• 1 Post By Dannyboy51577
  • 2 Post By Dannyboy51577
  • 2 Post By guitarzan
  • 1 Post By guitarzan
  • 1 Post By guitarzan

Thread: Need help with T3 / Clen.

edmundo22 is offline Associate Member

Need help with T3 / Clen.

Hey guys, first week taking T3 at 25 micro gram Clen at 160 micro grams no cardio lost 5 pounds was delighted, wasn't sleeping on it due to been too hot at night stopped over the Xmas was waiting to get a summer duvet to reduce heat at night, over ate over the holidays checked the scale two weeks later gained the 5 pounds back, summer duvet got, sleeping like a baby on it just finished another week doing cardio same dosage but only lost 2 and a half pounds, pretty bummed, guess my natural T3 got supressed hence only half the loss over the second week plus also the boomerang over xmas, today Iv bumped up the T3 to 50 micro grams, just want to hear your thoughts on where I might be going wrong should I bump the T3 even higher?

matt thebeard is offline Junior Member
    if im not mistaken .25mc is the bodies natural level of t3 level so taking .25mc would not produce mind blowing results, I have had awesome results during calorie deficit using .75mc, I was running test and clen (at times) alongside to prevent catabolism but to be honest the clen was a little bit over the top with the T3 and diet more than enough for my fat loss (10lbs)

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    t3 - 50 mcg is double of what the body produces. Have you tried to drop the Clen ? I know from personal experience that t3 works better while on TRT or some other type of AAS. Your diet is going to be the biggest factor. I can only do Clen for 2 week tritrating up then stopping due to the sides. Not a fan of the shaking.

Getting no bad sides from Clen at 160 micro, my first week lost 5 pounds only took this stuff for 5 days due to insomnia so that's almost a pound a day which I'd say T3 at 25 micro is pretty mind blowing, non running any A.S just trying to loose weight, I'm guessing my natural T3 wasn't supressed as much the first week as the second so doubling the T3 should give me the same results as the first hopefully, diets just one average sized dinner portion a day.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just remember that T3 does not distinguish between fat or muscle. In other words, you need to have something that will prevent muscle loss. TRT levels may not be enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dnutz22 likes this.

I know it eats muscle just back from the gym had to go down in weights and still could barely lift no strength whatsoever, not too bad as I'm not a body builder just looking to get in shape loose weight, how long can someone stay on T3?, and do you have to do some sort of pct after to get natural T3 to normal levels.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    you should run T3 at least 50mcg per day . you can run it long term and your thyroid will bounce right back, not pct or anything needed to get natty T3 levels back, it comes back on its own easily.

you say you had no bad sides from 160mcg of Clen , then you go on to say you have insomnia. well that is a bad side. next time run clen at a lower dose and work your dosage up, 60. 80. 100 over a couple of weeks . you shouldn't need over 100mcg.

if your not dieting and training then your just cutting yourself short and relying on drugs
    matt thebeard likes this.

Thank you for the replys, the insomnia the first week was from my body temperature and a winter duvet switched to a light summer one and sleeping fine now, I have minor cramping at the gym but not like when I was on 200 mgm so 160 seems to work fine for me, good to know I can take the T3 long term and hopefully will get better results next weigh in.

matt thebeard is offline Junior Member
    the 5lb loss in the first week would have been pure water weight so I wouldn't be getting excited thinking that was the drugs working for you, its the third and fourth week where you can measure what's doing what, anyone can lose 5lbs in the first week with simply changing your diet, do not be fooled the body is a clever thing. As above unless running AAs you run the risk of loosing hard earned muscle, I know Clen is helpful in not becoming catabolic but I would want to be real sure and i would definitely run some gear alongside.

Week over just weighed myself, lost 6 and 3 /4 pounds!! Delighted again with the result pretty much half a stone in a week only eat one meal a day even had a subway on Friday with cookies and a coke then Saturday a pizza, Iv noticed on T3 the food I eat gets broken down and processed so it's not just siting in my stomach giving me a huge gut, loving the weight loss.

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    As stated previously, insomnia is a side of this. And feeling very hot is also a side of this. And to further another point already made, anywhere from 5-10 lbs lost is most likely just water weight.
    Need to get that diet in check to see real results. Going to far in a caloric deficit, especially while taking theses substances is not going to be beneficial. Being sucked down and dehydrated is an illusion and isn’t weight loss
    Dnutz22 likes this.

Didn't fully understand what water weight loss was until now thanks for that, have another question is Ketotifan over the counter?, and can you use any other anti histamine?

Clove1234 is offline Associate Member
    Don’t know about ketotifan, but yes anti histamines like Benadryl over otc.

I'm not talking about for sleep sorry meant for the Clenbuterol so can take it long term not two weeks on and off, any anti histamine or does it have to be ketotifan?, I noticed this week on break from Clen only half the heat, I would assume the weight loss would come from the body producing so much heat, never feel dehydrated.

Last edited by edmundo22; 04-23-2018 at 04:06 AM.

Hi guys I need some help, I started back on T3 / Clen last week I also started taking protein shakes the same week but only for one work out day, one in the morning and one after workout, end of week weighed myself I lost 6 pounds which is what I usually loose per week with the same dosage as I only eat one meal a day ( some of that could be water weight ), just finished second week but with taking protein shakes for my 3 workout days, weighed myself today I gained 2 and 3/4 pounds in a week, Iv noticed visible gains from taking protein, I'm much stronger have more energy and do much better working out then before, but bummed I didn't see get the same weight loss, is it possible the gain in weight is muscle or is the protein just making me fat?, really need help with this thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by edmundo22 View Post
    Hi guys I need some help, I started back on T3 / Clen last week I also started taking protein shakes the same week but only for one work out day, one in the morning and one after workout, end of week weighed myself I lost 6 pounds which is what I usually loose per week with the same dosage as I only eat one meal a day ( some of that could be water weight ), just finished second week but with taking protein shakes for my 3 workout days, weighed myself today I gained 2 and 3/4 pounds in a week, Iv noticed visible gains from taking protein, I'm much stronger have more energy and do much better working out then before, but bummed I didn't see get the same weight loss, is it possible the gain in weight is muscle or is the protein just making me fat?, really need help with this thanks guys.
    You need a real diet. One meal per day is not going to cut it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    You need a real diet. One meal per day is not going to cut it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That does nothing to answer my question, I'm not a body builder I'm not looking to get huge just wan't to loose weight and build up my chest and arms a bit, before on T3 I had no strength lost a good bit of muscle hence the protein shakes, my question is if I usually loose loose 6 pounds in a week on t3 / clen but a week taking 6 protein shakes in total on the same diet same work out routine I actually gained 2 and 3/4 pounds, is this muscle mass or just extra calories converting to fat?, Iv noticed much improvement in gains but I don't know how much weight in muscle mass can be built in a week.

Its not very likely the gains are all muscle. I think theres a few things that you can learn from a bit more explanation.

When charger says one meal a day isnt gonna work he is correct- by only eating one meal per day, you are stagnating your metabolism. Your body will hold onto that food, because it doesnt have a normal incoming flow of food. It becomes accustomed to not getting food for long periods and goes into survival mode and stores whatever it can. Hence, you are actually being counterproductive with the t3/clen . If you change to even a slightly cleaner diet, with even 2 or 3 small meals spread through the day, the body will allow the drugs to work better and release what it doesnt need, hence weight loss.

I am running the combo now, my 3rd run in last couple months, and ive run it more than a few times. .25mcg is generally the normal output of the body. Contrary to alot of the beliefs out there, you cannrun both for extended periods of time without cycling. Generally 6-8 wks of clen and t3 for as long as you want. This protocol has been used by gurus and good dieticians in the sport for a long time.

I would suggest to adjust your dosages- bump the clen down to 120 for now, and t3 up to 100mcg. Just my experience, and everyone reacts differently, but the t3 increase i think, will assist with the fat loss a bit better, depending on your body. And you dont really wanna run the clen higher than you have to, and with that combo, the t3 will add some body heat and sweating.

Very important- you must stay hydrated - meaning a gallon or better per day. Again, you will be overheating and causing more issues if you dehydrate. Your body will also do the same with water that it does with food, it will hold water ifnit doesnt see a normal income of fresh water. After about a week or so of normal water intake, it will let go of what its holding because it doesnt need to hold it anymore.
    Also very important- watch blood pressure and heart rate very carefully- you will get increases in both from these drugs, and you have to be mindful of going into the danger zone of being too high and causing serious issues.
    cousinmuscles likes this.

Didn't fully understand what water weight loss was until now thanks for that, have another question is Ketotifan over the counter?, and can you use any other anti histamine?
    Use Keto, Benadryl doesn't work as well as Keto to reset receptors.

Weight loss after a workout is water. Weigh yourself as soon as you get up and before you eat anything. That will be your baseline weight. You're just looking at water weight loss when you compare weight loss from day to day. It takes time for you to lose "real" weight. Protein isn't going to replace the muscles burned away by T3. You need Test to maintain muscle integrity. Even an oral like Anavar is better than only drinking only protein shakes.

Thank you for the reply's, Scotch I finally got my hands on Keto this was to be the first time running T3 / Clen with no breaks also I weigh myself once a week and first thing in the morning after a coffee induced power dump, Danny Iv read up on metabolism there's conflicting info the boost from eating first thing in the morning is minimal, I tried eating breakfast first thing plus one other meal and I just got fat, I'm not working right now either so I shouldn't require the same amount of calories as someone who is working, then Iv seen you tube videos where some body builders swear by intermittent fasting as opposed to smaller portions of food through out the day so its difficult with conflicting information.

This isn't my first time running T3 / Clen every other week it was T3 25 mcg and Clen 200mcg and around 6 pounds including water weight lost but the second week only 3 pounds lost so on advise by another member like you said to run T3 100 mcg clen 120 mcg I increased T3 to 50 mcg and reduced Clen to 160 mcg, didn't go up to T3 100 mcg because the shit is expensive cant really afford to up it that much but again got the 6 pounds lost at that dosage, could it be something like T3 becoming less effective with time and needs to be increased?, I'll look into how much it will cost to run it that high if that's what I need to do, I cant quite understand how its even possible to gain 3 pounds while on T3 / Clen with the exact same diet and workout routine as every other week, the only other variable was the addition of protein shakes which is only 230 calories daily times 3 for the whole week, I'm fairly certain my muscles have doubled since the protein given my previous diet wasn't enough to build muscle, protein will make you gain weight if your not working out but I was and only took it on my workout days.
    Last edited by edmundo22; 04-23-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Ok. So yes, there are plenty of people that do intermittent fasting and it can be effective, ive done it myself. But intermittent fasting doesnt mean you cut your total input for the day. When you say you are only eating 1 meal per day, thats not going to improve your metabolism, it will slow it down. You are not putting logs onto to the fire to be burned, so your body slows itself and its energy expenditure, and your metabolism, to match the amount of food coming in. This is not the same as intermittent fasting.

T3 does not become less effective. Once u introduce exogenous t3, your body recognizes it and no longer sends a signal for production naturally. Its a bit more complicated but thats the basic idea. If you run 25mcg per day, you are running the same as your body would normally produce on its own, therefore no increase in metabolic rate.

You can do what you want but i would never advise anyone to run clen at 200mcg, its too high. You are boincing around way too much with dosages to get a real world result.

As far as not working and calories- thats not a good comparison. It would be more beneficial to look at your total calorie expenditure per day. It has to do with daily activity overall regardless if you are working.

And i dont understand- if you tried eating nothing but breakfast and 1 other meal per day and got fat, theres another problem somewhere. Im just gonna ballpark that those 2 meals put you maybe 2000-2300 calories lets say. If you are only taking in that little amount per day and still got fat, theres a much more important problem going on.

Again, no prob with t3 qnd clen, no prob if you want to do intermittent fasting, but i think you need to figure out what else is going on with your body, that would cause you to gain weight with next to nothing coming in every day.

What are your stats and what are you trying to accomplish?

Only point I was trying to make in regards to metabolism is Iv been doing the exact same thing diet wise with one meal a day while on T3 / Clen and always loosing the 6 pounds ( including whatever water weight ) for many weeks that I was on it, even when I was off it same diet I wouldn't gain any weight in a week maybe a few pounds in a month but never gain 3 pounds in a single week which is what happened last week, also would it really make much difference eating more smaller meals to boost metabolism while I'm already taking fat burners that double maybe triple metabolism?, think the reason I was getting such good results was because I'm only eating one sensibly sized meal a day while the T3 / Clen was burning it as opposed to most people who eat breakfast lunch and dinner everyday, last week was the only week either on or off T3 Clen that I gained 3 pounds and the only thing I did differently was take protein shakes so it either turned to fat or muscle, I have no idea how many of pounds of muscle can be gained in a week which is why I asked on here.

The 200 mcg of clen was just in the beginning and because someone else recommended that as the max on another forum, Ill try and get up to 100 mcg T3 bring Clen down to 100, also I could stop the protein for a week and see if that's the cause.

Stats I'm 5'9 and 157 pounds, hoping to maybe be thin someday and bulk up a bit.

Thats part of the point- what ur losing is almost all water weight, and moet likely what ur gaining is almost all water. No you cannot put on 3 lbs of muscle in a wk, or a month, on average workouts and no aas.

You are messing with your metabolism while eating less than your body requires, and i could be wrong but sounds like your body is doing everything it can to fight back. When you take in such small amounts of anything, the body goes into survival mode, not knowing when the next available resources will arrive. It will hoard water, food as fat stores, etc. So even though you think if you only take in a little that you should be able to burn it, your body has other plans. This instance sounds to me like your body is in emergency mode and fighting against the t3 and not ramping up metabolism and storing what it can when it can. And you will stay on that roller coaster as long as u continue on this path.

The body does not have storage for protein like it does for carbs or fat. And you are not taking in enough protein for it to convert any of it to anything else. So it is most likely now using the protein you gave it as energy, muscle building, etc first, and holding onto everything else it can for dear life.

Hate to tell ya, and this is only my opinion- you are going to mess with drugs, dosages, etc, and not get the results you want, and as soon as you come off the drugs, lose any results you get, because your body is gonna fight you on this one.

And just my .02, but at those stats, how much smaller you wanna be? That sounds rather small to begin with, i cant imagine you have that much fat to burn
    Dnutz22 likes this.

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    100mcg of T3 and no Testosterone to protect the muscle? This is a terrible idea. I understand you do not want to be huge but at 157lb I doubt that is a problem. Realize what is happening here as you use the scale to measure your weight loss because it is weightloss, not purely fat loss. You are losing muscle and building that back will not be as easy. You need to re-evaluate your strategy here as this is in no way sustainable.

Tarmy g I don't want to take any a.s for now, strangely enough Iv always been well built even when I never worked out had full chest biceps but in my 30's it's fading, had my testosterone checked before was 650 Ng / dl I can get muscle back pretty quickly, I know you won't agree but I'm getting solid gains with the protein even while on T3.

Danny thanks again for your input, Iv heard the same theory on starvation mode so maybe I'll try to change my current eating plan to smaller portions through out the day, trust me I still have a fat stomach and fat ass I was over 13 stone Xmas then last week down to 11 and none of that 2 stone came back after stopping T3 / Clen , I'll ramp t3 up to 100 today, one last thing I forgot to take the Ketofifen last night, it can hardly be taken in the morning before taking Clen?, it would prob be at night to flush out the receptors, do I have to take it for 2 weeks and is 2mg enough to take? I'll try googling it.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    100mcg of T3 and no Testosterone to protect the muscle? This is a terrible idea. I understand you do not want to be huge but at 157lb I doubt that is a problem. Realize what is happening here as you use the scale to measure your weight loss because it is weightloss, not purely fat loss. You are losing muscle and building that back will not be as easy. You need to re-evaluate your strategy here as this is in no way sustainable.
    Very good point! T3 does not discriminate between muscle and fat. You will lose muscle without something to preserve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cant say, i dont mess with the keto. But by changing your eating style, keeping up with workouts, keeping macros - protein coming in, you will notice a difference in composition within a couple wks
    edmundo22 and charger69 like this.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You should never run clen over 100 mcg, you could damage your heart and not know it. The clen can keep you from losing muscle while on t3. T3 can cause insomnia and the shakes just like clen, so you have to be careful once you get up to 100, figure out your sweet spot. I like t3/eca better while on tren cycle. Once you taper off the t3, if you get numb lips and tongue, take a little more...
    edmundo22 and charger69 like this.

I love how people say I don't want to be huge, like it's that easy...lol
    Every time I hear someone say that, I say don't worry, I'll let you know before you do.

That's like a fat guy saying, I'm not trying to be 4% bf lol
    Dnutz22 likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    or like a chick saying , I don't want to lift weights cause I don't want to be all muscle bound ! lol, don't worry, you only have like 40 ng/dl of test in your body, its pretty much impossible for you to become muscle bound no matter how hard you try

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    or like a chick saying , I don't want to lift weights cause I don't want to be all muscle bound ! lol, don't worry, you only have like 40 ng/dl of test in your body, its pretty much impossible for you to become muscle bound no matter how hard you try
    Haha, sounds like my wife. I don't won't big muscles!

I can run Clen at 160 no problem at 200 was getting cramps even my hand would cramp up and some heart racing but from now on I'll run it at 100 now T3 ramped up to 100 also, I had insomnia too in the beginning was horrible also had to buy a summer duvet during winter to reduce heat which was part of the not sleeping, I found a source where I can get pharmaceutical grade T3 100 tabs for 15 Euro, only reason I was running T3 low n Clen high cuz I couldn't afford to before but sorted now.

I can run Clen at 160 no problem at 200 was getting cramps even my hand would cramp up and some heart racing but from now on I'll run it at 100 now T3 ramped up to 100 also, I had insomnia too in the beginning was horrible also had to buy a summer duvet during winter to reduce heat which was part of the not sleeping, I found a source where I can get pharmaceutical grade T3 100 tabs for 15 Euro, only reason I was running T3 low n Clen high cuz I couldn't afford to before but sorted now.
    You say no problems, how do you know you're not damaging your heart? It's not worth it brother!
    charger69 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    You say no problems, how do you know you're not damaging your heart? It's not worth it brother!
    Im sayin. Hopefully he is convinced to keep the clen down. I have no probs with 100mcg of each, but it isnt for extended periods of time either. Ill run them both for 3wks, maybe 4 at the most. Then leave it alone for a few months minimum.
    Small guy to begin with, plus diet issues, but just seems like he is set on runnin them. Sometimes i guess you cross your fingers and hope

Just weighed myself a week later only lost 2 1/2 pounds, I would be happy with that if I was never loosing 5 pounds before that, I had extra T3 that wasn't pharmaceutical grade so I used 50 mcg of the non pharmaceutical along with the pharm grade T3 to get the 100 mcg but I suspect the non pharma is heavily under dosed, it was parapharma don't know if anyone knows if its totally bunk.

I didn't switch up my eating plan to more smaller meals, I looked into it there's an equal amount of information saying one meal a day ( omad diet ) is effective for burning fat plus I was doing the omad before while loosing 5 - 6 pounds so I don't think that's the problem.

The only thing Iv been doing differently since only getting half the weight loss is consuming protein shakes, its not possible I gained 2 1/2 pounds in muscle while having burned fat?, everything Iv looked into says protein helps people loose fat by building muscle so I don't know how that could be the problem either, should I stop the protein for a week to see if I'll get the 5 pound loss ( including water weight )?, or more likely it was having reduced the Clen from 160 mcg to 120 mcg that resulted in only half the weight loss, at least this week there was weight loss instead of gaining 3 pounds last week.
    Last edited by edmundo22; 04-30-2018 at 04:39 AM.

Thread Information