Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Quester

Thread: Anavar/immune system

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member

Anavar/immune system

I'm in the middle of an Anavar cycle (25mg/day). My pharmacist suggested I get the shingles vaccine. My concern is if Anavar affects immunity. Some steroids do. Anyone know if safety and efficacy of immunizations are affected by Anavar?

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The steroids which effect immunity have glucocorticoid properties, examples are prednisone, and to a lesser degree, Deca . They do this by reducing the inflammatory process in the immune response. You should be ok, Anavar works in a different manner. Hopefully Biz will weigh-in, he has a weaalth of knowledge in this area.
    PeanutbutterDC likes this.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    I'll throw you a curve here.

Does he want you to get the newer Shingrix vaccine or the older Zostavax? Shingrix has dead virus with an adjuvant (a sort of irritant included to raise immune response), while Zostavax has weakened live virus. So if live virus was your cause for concern that's something to think about.

Part of the appeal of the newer vaccine is not just increased efficacy but also that it can be a safer alternative for immuno-compromised patients.

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernst View Post
    I'll throw you a curve here.

Does he want you to get the newer Shingrix vaccine or the older Zostavax? Shingrix has dead virus with an adjuvant (a sort of irritant included to raise immune response), while Zostavax has weakened live virus. So if live virus was your cause for concern that's something to think about.

Part of the appeal of the newer vaccine is not just increased efficacy but also that it can be a safer alternative for immuno-compromised patients.
    She. And live virus version

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    I do not foresee any issues with Anavar in this regard. I would, out of an abundance of caution, cut workout intensity and volume down a couple days post vaccine. Strenuous exercise has an acute immunosuppressive effect. No sense in beating your body down without any benefit.

Thread Information