Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cousinmuscles

Thread: Disappointed so far

Didicoy is offline New Member

Disappointed so far

Hi all,
    Eight weeks into my first twelve week 500mg/wk test only cycle. About four weeks in i started to get sensitive nipples, I left it at first but convinced myself I was getting gyno and from week six started Arimidex at 1ml every other day, sensitive nips have gone but no real gains and feeling naff mood wise.
    Should I lower the Arimidex dose?

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Didicoy View Post
    Hi all,
    Eight weeks into my first twelve week 500mg/wk test only cycle. About four weeks in i started to get sensitive nipples, I left it at first but convinced myself I was getting gyno and from week six started Arimidex at 1ml every other day, sensitive nips have gone but no real gains and feeling naff mood wise.
    Hell yeah. You probably crashed your e2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto.
    Im assuming thats 1mg/ml if your taking liquid? At 1mg eod, you probably bombed your e2, especially after that dose for 4 wks. I would suggest dropping it altogether for at least 2 wks and see how u feel. Depending on ur cycle length prob wont need it for 500mg for the rest of ur cycle

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    What’s ur diet? Besides crashing ur estrogen.

Dannyboy: Its actually Anastrazole 1mg tab.

Mackattack: Diet is 3000cal/day. I currently weight 83kg, I did up my calories a bit but started to put on fat so dropped back to 3000. I use myfinesspal, macros at 30%fat,30%carbs and 40%protein.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You probably need one eigth to one fourth of the amount of arimidex you're taking.

Since you're on a cycle don't worry about a slight fat gain, make sure you get the most of it and that your weight is increasing steadily.

Dannyboy: Its actually Anastrazole 1mg tab.

Mackattack: Diet is 3000cal/day. I currently weight 83kg, I did up my calories a bit but started to put on fat so dropped back to 3000. I use myfinesspal, macros at 30%fat,30%carbs and 40%protein.
    Ok, thats same as arimidex , just generic name. So you were at 1mg eod then right? Way way too much. Would take you maybe a week and a hlf or so to drop your estrogen to 0. You wont need any more anastrozole. Especially if you are sticking to 12 wk cycle. Hard to say if that will be long enough at 500mg /wk to get your estrogen back in range, but should at least bring it back up a bit to make you feel a little better. And just food for thought, alot of guys get sore joints, depression, libido issues, from low estrogen. These things should start to get back to normal once ur e2 starts to level out

Thanks fellas for your help. Much appreciated.

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Anastrozole is the drug name. Arimidex is the trade name. Same chemical but IME pills are typically better quality (but not always).

Sounds like you did crash your estrogen. Drop the Adex to .5mg e3d and that should be plenty to keep 500mg test/ week from aromatizing too much..(There is no magic formula as it varies for everyone but this is a good starting point...you may even want to lower it more after a couple weeks if you notice no estrogen sides). Keep in mind you want as much estrogen as your body can handle before it becomes a problem because estrogen is actually very anabolic .

If gyno symptoms return while running an AI then add Nolva to mitigate that side effect instead of knocking down all of your estrogen.

The best thing to do is get blood work done so you know exactly what your levels are and this way you can adjust AI dosage accordingly and IMO if you're still experiencing gyno symptoms while on an AI then it's better to add Nolva then to increase the AI too much and crash estrogen levels... Over time you will find your sweet spot dosages and the best tool for this blood work.

Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    0.5 eod or e3d would have been fine. 1. Is a bit much

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMindz View Post
    Anastrozole is the drug name. Arimidex is the trade name. Same chemical but IME pills are typically better quality (but not always).

Sounds like you did crash your estrogen. Drop the Adex to .5mg e3d and that should be plenty to keep 500mg test/ week from aromatizing too much..(There is no magic formula as it varies for everyone but this is a good starting point...you may even want to lower it more after a couple weeks if you notice no estrogen sides). Keep in mind you want as much estrogen as your body can handle before it becomes a problem because estrogen is actually very anabolic .

If gyno symptoms return while running an AI then add Nolva to mitigate that side effect instead of knocking down all of your estrogen.

The best thing to do is get blood work done so you know exactly what your levels are and this way you can adjust AI dosage accordingly and IMO if you're still experiencing gyno symptoms while on an AI then it's better to add Nolva then to increase the AI too much and crash estrogen levels... Over time you will find your sweet spot dosages and the best tool for this blood work.
    Why is estrogen anabolic and in what levels? Supraphysiological?
    70rs likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Hi all,
    Everybody gets sensitive nips on cycle, thats not a sign of gyno.

You should have started AI from the start. Have no idea what is 1ml of arimidex, anastrozole is measured in mg, you should use 0.25mg EOD.

If you get lump, or painful behind nips, start tamoxifen . 10mg EOD should be enough to control it, if in beginning.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Ewww

I only use Exemastane, you can d f get away with it on minimal cycles

I'd d disappointed too if I had to come off - lol

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMindz View Post

I agree with you Alpha that he really needs to get bw done to see how bad he crashed. But i gotta disagree on continued usage of any adex right now. He only has 4 wks left of his cycle. At 500mg a wk, he will be lucky if his levels get even back in the realm of normal before cycle is over. Continued usage of adex would be treating estrogen that doesnt exist, and cause further complications and cause it to take much longer to get back to an acceptable level

And not sure what you mean by estrogen being anabolic- how so?

Cbus1234 is offline New Member
    Taking mixed test. 1ml= 200mg test p & 300mg of test c. I take 2 ml at a time. I have done dosage close to this but it’s been test c. I get pretty significant swelling but it doesn’t show up till 2 days later. Also body is extremely hot. Is this due to the 400mg of test p or do I have bad batch? This is a self made home brew injected into thighs. Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by Cbus1234 View Post
    Taking mixed test. 1ml= 200mg test p & 300mg of test c. I take 2 ml at a time. I have done dosage close to this but it’s been test c. I get pretty significant swelling but it doesn’t show up till 2 days later. Also body is extremely hot. Is this due to the 400mg of test p or do I have bad batch? This is a self made home brew injected into thighs. Any thoughts or similar experiences?
    I would start a fresh thread to address your question

Thanks for you help fellas, I am keen to have bloods done, cost etc not a problem, just don't know where to go to get them done?

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for you help fellas, I am keen to have bloods done, cost etc not a problem, just don't know where to go to get them done?
    I'm no help on this one out of the US

UK right?

Nogbad the bad is offline Associate Member
    Depends on what type of tests you want done.Blood tests are free on the NHS,but this does not include a hormone panel.
    There are plenty of private organisations/clinics online,who test blood for anything you like,but depending on what your
    looking for,the prices can run into hundreds of pounds.

Having ballsed up my first cycle, I am undecided whether to finish it early, shortening the time between pct and starting my second or extending this one in the hope of gaining something from it! what do you think

Thread Information