physio_sport is offline Banned

Gamma Amino Butyric Acid - GABA

does anyone use this or do they think its effective.
    is it worth getting ?
    is this a rip off supplement or does it actually raise GH.
    and also does it increase the effectivness of other supplements and steroids .
    Last edited by physio_sport; 09-03-2001 at 04:23 AM.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Physio

I,ve heard many times that GABA increase the effects of steroids and I question I have always asked is if it does,do the side effects increase.

The general answer from the research I have done is that it is a good supplement but as for increasing AAS effects seems to be a load of old bunk.

Billy

physio_sport is offline Banned
    thanx for your help billy

ECKO 747 is offline Associate Member
    I wanna hear more this so I'm gona BUMP this one

popa is offline Senior Member
    BUMP

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I LOVE the stuff myself. Go for the cheapest you can find, as some manufactures (who said Maximuscle!) fill their full of rubbish and charge the earth for it. I use it for getting better quality sleep. I've never really noticed anyother good sides other than that, and if your getting better sleep you grow better anyway I suppose.
    One very unpleasent side effect is breathlessness for a few seconds after taking it, feels like your breathing has gone VERY shallow, then you die lol. Kidding of course. Then you fall into a deep sleep.
    I used to get 'Tropicana GABA' as it was the cheapest here and it worked every bit as good as some costing over twice as much from M'muscle.

Bouncer

I am just going to bump this old thread bc i know LR is going to be selling this and honestly I have heard very little about it.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    This is part of an article I found on a website that moniters the effectiveness of supplements.

Although GABA can be converted into GHB in the brain, and both appear to have power actions in certain regions of the brain, it is unclear whether orally administered GABA is converted to GHB. It does appear, however, that pituitary growth hormone release is partly regulated by blood levels of GABA.

Many supplement marketers cite a single obscure Italian study as evidence that GABA increases growth hormone (GH) secretion in athletes. The study, which was conducted over 20 years ago, was carried out in fewer than 20 subjects, and while it did show an increase in blood levels of GH, it has yet to be replicated by other scientists.

In more recent studies (in sheep), intravenous administration of GABA resulted in a rapid increase in plasma GH levels, while direct administration of GABA into the brain produced a significant increase in GH release. In other studies (in mice), increased concentrations of GABA in the systemic circulation have been linked to impaired liver repair.

Studies which have examined glutamate supplements (glutamate can be converted into GABA) in athletes have shown a suppression of serum GH levels during exercise in cyclists receiving glutamate/arginine supplements. Another study found 10 grams of oral glutamic acid to stimulate the secretion some pituitary hormones (prolactin and cortisol), but no effect was seen on GH levels.

bayoumike is offline New Member
    wait to you get to try LR new forms of GABA. they are the newest and first time ever produced....N-acetyl-GABA , 3-hydroxy-GABA , and 3-phenyl-GABA

Thread Information