Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cousinmuscles

Thread: HCG while on PCT?

M3g
    M3g is offline New Member

Question HCG while on PCT?

Hello there, so here is my situation. I started my 12 week cycle using test E 500mg/wk and 0.25mg aramdix EOD and at the 9th week i switched to Test prop (to start my pct faster and also cheaper lol).

I'm from saudi arabia and here you can just buy your hcg off the counter from the pharmacy, but the problem is there is no bacteriostatic water, there's only the solvent that comes with it and it's only good for 24 hours so i couldn't use it while on cycle so i saved it for my PCT and in the package there are 3 vials with 15000 IU for each so i was wondering what dose should i take when on PCT i heard about this Power PCT where you take 10000 IU the first 2 weeks of the pct and 15000 at the third week is it good? If not what dose do you recommend?

PCT plan Clomid 75/50/50/50 Nolva 40/20/20/20 sounds good?

I'll appreciate your input.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Power PCT is a bit different from the PCT in the stickies.

The thing is HCG is suppressive, meaning, it will shut your natural testosterone production.

Here is a short write up on dr Scallys Power PCT:
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    Welcome to the forum! I think before you do anything you should wait another 3-4 weeks and have a hormone panel assay. The PCT you ran might have reset your HPTA, but only time will tell.

If your blood work comes back and your hormone levels are poor then I think Scally's PCT program would be worth a try. You don't have many options other than TRT which is a lifelong commitment.

IMO the HCG aspect of Scally's PCT is only worth implementing if one is going to have blood work after the first 15 days, and would also like to test for functionality of the testicals. This first 15 day period is what Scally refers to as a "dynamic challenge." The hCG challenge aspect of his regimine is meant to test if one is suffering from primary hypogonadism.

Below is a synopsis of Scally's program.

Part I

The first half begins with administering an hCG challenge test consisting of 1,000-2,500 IU every other day for 15 days. At the of the 15 day period one should have a full hormone. A failed test for sufficient leydig cell functionality is when total test levels reside in the low 20% of the adult male reference range, which is about 400 ng/dl. If one is unable to attain normal levels through the hCG challenge then they are likely suffering from primary hypogonadism. This means that if SERM treatment in Part II is successful then natural test levels will likely be less than desirable.

Part II

The second half of the protocol uses nolva and clomid in order to stimulate the hypothalamus to produce gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH) and the pituitary to release luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). LH will then signal the leydig cells to begin test production and FSH communicate with the sertoli cells to begin spermatogenesis.

SERM treatment should begin with clomid dosed at 50 mg twice a day for 30 days, and nolva dosed at 20 mg/day for 45 days. Then 6-8 weeks after succession of PCT, labs should be drawn which include a full hormone panel in order to assess the extent of HPTA restoration.
    Notice that in this protocol you do a hormone panel test after using HCG for two weeks to see if your testicles are functional. And then again another hormone panel 6-8 weeks after finishing the PCT to see if your brain (hypothalamus-pituitary) function is restored. So the HCG is used to test if your testicles are still working.

The cycle and PCT protocol in the stickies has another way of doing this, use HCG during cycle so your testicles don't shrink and you can go in PCT with functioning testicles...

It won't be as good as having run HCG during cycle, but if you use them, use them up before you start clomid and nolvadex . But 15000 iu is a lot to use at once, too much I think. Too much HCG can lead to desensitization. The Power PCT is just 1000-2000 iu HCG every other day. I wouldn't go much higher than that.

Can't you find bac water and a sterile empty vial?
    Mr.BB likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Dont take HCG during PCT as Cousin says above.

About bac water, you an buy BA (benzyl alcohol) and add 1% to the injection water. This will turn your injection water into bacteriostatic water.

If you have a good pharmacist he can get it for you (no matter where you live).

M3g
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinmuscles View Post
    Power PCT is a bit different from the PCT in the stickies.

The thing is HCG is suppressive, meaning, it will shut your natural testosterone production.

Here is a short write up on dr Scallys Power PCT:

Notice that in this protocol you do a hormone panel test after using HCG for two weeks to see if your testicles are functional. And then again another hormone panel 6-8 weeks after finishing the PCT to see if your brain (hypothalamus-pituitary) function is restored. So the HCG is used to test if your testicles are still working.

The cycle and PCT protocol in the stickies has another way of doing this, use HCG during cycle so your testicles don't shrink and you can go in PCT with functioning testicles...

It won't be as good as having run HCG during cycle, but if you use them, use them up before you start clomid and nolvadex . But 15000 iu is a lot to use at once, too much I think. Too much HCG can lead to desensitization. The Power PCT is just 1000-2000 iu HCG every other day. I wouldn't go much higher than that.

Can't you find bac water and a sterile empty vial?
    Would you think I would be better off just with the regular pct without the HCG? Because I really couldn't find any bac water and I only have these 3 vials wich can be used only once.

M3g
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Dont take HCG during PCT as Cousin says above.

About bac water, you an buy BA (benzyl alcohol) and add 1% to the injection water. This will turn your injection water into bacteriostatic water.

If you have a good pharmacist he can get it for you (no matter where you live).
    My sister is a pharmacist and works in a governmental hospital which has literally everything so she brought me everything but there's no bac water what so ever not even benzyl alcohol but there's another preservative that's called Phenol which me and her reed a lot about and we couldn't find what dose would be fine so she just suggested that i won't put a thing in my body that I'm not sure about and i followed. should i just follow a regular PCT?

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you don't mind using up the HCG , use them before PCT but don't take all 15000 iu at once. You'll spoil a lot but it should be a little better than no HCG.

Quote Originally Posted by M3g View Post
    Would you think I would be better off just with the regular pct without the HCG? Because I really couldn't find any bac water and I only have these 3 vials wich can be used only once.
    Yes, you can run your PCT without HCG . It's too late to take the HCG so don't worry about it.

M3g
    Thank you guys really appreciate the response. I think i'll just start the PCT without the hcg .

Thread Information