• 1 Post By Quester
  • 1 Post By PeanutbutterDC
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 3 Post By PeanutbutterDC
  • 1 Post By Dannyboy51577

Thread: Anavar and menstrual cycle

Southernbarbelle is offline Female Member

Anavar and menstrual cycle

I’m about to start my 1st cycle. I’ll be doing 10/day anavar . I’ve read where some women did not have a menstrual cycle or spotted while they were on. My question is, is that what I should kinda expect? Did you/your lady have one directly after? How soon after? Thanks in advance

Im actually interested myself. My wife is going to be starting her first anavar run in a week or so, and being that i dont have a vagina, i am trying to round up all the possible info i can so she is as well informed as possible. Im sure theres plenty of info on women runnin anavar

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    It varies from one to the next

It's kinda y my wife is still scared of running n e thing

But, 10mg is a good starting dose - from everything I hear, you should b fine

Yet, I know 3rd party info isn't as good as 1st person - I think we have one female left on here who would know

Gymgirl16 is offline New Member
    I’m on my first cycle, supposed to be getting my period today, haven’t gotten it.
    I have read lots of women don’t get it.
    Southernbarbelle likes this.

How long are you planning for your first cycle?

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've read the title of this post a few times over the last few days and it only now provoked the obvious. First, I'd like to apologize to anyone who I may offend. Second, the only reason to be offended is because the excessively politically correct environment we live-in. That's never stopped me before so,
    ----"Anavar and PMS," ...OMG, that's the scariest thing I've heard of in weeks!

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    I've read the title of this post a few times over the last few days and it only now provoked the obvious. First, I'd like to apologize to anyone who I may offend. Second, the only reason to be offended is because the excessively politically correct environment we live-in. That's never stopped me before so,
    ----"Anavar and PMS," ...OMG, that's the scariest thing I've heard of in weeks!
    I don't get it. Are you thinking anavar would increase symptoms of pms?

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No Mam,
    The reply has nothing to do with the science of things, just the practical. Anavar would increase the damage caused by PMS on me. And, probably justified.
    In response to the original post, I understand that Amenorrhea (sorry for the big word I'm just trying to show that I respect you) is often experienced by lady athletes. Perhaps the cause is hormonal status, cortisol, I guess? It would make sense that between the dedication of a lady lifter and the anavar itself, one would expect it. Also, it would also make sense that it is a temporary state.
    As for the psychosocial changes, I wouldn't know. However, your question seems to concern the one physical symptom, spotting, or amenorrhea, I'd bet my car against a home cooked meal that it is temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    It varies from one to the next

It's kinda y my wife is still scared of running n e thing

But, 10mg is a good starting dose - from everything I hear, you should b fine

Yet, I know 3rd party info isn't as good as 1st person - I think we have one female left on here who would know
    There really aren't a lot of women on here.
    To the original poster, I'm sorry I can't provide much insight on this. I'm about 6 weeks in on my first cycle (25mg Anavar /day) and haven't had a period but I've only spotted a little since November unrelated to anavar usage (as I'm in perimenopause). Fwiw I ovulated the other day. That's all I got.
    Best wishes!

Blog Entries
    Info on female cycling is damn near impossible to find.

I'd love to know on how much & how long some of these girls run this shit. . . No one brings it up & it seems to b way more frowned upon than guys on juice.

I'd love to know on how much & how long some of these girls run this shit. . . No one brings it up & it seems to b way more frowned upon than guys on juice.
    Exactly!! There is not as many women taking it, and those that do, don’t talk about it

I wish I knew more so I could post here! The first cycle stickie is apparently great for guys, but doesnt speak to women's needs at all. And it was written *by a woman*

My coach has several women athletes: ifbb bikini, figure, and physique pros (as well as male ifbb pros) He's been doing this for like 30 years and knows his sh!t, so I just do what I'm told and keep in daily communication with him.

My advice to other women: get yourself an excellent coach. Someone with experience with women. Take a look at their clients to see if you like the results.

P.S. our plan for my first cycle is/was 25mg Anavar daily for 16 weeks and 40mcg clen (building up to 3x/day) daily for 3 weeks, then eca stack 3x/day for 3 weeks, then back to clen and so on. That in mind, it's a game plan, not set in stone. Make adjustments as necessary
    Last edited by PeanutbutterDC; 05-26-2018 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernbarbelle View Post
    Exactly!! There is not as many women taking it, and those that do, don’t talk about it
    I was surprised that even bikini athletes are using.
    Personally I'm glad to share my experience on an anonymous forum such as here, but was advised not to talk about it to my gym acquaintances bc people definitely gossip - and especially about women
    cousinmuscles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Southernbarbelle View Post
    How long are you planning for your first cycle?
    16 weeks

Blog Entries
    And what else is funny as shit is guys who juice: hey man, how's that test?! It's great; I just jumped my dose of _____

Lol

Yet, females will not even say a word about it & when brought up - oh, noooooo

BS - how r u deadlifting 225 and only weigh 130 - yet, your back is covered in bacne

Oh well

And what else is funny as shit is guys who juice: hey man, how's that test?! It's great; I just jumped my dose of _____

Lol

Yet, females will not even say a word about it & when brought up - oh, noooooo

BS - how r u deadlifting 225 and only weigh 130 - yet, your back is covered in bacne

Oh well
    When women enjoy social/cultural permission to bodybuild, to be muscular, to be gender non-conforming they'll be more likely to open up about it.

In my 30 years of weight training I can't tell you the number of times I've been told to be careful not to get too big, or muscular, or strong, or masculine. (And I only recently started using gear)

My point is, the social cost for openness about steroids is much greater for women. And although it shouldn't matter what other people say and think, we're social animals, humans, it does matter.
    Last edited by PeanutbutterDC; 05-27-2018 at 12:45 AM.

[QUOTE=PeanutbutterDC;7384520]When women enjoy social/cultural permission to bodybuild, to be muscular, to be gender non-conforming they'll be more likely to open up about it.

In my 30 years of weight training I can't tell you the number of times I've been told to be careful not to get too big, or muscular, or strong, or masculine. (And I only recently started using gear)

My point is, the social cost for openness about steroids is much greater for women. And although it shouldn't matter what other people say and think, we're social animals, humans, it does matter.[/QUOTE

No doubt theres been a double standard since the dawn of time. But i think the double standard applies more to women in bodybuilding in general than to women using steroids. The stigma surrounding steroids is pretty harsh regardless, and theres horrible scrutiny for anyone that uses, purchases, sells. Thats why theres so many anonymous forums, censorship, etc. I agree with you on the double standard, but i would say it applies to women in the realm of bodybuilding more so than the ones that use steroids . They get scrutiny too, but just as much as the rest of us get for using, which is heaps and tons

Blog Entries
    Fron what I know & have seen/heard -

If you look juiced - u r juiced, female - male, it don't matter

How & what they run - well, it varies

But, I see girls every day around me - and I know u r on some shit, and a lot & for a long time. . . There is just no way around it

If someone asks me & they get lucky enough to get a real full answer - they are shocked when I say I am on injectables year round

Samson snd Dannyboy, thank you both for educating me on the male experience with AS and the scrutiny and sh!t men encounter.
    Dannyboy, point well taken on the double standard applying more to bodybuilding
    Samson, "if u look juiced u r juiced" that's a good point

Unfortunately, more because of the media and the stories told over and over, the stigma surrounding any kind of steroid use by anyone is worse than the underage angry binge drinking going on at any college campus in the country. Just what it is. Few people in my circle of friends know i juice, and they think its the devils brew and im gonna gointo convulsions and die any minute, cuz of shit they have read and heard through the media. Sucks for all of us, but until more people step out and educate, thats how it is

Thread Information