Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By AlphaMindz
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: Cystic acne...Who gets it and from what compounds??

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member

Cystic acne...Who gets it and from what compounds??

Alright so getting straight to the point I got on Deca to start a mass building phase and my back exploded into a mine field of cystic acne. I'm talking so bad that I have scars now where these fucking massive cysts were formed. I have since stopped the Deca and it's slowly improving with each passing day... It's been several weeks at this point so the Nandrolone is out of my system but my body probably still needs some time to reestablish homeostasis..

I'm going to paste something my coach and our friend pointed out that, once again, was right on point. I'm going to keep him anonymous just outta respect and will leave that up to him. I wanted to share this to help other people who may be experiencing this as I know it's common...

His reply to my email asking for his help...

"did you come off of masteron when you got on deca ?

plenty of guys, including myself have acne issues with Deca.. even though Deca does NOT convert to DHT (and dht is the main cause of acne). it converts to DHB. BUT, some guys have a secondary acne effect from prolactin. its really hard to dial down the cause. what I've found is that if I run Masteron anytime I run a a nandrolone it keeps my side effects way down. pretty much why I keep Mast in almost every cycle I design for guys or run myself. Its funny I been doing this for awhile now with Mast, and Palumbo just came out with a video saying the same thing (not about acne), that Mast works as an antagonist to estrogen and prolactin receptors. which is super beneficial with any aromatizing drug but especially 19 nors. so Mast keeps estrogen and prolactin receptors from being activated by other compounds (almost like always running Nolva and Cabergoline).. interesting stuff. anyway, this may be causing your acne issue. is this your first time with deca?
    "

Pretty interesting, right? So he was, in fact, correct. I HAD come off the Mast just before the major break out. Now I did have SOME acne already but it wasn't horrible and totally manageable... When I stopped the Mast the cysts just exploded all over my back in a matter of days...Ironically, I stopped the Mast because I felt like I was on too much shit and was getting these painful pumps in the gym....The reason I say "ironically" is because I stopped a drug because I thought I was on too many things and would be better off and because I didn't have the knowledge I actually caused MORE problems for myself by discontinuing a compound..

Keep in mind I'm still getting used to running everything by a coach so it didn't occur to me to get his advise before making any decisions...I have since adapted to having an expert in my corner to help me make these decisions..

So this part of the thread so far was to share this info so others don't make the same mistake.. But now I'd like to ask.....

Who else has gotten cystic acne on their back...or anywhere else for that matter?

And what compound(s) caused it?

And what, if anything, did you do to resolve it?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
    GearHeaded likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    just a quick correction - deca converts to DHN, not DHB (n and b are right next to each other on the key board).

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMindz View Post
    Alright so getting straight to the point I got on Deca to start a mass building phase and my back exploded into a mine field of cystic acne. I'm talking so bad that I have scars now where these fucking massive cysts were formed. I have since stopped the Deca and it's slowly improving with each passing day... It's been several weeks at this point so the Nandrolone is out of my system but my body probably still needs some time to reestablish homeostasis..

I'm going to paste something my coach and our friend pointed out that, once again, was right on point. I'm going to keep him anonymous just outta respect and will leave that up to him. I wanted to share this to help other people who may be experiencing this as I know it's common...

His reply to my email asking for his help...

"did you come off of masteron when you got on deca ?

plenty of guys, including myself have acne issues with Deca.. even though Deca does NOT convert to DHT (and dht is the main cause of acne). it converts to DHB. BUT, some guys have a secondary acne effect from prolactin. its really hard to dial down the cause. what I've found is that if I run Masteron anytime I run a a nandrolone it keeps my side effects way down. pretty much why I keep Mast in almost every cycle I design for guys or run myself. Its funny I been doing this for awhile now with Mast, and Palumbo just came out with a video saying the same thing (not about acne), that Mast works as an antagonist to estrogen and prolactin receptors. which is super beneficial with any aromatizing drug but especially 19 nors. so Mast keeps estrogen and prolactin receptors from being activated by other compounds (almost like always running Nolva and Cabergoline).. interesting stuff. anyway, this may be causing your acne issue. is this your first time with deca?
    "

Pretty interesting, right? So he was, in fact, correct. I HAD come off the Mast just before the major break out. Now I did have SOME acne already but it wasn't horrible and totally manageable... When I stopped the Mast the cysts just exploded all over my back in a matter of days...Ironically, I stopped the Mast because I felt like I was on too much shit and was getting these painful pumps in the gym....The reason I say "ironically" is because I stopped a drug because I thought I was on too many things and would be better off and because I didn't have the knowledge I actually caused MORE problems for myself by discontinuing a compound..

Keep in mind I'm still getting used to running everything by a coach so it didn't occur to me to get his advise before making any decisions...I have since adapted to having an expert in my corner to help me make these decisions..

So this part of the thread so far was to share this info so others don't make the same mistake.. But now I'd like to ask.....

Who else has gotten cystic acne on their back...or anywhere else for that matter?

And what compound(s) caused it?

And what, if anything, did you do to resolve it?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
    Nandrolone decanoate takes more than a few weeks to leave your body. It shows as testosterone in some labs, and seen my own bw and other guys, with plus 1500 over 2 months after last shot.

About acne I get acne from everything, but not on cycle, the acne comes after cycling for me (and many others).

Try blue light therapy (PDT), coupled with oxygen jet if possible.
    AlphaMindz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    just a quick correction - deca converts to DHN, not DHB (n and b are right next to each other on the key board).
    And would that be dihydronandrolone from 19 nors similar to how we get dihydrotestosterone from Mast and Winny..?

And was meaning to ask you man, how come Tren doesn't make me break out at all given that it's also Nandrolone ..?

Tren is this big bad wolf to everybody and it gets such a bad wrap, meanwhile I react to it so clean and have virtually no side effects from it...Then I go and run a much "milder" form of Nandrolone and I have a fuckin shit storm of side effects, wtf! I didn't mention this but I was also having trouble bustin....although, being that I'm in a new relationship it actually played to my advantage hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Nandrolone decanoate takes more than a few weeks to leave your body. It shows as testosterone in some labs, and seen my own bw and other guys, with plus 1500 over 2 months after last shot.

About acne I get acne from everything, but not on cycle, the acne comes after cycling for me (and many others).

Try blue light therapy (PDT), coupled with oxygen jet if possible.
    Ok good shit man thanks for those suggestions. I googled blue light therapy, now are you talking about a little lamp or hand held device I buy off of Amazon... Or is this something that is done on a larger commercial basis similar to a tanning bed or something...?

And then in regards to the oxygen jet therapy... Is that also something I buy and do myself or can I go somewhere to get this done...? I've heard of the blue light but not really familiar with either of these...

And would that be dihydronandrolone from 19 nors similar to how we get dihydrotestosterone from Mast and Winny..?

And was meaning to ask you man, how come Tren doesn't make me break out at all given that it's also Nandrolone..?
    Mast and Winny are Dht DERIVED, and thus technically can't convert into DHT in the body themselves. the reason some guys may lose a little hair or get a swollen prostate, dht sides, while taking these steroids is simply because they have a strong affinity to SHBG, and that will then make a lot more free testosterone available. and thus you have more free test to be converted to DHT.
    so they indirectly effect DHT. if dht is an issue, then you lower the dose of the Test so you have less to be converted to DHT and you can stay on the high dose of Mast or winny.

if your liver is healthy you could allways try running a low dose of Acutane. if your acne is DHT related then you could run a small amount of a DHT blocker like dutesteride or fina. if its bacterial related then the blue light therapy and just washing with antibacterial soap my help.
    it may be all the above.

I get acne with Deca more then I do with Tren . though they are both 19 nor and effect prolactin, they are metabolized much different and of course tren is androgenic whereas deca is mainly anabolic . with not as much androgenic activity I believe that prolactin issues are greater with Deca then with Tren. elevated Prolactin is likely to cause higher DHT as well and thus more acne.
    this is where perhaps both a prolactin inhibitor and DHT blocker may help. Masteron is helping on the receptor level in regards to blocking prolactin, but may need dutesteride in their as well.
    acne is one of the hardest sides to pin point and fix
    AlphaMindz likes this.

I get cystic acne when I run too high a dose of 19nor. I was running 400mg/wk of Tren when I started getting cysts. I hate them things. I lowered my dose to 150mg/wk and added 250mg/wk of Mast. No more cysts and I still am gaining lean muscles.
    GearHeaded likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    I get cystic acne when I run too high a dose of 19nor. I was running 400mg/wk of Tren when I started getting cysts. I hate them things. I lowered my dose to 150mg/wk and added 250mg/wk of Mast. No more cysts and I still am gaining lean muscles.
    boom !

Ok good shit man thanks for those suggestions. I googled blue light therapy, now are you talking about a little lamp or hand held device I buy off of Amazon... Or is this something that is done on a larger commercial basis similar to a tanning bed or something...?

And then in regards to the oxygen jet therapy... Is that also something I buy and do myself or can I go somewhere to get this done...? I've heard of the blue light but not really familiar with either of these...
    All acne is due to p acnes bacteria that exists in everybodies skin, in some ppl for reasons yet not completely understood, there exits different strains of this bacteria which seems to promote acne (https://forums.steroid.com/steroid-c...ence-acne.html). So it seems to be genetic if you are prone to acne or not.

The increase in sebum production from the use of steroids , feeds the p acnes bacteria population. This bacteria is anaerobic, means it doesnt like oxygen, so it digs itself down in the pore and closes it with a biofilm (hello blocked pores), and gorges on the sebum. This blocked pores are the start of acne, it can evolve to blackheads, whiteheads, small pimple or full blown cystic zits.

The gorging and multiplying inside the pore can eventually lead to the pore skin to break, releasing the bacteria to inside the body causing a response from the immune system and you get the cystic acne.

On cycle I can actually notice the blockage of the pores happening, my theory is that once the cycle is over the sudden reduction on sebum makes the bacteria more virulent due to food scarcity, but thats just my theory lol.

Blue light (414nm) therapy has been shown to kill p acnes bacteria (can post medical studies about this), specially in the presence of oxygen. The masks or hand held devices are a bit weak in my opinion, but might due something if not to deep. Oxygen concentrators can provide an extra help. In my experience it provides acne prevention and healing with no side effects.
    AlphaMindz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    Mast and Winny are Dht DERIVED, and thus technically can't convert into DHT in the body themselves. the reason some guys may lose a little hair or get a swollen prostate, dht sides, while taking these steroids is simply because they have a strong affinity to SHBG, and that will then make a lot more free testosterone available. and thus you have more free test to be converted to DHT.
    so they indirectly effect DHT. if dht is an issue, then you lower the dose of the Test so you have less to be converted to DHT and you can stay on the high dose of Mast or winny.
    Ok I gotcha bro Winny and Mast don't convert to DHT but rather are DHT derived...but in regards to DHN I was wondering if that is Dihydronandrolone...? A byproduct of 19 nors... I had zero acne while on Tren , Winny, Mast, and of course Test...

It was specifically the Deca that did this...OR the combination of the Deca with other compounds in my body which is actually more likely cause I've run Deca before without this side effect..

I did some research on DHN and found this....

"When testosterone is 5α-reduced into DHT, which is a much more potent AAS in comparison, its effects are potentiated on a local level.[1][2] The tissues in which this occurs (i.e., the tissues that express 5α-reductase) are referred to as "androgenic " tissues and include the skin, hair follicles, and prostate gland, among others.[1] The conversion of testosterone into DHT is an important factor in the etiology of a variety of androgen-dependent conditions, including acne, excessive facial/body hair growth, scalp hair loss, prostate enlargement, and prostate cancer.[1] Unlike the case of testosterone and DHT, 5α-DHN is a much weaker agonist of the androgen receptor (AR) than is nandrolone.[1][2][3][4] For this reason, instead of local potentiation in androgenic tissues, there is a local inactivation when nandrolone is converted into 5α-DHN by 5α-reductase in these tissues.[1][2][3] This is thought to be largely or completely responsible for the exceptionally high ratio of anabolic to androgenic effects seen with nandrolone"

Ok so it definitely seems like DHN is responsible for this side effect. You were spot on brother.

So is there a way to combat this metabolite so I don't get this side effect?

And I was really looking forward to stacking Tren and Nandrolone at some point in one of our bulking phases...So do you think if I ran NPP it would lessen this side effect in any way...?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    All acne is due to p acnes bacteria that exists in everybodies skin, in some ppl for reasons yet not completely understood, there exits different strains of this bacteria which seems to promote acne (https://forums.steroid.com/steroid-c...ence-acne.html). So it seems to be genetic if you are prone to acne or not.

The increase in sebum production from the use of steroids , feeds the p acnes bacteria population. This bacteria is anaerobic, means it doesnt like oxygen, so it digs itself down in the pore and closes it with a biofilm (hello blocked pores), and gorges on the sebum. This blocked pores are the start of acne, it can evolve to blackheads, whiteheads, small pimple or full blown cystic zits.

The gorging and multiplying inside the pore can eventually lead to the pore skin to break, releasing the bacteria to inside the body causing a response from the immune system and you get the cystic acne.

On cycle I can actually notice the blockage of the pores happening, my theory is that once the cycle is over the sudden reduction on sebum makes the bacteria more virulent due to food scarcity, but thats just my theory lol.

Blue light (414nm) therapy has been shown to kill p acnes bacteria (can post medical studies about this), specially in the presence of oxygen. The masks or hand held devices are a bit weak in my opinion, but might due something if not to deep. Oxygen concentrators can provide an extra help. In my experience it provides acne prevention and healing with no side effects.
    Ok great info man, thank you.

So how does one get these therapies you're referring to?

Ok great info man, thank you.

So how does one get these therapies you're referring to?
    Look around your local skin care clinics

Thread Information