Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Height and E2

Vinnie214 is offline Associate Member

Height and E2

I'm 18 and 5'8, 99% sure I am a late bloomer since I started puberty at about 13-14 when everyone else in my school started at like 10-11. I also don't have a beard, and only just started growing facial hair about last year, so I'm pretty sure I'm still gonna grow taller till about 21.

My question is, testosterone obviously converts to estrogen, and research suggests that high estrogen levels can fuse your plates early. Am I stunting my growth, EVEN if I am controlling the E2 levels with arimidex ? Thanks in advance. (Also read that test can promote growth in the sense that it boosts natural IGF-1 production, but I doubt that will make any difference).

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie214 View Post
    I'm 18 and 5'8, 99% sure I am a late bloomer since I started puberty at about 13-14 when everyone else in my school started at like 10-11. I also don't have a beard, and only just started growing facial hair about last year, so I'm pretty sure I'm still gonna grow taller till about 21.

My question is, testosterone obviously converts to estrogen, and research suggests that high estrogen levels can fuse your plates early. Am I stunting my growth, EVEN if I am controlling the E2 levels with arimidex? Thanks in advance. (Also read that test can promote growth in the sense that it boosts natural IGF-1 production, but I doubt that will make any difference).
    yes steroids are going to stunt growth if your growth played aren't fused

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Because the question was well thought out and researched, I'm interested in an answer which addresses it on a deeper than surface level. I will research and hope that other members chime in.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    If you are taking testosterone (big mistake at your age) you will not grow anymore. AI will not help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    If you are taking testosterone (big mistake at your age) you will not grow anymore. AI will not help you.
    you 2 are a little vague. As quester said, it's quite a complex thing, what is it abut testosterone that actually stunts growth then, if you could care to explain? If estrogen is being controlled, I honestly don't see how plates could be fused any earlier than they are supposed to, idk, something i've been thinking about for a while.

At the end of the day, I'm lucky to even be 5'8, since my mum is 5'5 and dad is 5'6, I'm grateful.

its very simple.

steroids will fuse growth plates prematurely. its literally black and white.

if your plates are not fused, they will be with introduction of aas.

Quote Originally Posted by m.hornbuckle View Post
    its very simple.

steroids will fuse growth plates prematurely. its literally black and white.

if your plates are not fused, they will be with introduction of aas.
    But it's the estrogen conversion that fuses the plates, not the AAS itself. Look at the bigger picture, I don't think there is a solid evidence to this tbh a lot of mixed opinions on other forums too.

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Arnold did steroids as a teenager and he kept growing. I know lots of kids when i was in highschool who messed around with orals and kept growing.

But here i am. Never touched a drug growing up and my mom cooked me nutritious meals my whole life and im 5.5. Everybody is different bro. You might get another few inches or you might fuck yourself. Or maybe your already done growing. We dont know

But is it really worth the chance? Your fuckin 18. You will grow faster right now naturally than older guys will even while they are on gas. Not worth the chance regardless of any “studies”
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    Arnold did steroids as a teenager and he kept growing. I know lots of kids when i was in highschool who messed around with orals and kept growing.

But here i am. Never touched a drug growing up and my mom cooked me nutritious meals my whole life and im 5.5. Everybody is different bro. You might get another few inches or you might fuck yourself. Or maybe your already done growing. We dont know

But is it really worth the chance? Your fuckin 18. You will grow faster right now naturally than older guys will even while they are on gas. Not worth the chance regardless of any “studies”
    this is what we all told him. but he's into a second cycle and with deca in,the mix.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Arnold did steroids as a teenager and he kept growing.
    This is wrong. He was already 6.1'' at 15 years old.

Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    this is what we all told him. but he's into a second cycle and with deca in,the mix.
    Wait , two cycles in and he’s 18 and he’s asking questions about his height being stunted?!?
    It looks like people are giving him advice and he’s not really listening to anyone.

First off , everyone is telling you to NOT mess with AAS at your age. Second... two cycles and nowww you are worried about changes in your body? You shouldn’t be messing with any type of stuff unless you are prepared or 100% aware of what can happen.
    Your body let alone your brain has not fully grown. Best thing to do is eat right and train hard and when you get alittle older and you are more knowledgeable about this stuff to then take the leap.

But it's the estrogen conversion that fuses the plates, not the AAS itself. Look at the bigger picture, I don't think there is a solid evidence to this tbh a lot of mixed opinions on other forums too.
    There really isn’t. Everyone is giving you a pretty basic answer to your questions. You’re 18 so you have that “if I read it or think it, it means I’m right and everyone else is wrong” mentality.
    Listen to the guys on here. They know what they are talking about .

LOL I am not worried at all, I'm fucking happy to be 5'8 when my parents are 5'5 and 5'6, I'm just curious, ffs no one can ask a question on this forum without being judged it's crazy, dunno why I bother.

And the dude that said I'm on deca , If u go back on the deca thread and read, you will see that I've dropped it now begone pls.

I was thinking the same thing, I'm convinced that genetically everyone will respond differently to estrogen and testosterone .

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I dont really give a damn bout the fused plates etc stuff and it doesnt apply to everyone. Sorry but if every bb from arnold to mccarver stunted their growth with AAS then we are all gonna be fucked when someone does it "the right way".

I am looking at you in your pic and your not gonna be the next D Yates.

The reason you don't need steroids is mental age and the fact that your natural levels are probably fine in regards to what you can build with them.

25 is not a good number either. Hormones are famous for making most of a teenagers decisions on a natural level. Turn it up x 10 and shits gonna go bad whether it is admitted or not.
    Chrisp83TRT and hollowedzeus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisp83TRT View Post
    There really isn’t. Everyone is giving you a pretty basic answer to your questions. You’re 18 so you have that “if I read it or think it, it means I’m right and everyone else is wrong” mentality.
    Listen to the guys on here. They know what they are talking about .
    It's not a basic question, so gtfo with your basic answers.

LOL I am not worried at all, I'm fucking happy to be 5'8 when my parents are 5'5 and 5'6, I'm just curious, ffs no one can ask a question on this forum without being judged it's crazy, dunno why I bother.
    And the dude that said I'm on deca, If u go back on the deca thread and read, you will see that I've dropped it now begone pls.
    Dude , you’re 18... people are trying to help and put things into perspective for you. It’s not just about your height, you haven’t even became a young adult and your messing with AAS. Your screwing with your hormonal chemistry. You’re tech. Still a child. Yes , they’re guys on here that have chose this route early on but I don’t feel they were as argumentative as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Obs View Post
    I dont really give a damn bout the fused plates etc stuff and it doesnt apply to everyone. Sorry but if every bb from arnold to mccarver stunted their growth with AAS then we are all gonna be fucked when someone does it "the right way".

I am looking at you in your pic and your not gonna be the next D Yates.

The reason you don't need steroids is mental age and the fact that your natural levels are probably fine in regards to what you can build with them.

25 is not a good number either. Hormones are famous for making most of a teenagers decisions on a natural level. Turn it up x 10 and shits gonna go bad whether it is admitted or not.
    Yeah my natural levels probably WERE fine once upon a time, but being young, you know what it's like, you always want more, and that little voice in your head whispering "what if, what if, what if you did do steroids....."

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well if you're so knowledgeable and confident in what you do, there is no reason for you to ask.

Unlucky for you, you'd have to read and put the effort in learning to understand. AIs will help lower serum estrogen but conversion still occurs in tissues, this is why lowering estrogen without increasing testosterone at all leads to side effects that do not occur when estrogen is low with high testosterone .

Although AAS in general stunt growth and inhibit development. There is not much research in this due to ethical reasons so you trying to talk your way out of it as if you know just makes you look dumb. Focus on maintaining a real diet first and train hard for a couple years so you look the part first and leave the pretending you know aside

Yeah my natural levels probably WERE fine once upon a time, but being young, you know what it's like, you always want more, and that little voice in your head whispering "what if, what if, what if you did do steroids....."
    I know what it is being your age but did not feel what you mentioned.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

Hence why you are here and yet still not listening to people who have been there and done that. Like obs said , you aren’t in the right mental state being that you are still a child. You shouldn’t be messing with anything that messes with your natural hormones.

Hence why you are here and yet still not listening to people who have been there and done that. Like obs said , you aren’t in the right mental state being that you are still a child. You shouldn’t be messing with anything that messes with your natural hormones.
    I know I shouldn't be, but it's the choice I've made, i want to live being huge at 25, not huge at 35. It carries its risks, which I'm fully aware of, and I still decided to do it. If I stop now, I've done damage already and wasted a lot of money, and will lose it all, so why would I stop? I don't intend on stopping until I actaully quit BB which won't be until I'm in a coffin.

I know I shouldn't be, but it's the choice I've made, i want to live being huge at 25, not huge at 35. It carries its risks, which I'm fully aware of, and I still decided to do it. If I stop now, I've done damage already and wasted a lot of money, and will lose it all, so why would I stop? I don't intend on stopping until I actaully quit BB which won't be until I'm in a coffin.
    I’m not one to talk because the way I’m eating is made for babies due to cutting, but judging by your pics man, you gots to up your calories. If you want to get big, you have to eat a ton more.

Obs
    I did them at 21.
    Sat at night in a hotel with a 7mm Rem ultra mag barrel in my mouth, afterwards. It was good times. Turns out I wasn't so good at handling hormone swings. Though there were other contributing factors.

I look at all this stuff differently than most here.

Cycling is literally pointless.
    You touch it once and you eventually will have to cycle again to maintain the gains or grow.

Guys give young dudes the idea that cycling is the way to go whe 90% of the time after 6-7 cycles the user will need trt the rest of their life.

Look at it like a marriage. Once you start you are gonna be doing it the rest of your life to feel normal on a fifty fifty shot.

The htpa is not a resillient as it is made out to be and you cant just unlearn things you know about the dark side.

You get skinny, you hate yourself, and you fire up the aas machine again. It is addictive if anything is.
    Cycling is stupid in my mind.

AAS is for only those that take the lifestyle the utmost serious. If they do take it that serious then why fuck around? Blast and cruise.

I am tired of any guy thinking he can cycle and not wind up on trt sooner rather than later. Its a marriage I don't care what anyine says.

This all is annother reason you are to young.
    You do not have the capacity to see what you will want in the future such as kids or a lack of sticking needles in yourself and the cost of the involved.
    Last edited by Obs; 05-27-2018 at 09:25 AM.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

I was a "2 or 3 cycles with pct and a year off" guy.

was...... now I see ain't no point in pct, im 35, low test. 384ng / dl.

so its high level trt to keep me at 1100ng/dl.

but im 35. single, wish a death wish...
    Obs and UncleCurley like this.

I was a "2 or 3 cycles with pct and a year off" guy.

was...... now I see ain't no point in pct, im 35, low test. 384ng / dl.

so its high level trt to keep me at 1100ng/dl.

but im 35. single, wish a death wish...
    Never did a cycle yet but I plan to in the next coming months , but my test was and has been incredibly low for a while now , so I’m 34 and on TRT for life.

Don’t say it’s a death wish man. You will feel awesome for life now ! The pinning is probably the crap part about this life

I did them at 21.
    Sat at night in a hotel with a 7mm Rem ultra mag barrel in my mouth, afterwards. It was good times. Turns out I wasn't so good at handling hormone swings. Though there were other contributing factors.

I look at all this stuff differently than most here.

Cycling is literally pointless.
    You touch it once and you eventually will have to cycle again to maintain the gains or grow.

Guys give young dudes the idea that cycling is the way to go whe 90% of the time after 6-7 cycles the user will need trt the rest of their life.

Look at it like a marriage. Once you start you are gonna be doing it the rest of your life to feel normal on a fifty fifty shot.

The htpa is not a resillient as it is made out to be and you cant just unlearn things you know about the dark side.

You get skinny, you hate yourself, and you fire up the aas machine again. It is addictive if anything is.
    Cycling is stupid in my mind.

AAS is for only those that take the lifestyle the utmost serious. If they do take it that serious then why fuck around? Blast and cruise.

I am tired of any guy thinking he can cycle and not wind up on trt sooner rather than later. Its a marriage I don't care what anyine says.

This all is annother reason you are to young.
    You do not have the capacity to see what you will want in the future such as kids or a lack of sticking needles in yourself and the cost of the involved.
    Your shit hits me like a truck Obs.

man I know one day my balls will die, that day could be sooner than I think, I'm prepared to go on TRT(not saying I'm happy to). But you said it yourself, roids have actaully ruined my expectations big time, when I was off cycle for about a year it felt so fucking slow, so depressing, half a kilo of mass would take like half a month, which is slow as shit compared to being on-cycle, it's the reason why I can't just "go back to being natural" I've gotten too used to the fast gains, the high sex drive, and feeling like a monster whereever I am. If I quit, I'd be 140lbs again, depressed, and probably quit BB and be a fucking loser, a loser I once never was, I was doing just fine before my stupid mind decided to hop on gear, but it's too late, I must continue.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Your shit hits me like a truck Obs.

man I know one day my balls will die, that day could be sooner than I think, I'm prepared to go on TRT(not saying I'm happy to). But you said it yourself, roids have actaully ruined my expectations big time, when I was off cycle for about a year it felt so fucking slow, so depressing, half a kilo of mass would take like half a month, which is slow as shit compared to being on-cycle, it's the reason why I can't just "go back to being natural" I've gotten too used to the fast gains, the high sex drive, and feeling like a monster whereever I am. If I quit, I'd be 140lbs again, depressed, and probably quit BB and be a fucking loser, a loser I once never was, I was doing just fine before my stupid mind decided to hop on gear, but it's too late, I must continue.
    We all are gonna do what we are gonna do.
    Most of the time a little clomid and hcg can restart spermatogenesis in former aas users.

Next time you are off cycle better hit a power pct and freeze some semen once you get the green light from a fertility doctor.

There is no lifestyle as consuming as this. Every meal, every sip, every movement, is plotted.
    All the fun shit people do with friends you cannot, your partners will get sick of it. You will take time away from family, you will get irritable during hormonal swings, and it will affect your life.

But you cant leave.
    You will bust your ass with weights when you absolutely dont want to. But its worth it to guys like me.

Then one day you will be sitting on the toilet typing all this out to an 18 yo while a squirrel sits on your kitchen counter fucking shit up but you can't stop him because you are shitting for christ sake!

Fuck is that squirrel doing!? He has a soda can and a lighter.... I can hear it.

We all are gonna do what we are gonna do.
    Most of the time a little clomid and hcg can restart spermatogenesis in former aas users.

Next time you are off cycle better hit a power pct and freeze some semen once you get the green light from a fertility doctor.

There is no lifestyle as consuming as this. Every meal, every sip, every movement, is plotted.
    All the fun shit people do with friends you cannot, your partners will get sick of it. You will take time away from family, you will get irritable during hormonal swings, and it will affect your life.

But you cant leave.
    You will bust your ass with weights when you absolutely dont want to. But its worth it to guys like me.

Then one day you will be sitting on the toilet typing all this out to an 18 yo while a squirrel sits on your kitchen counter fucking shit up but you can't stop him because you are shitting for christ sake!

Fuck is that squirrel doing!? He has a soda can and a lighter.... I can hear it.
    It’s the price you pay for feeling and looking good man. In my opinion , of you maintain health I see nothing wrong with this lifestyle
    And fuck that squirrel!
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    It’s
    And fuck that squirrel!
    Attachment 172959

Got him in bed, now what?
    hollowedzeus and geezuschrist like this.

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    This is wrong. He was already 6.1'' at 15 years old.
    Wow really. I stand corrected. I guess adding 70lbs of mass made him look taller lol

Attachment 172959

Got him in bed, now what?
    Hahah give him a hug before he steals your gear

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    When you quit bodybuilding? You mean when you quit the Cheerios, weight gainer shake and burger and fries diet?

Your attitude sucks and if anyone should GTFO it's you.

It's not a basic question, so gtfo with your basic answers.

Stop stealing cash from Mommy's purse while trying to make a cycle off of a single vial now, man up and get a job too.

dcycles is offline Junior Member
    If by wasted "a lot" of money you mean the couple hundred dollars it probably took to run a cycle and a half I got some bad news for you boyo

Quote Originally Posted by cousinmuscles View Post
    When you quit bodybuilding? You mean when you quit the Cheerios, weight gainer shake and burger and fries diet?

Your attitude sucks and if anyone should GTFO it's you.

Stop stealing cash from Mommy's purse while trying to make a cycle off of a single vial now, man up and get a job too.
    alright mate please F off you have no clue about my life and my situation and you wanna sit there on your keyboard and judge an 18 year old on an online forum, feelsbad.

every time i make a thread with a question someone always finds a way to make it personal. Seriously go fuck yourselves.

Never did a cycle yet but I plan to in the next coming months , but my test was and has been incredibly low for a while now , so I’m 34 and on TRT for life.

Don’t say it’s a death wish man. You will feel awesome for life now ! The pinning is probably the crap part about this life
    I mean I have a death wish. juice is least of my concern

Quote Originally Posted by dcycles View Post
    If by wasted "a lot" of money you mean the couple hundred dollars it probably took to run a cycle and a half I got some bad news for you boyo
    money doesn't grow on fucking trees, and it was more like 400, if that isn't alot for you then good for you! not everyone is fucking rich like you mate! be considerate for other's financial situations and people judgemental pricks, im very close to leaving this forum, very toxic community and unwelcoming to younger members.

I'm not discussing anything unrelated to the original post.

alright mate please F off you have no clue about my life and my situation and you wanna sit there on your keyboard and judge an 18 year old on an online forum, feelsbad.

every time i make a thread with a question someone always finds a way to make it personal. Seriously go fuck yourselves.
    guys who do this spend 1k on,just chicken alone in a month.

you said earlier "the year you were of cycle sucked"

do that means, your 18. lets call theclsdt year off cycle. so you started around 16-16.5 years old?

you shut yourself down during peak puberty and wonder why you took "months to gain half a kilo"

I can almost guarantee you're going to be clinically depressed by 22 years old and on a lions share of anti-psychotic meds.

god speed to you.
    wellshii likes this.

guys who do this spend 1k on,just chicken alone in a month.

you said earlier "the year you were of cycle sucked"

do that means, your 18. lets call theclsdt year off cycle. so you started around 16-16.5 years old?

you shut yourself down during peak puberty and wonder why you took "months to gain half a kilo"

I can almost guarantee you're going to be clinically depressed by 22 years old and on a lions share of anti-psychotic meds.

god speed to you.
    Off-Topic.

Off-Topic.
    It really isn’t.
    Everyone is basically telling you what you DONT want to hear, and for that... you are going to say it’s personal?
    No it’s simply people being honest with tons of knowledge and experience in this field and you are doing nothing but insulting me and everyone else that has useful information.
    It’s why people are clearly stating why someone your age should NOT be doing something that effects your hormones. You are already all over the place hormonally and honestly don’t know how to take something you don’t want to hear because you are not in the mental capacity to take in information that you don’t agree with. You are 18 years old. Therefore you will be very immature With your decisions. You can’t even appreciate all this good intake from guys doing this for 5-20 years. No, instead you take everything people say as an insult and get all mad.
    This wouldn’t have turned into a childish argument if you had just taken in good advice from people trying to steer you in the right direction.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information