ran it this summer...
    Gouty arthritis is a form of an inflammatory arthrotide. (at least in some medical circles it is) I could see something that inhibits inflammation being helpful in that instance. Really the Uric acid crystals are just irritating the tissues.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 04-25-2018 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Idk how autocorrect got comedy out of medical circles
    marcus300 likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

    "Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

    "In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

    Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

    No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.


    Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

    Tips For Young Lifters


    MuscleScience Training Log

  4. #44
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I hate to burst anyone’s bubble, and I’ve said this on here before. We are not going to find peer reviewed double blind placebo RAndom control studies on non-medical use of AAS compounds. No university IRB board would ever approve such a study. Most of the none-medical use studies are retrospective and are typically based on surveys and self reporting by users. Sometimes there’s a case study here or there but nothing that’s on the order or what say Merck would do for say a male contraceptive study. Almost all out knowledge is anecdotal and second or third order evidence EXTRAPOLATED from legitimate medical studies when said compounds were developed for medical uses.

    GH cannot completely prove his point with high power empirical evidence. But neither can anyone else disprove him out of hand with evidence either.
    And Yes, the burden of proof lays on the claim holder so scrutiny is good. The best we can do is debate each other based on what evidence we do have and live with the consequences good or bad knowing there is never going to be a complete answer.

    Well not until China and Russia release thier State Sponsored doping data
    The thread was written as an article and explicitly states a mechanism for some effects of the drug, and thus a source is required to verify the info. There is burden of evidence on that alone and blood tests won't prove it has this effect as described.

    Regarding the hierarchical order in which we evaluate the truthfulness of a belief, a single persons reported experience ranks lowest.

    But yes we're all left behind, now that Rodchenkov is under protective custody too... We're left with no option. Lol
    marcus300 likes this.

  5. #45
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    well i appreciate that and you wanting to discuss the subject at hand.. thats why i posted this thread to begin with. get guys to think about why exaclty Winstrol is such a great contest prep drug to begin with.

    I just find it funny how guys that have never ran winny once in their life, and have zero interest in ever running winny, yet want to jump in on this thread and post studies in an attempt to discredit me. thats their only motivation for posting.

    so i appreciate you BB for actually wanting to discuss an interesting subject for the sake of the subject itself, and not simply posting just for the sake of wanting to discredit or argue with me
    That's a personal attack and an assumption of my motives.
    marcus300 likes this.

  6. #46
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    18,828
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    I did not realize it totally blocked cortisol. Interesting stuff.
    I didnt either.
    Now I am weighing joint pain vs muscle loss at my job.


    This is awesome gh.
    I never considered running winny again until I read that part. Cortisol has always been a huge enemy of mine because my job is extremely high adrenaline sometimes. I have sought ways to block it but never found one.

    Next blast I may up the trt deca to higher dosages and throw in winny as the oral.

    Now I am looking at
    Tren base
    Mk677
    Winny
    Masteron
    Hexarellin


    You know how to make a guy think, especially a dumb one like me.
    GearHeaded likes this.

  7. #47
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    18,828
    Btw...

    I need at least two fda approved studies referencing this information and a picture of you holding a sign that says "stick it in her pooper". I will also need two videos of at least one mff threesome (while holding a bottle of winny) at your gym, with your wife and gf.

    We need these in no longer than 10 minutes from now.

    And you must bust a nut for it to be legitimate.

    We will also need a sample of the semen mailed to marcus so that he may anal-yze it.

    **I will extend the offer to when you get around to it.**
    Last edited by Obs; 04-25-2018 at 12:28 PM.
    RoxRunner and GearHeaded like this.

  8. #48
    Obs's Avatar
    Obs
    Obs is online now "Convert Emotion to Willpower"
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    18,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    GH, we have strict NO FLAME POLICY, this kind of posts do not show respect for the fellow user who reply to your thread. Debating ideas, and posting our opinion is fine and do not needs to be inflammatory.



    If you are posting you own opinion, or your own anedoctal experiences, please state so. Members here like to debate ideas and there is a great amount of knowledge please respect that by explaining your fundaments and reasons, also providing medical studies or bw that will help prove your point.

    Also, in my opinion you should put a disclaimer that the dosages you are suggesting are not for novices, and are only for professional or semi-pro athletes that are followed by medical doctors. 200mgs per day of winstrol can wreck someones health!
    Maybe you need to go read the capebuffalo vs. Powerstroke comp thread.
    If you were here you were "flaming" me like 90% of the board.
    That rule needs to be changed to what it is.

    "You may flame if you are popular"

  9. #49
    RoxRunner's Avatar
    RoxRunner is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    SouthEast-USA
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    Btw...

    I need at least two fda approved studies referencing this information and a picture of you holding a sign that says "stick it in her pooper". I will also need two videos of at least one mff threesome (while holding a bottle of winny) at your gym, with your wife and gf.

    We need these in no longer than 10 minutes from now.

    And you must bust a nut for it to be legitimate.

    We will also need a sample of the semen mailed to marcus so that he may anal-yze it.

    **I will extend the offer to when you get around to it.**
    This post wins the internet for the day/week/month..... Brilliant!
    GearHeaded and Obs like this.

  10. #50
    XXXXXXXXXX's Avatar
    XXXXXXXXXX is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    doesnt fffffff matter
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    I do not tolerate winny very well, especially while on tren. Stomach issues. I probably don't need to take it anyway with my herniated discs
    whats winstrol got to do with herniated discs

  11. #51
    guitarzan's Avatar
    guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    georgia
    Posts
    4,494
    Quote Originally Posted by gj0n3yb View Post
    whats winstrol got to do with herniated discs
    A herniated disc has lost its fluids, winny can dry up joints. Don't sound like a good combo to me, but not sure
    GearHeaded likes this.

  12. #52
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    6,547
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    A herniated disc has lost its fluids, winny can dry up joints. Don't sound like a good combo to me, but not sure
    exactly right. when you have issues like this you don't want to totally block cortisol, as its a natural anti inflammatory, adding in things like deca which can help you hold fluid may be beneficial as well.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    642
    It doesnt necessarily effect the herniated area soecifically but it makes it more uncomfortable. Im on the comeback trail now from spinal surgery. Had one in 06 then had to have another in 17, put me outta commission for quite a long time. I was on winny when i had my 2nd issue. And although the vertebrae isnt a joint and doesnt utilize cortisol like the joints, the winny made for an even worse experience.
    Im runnin winny now with deca , started winny a week ago.
    I took some notes at a seminar a few years ago, just found them
    From what i have always understood, it doesnt totally inhibit, but at 50mg or 100mg dose, would decrease it more significantly. Winny messes with the adrenal cortisol release, and binds to glucocorticoid proteins, not receptors. It knocks the bound cortisol off the protein into circulation within the body. Which is why its believed people have a bounce back effect of cortisol when they come off winny.
    GearHeaded, Obs, guitarzan and 1 others like this.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    642
    I dont know if my last bloods had cortisol results in them, i doubt it. But ill pull them up anyway, and of they did, ill let you guys know and ill play guinea pig to see what it does to levels
    Obs, guitarzan and cousinmuscles like this.

  15. #55
    AlphaMindz's Avatar
    AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Destination Peaksville
    Posts
    1,017
    I love Winny it's an amazing drug. It does make my joints hurt a bit when lifting heavy or doing certain movements like lateral raises with cables because of the constant tension. But risk/reward like everything else in life. Wanna have insane muscle separation and striations feathered throughout your body...? Gotta deal with some side effects lol.

    I personally thought this post was interesting.

    I assume everything GH posts is from personal experience and in my best judgement the man is a wealth of knowledge, even though it may be anecdotal....I personally would rather take advice from someone who's lived something than someone who's read something.

    None of us are scientists.. Let's get real lol!

    IMO what he's saying makes perfect sense because on a severely calorie restricted diet you will retain almost all of your muscle on Winny and the blocking of cortisol makes sense to me as the reason....or at least part of the reason.

    Winny and Primo are the 2 most commonly used drugs (in combination with other shit, of course) that are used precontest because when guys are pulling their calories back and still training hard it stresses the hell out of your body and these compounds are great at preserving muscle tissue while bringing out separation.

    It would be interesting to look into whether or not Primo has the property as well of blunting cortisol production..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •