Thread: Need advice

Macros is offline Junior Member

Need advice

I’m on my 3rd cycle. 1st was test E only 12 weeks. 2nd was test E and EQ 14 weeks and now I’m doing test and NPP 12 weeks. Test is 400mgs/wk and NPP is 300mgs/wk. I’m 30y/o and usually weigh around 170. My weight dropped below 170 prior to this 3rd cycle bc I wanted to go into the cycle as lean as possible so I was eating 2100 cals (2300 is maintenance) but I didn’t loose much bodyfat. I started the cycle around 15%bf and upped calories to 2500 to start a lean bulk and planned to up cals as needed. 6 weeks into the cycle I haven’t gained much weight, I’m 172lbs, but I had gained significant bodyfat all over my midsection, especially lower back and love handles. I’m not sure what the hell im doing wrong. I’ve always eaten super clean and I work out very hard in the gym. I haven’t done cardio during this cycle since the goal was lean bulk. I only upped calories 400 from the 2100 start point and 2500 is only 200 cals over maintenance. I’m currently eating 250 carbs (100 grams pre/post workout); 225 protein; 70 fat. I can share my meals if you are curious but it’s all clean whole food. I’m just not sure how much more bodyfat I should be ok with gaining during this bulk. Especially since I haven’t had significant muscle gain or strength increase. I feel like my nutrient partitioning sucks and I’m definitely carb sensitive. Any advice?

gb123 is offline New Member
    Could be fake or low dosed gear maybe ?
    Maybe get some blood done and see whats what ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    How do you want gains if you don't eat?

Double your carbs, at least.

I’m scheduling bloods in the next week or two and will post results.

Mr. BB I’m not really sure what you mean. I’m 5’9” 30yo and 172lbs, my maintenance calories are 2300 and I have been eating 200 cals over maintenance for 6 weeks. My bodyfat has increased from around 15% to around 18%. If I just doubled my carbs right now I would gain weight but for some reason my body is story fat rather than building lean muscle tissue, even while on gear. So if I ate 500 grams of carbs a day like you are suggesting, I would be over 20% bodyfat in no time. And from what I read you should even be on gear if you are much over 15% bodyfat anyway.

How many calories do you recommend I eat daily, given my stats and what macro breakdown. Currently I am doing 40/40/20 - c/p/f; 45/35/20 - c/p/f on leg day and 35/45/20 - c/p/f on off days (1-2 days per week)

Zach151288 is offline New Member
    �� I would be starving haha. I’m doing minimum 5k-7k cals daily. Gear can only get you so far. Have to start in the kitchen for sure.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Just reading this am starving .

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post

Mr. BB I’m not really sure what you mean. I’m 5’9” 30yo and 172lbs, my maintenance calories are 2300 and I have been eating 200 cals over maintenance for 6 weeks. My bodyfat has increased from around 15% to around 18%. If I just doubled my carbs right now I would gain weight but for some reason my body is story fat rather than building lean muscle tissue, even while on gear. So if I ate 500 grams of carbs a day like you are suggesting, I would be over 20% bodyfat in no time. And from what I read you should even be on gear if you are much over 15% bodyfat anyway.

How many calories do you recommend I eat daily, given my stats and what macro breakdown. Currently I am doing 40/40/20 - c/p/f; 45/35/20 - c/p/f on leg day and 35/45/20 - c/p/f on off days (1-2 days per week)
    Whats your objective? If you want to gain you need to start eating over 3000cals, and even that is not really much. Yes, you will gain subq water and you may feel like getting fat, but except if you have prime genetics you wont get gains while maintaining thin skin.

If you dont eat enough you may be wasting the gear.

Increase you carbs, and increase your cardio, kicking in your metabolism with cardio will avoid fat gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post

Your BMR's about 1835cals and if your activity ratio is 1.5, your TDEE is about 2750cal. If you eat 2750cals you won't gain any weight or lose any weight. You need to be eating 3000cals+ per day if you want to gain weight. Tren only helps your gain weight but the food is what you need. For a bulking cycle eat about 40% of your diet in carbs, 30% in protein, and 30% in fats. You just need to eat until your jaw muscles hurt.
    Last edited by ScotchGuard02; 04-30-2018 at 06:38 AM.

Thank you all for the advice.

Thread Information