Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JohnnnyBlazzze

Thread: Question about esters

T-boner is offline Associate Member

Question about esters

So, just had a conversation with some friends and none of us are clear on this. I understand when running a longer ester the test will build up for several weeks because of the half-life. I’ve looked at half life charts and I understand how it builds and then levels out once you get to the point that the old is dropping off at the same rate as the new is coming in.
    My question is, should I run a higher dosage when running a short ester since it’s metabolizing out of my system much faster and won’t build up like a long ester?
    I seem to have less estrogen when I run test prop versus test E at the same dosage. Is that because there’s actually less test in my system due to it not building up?
    I know that the ester is attached to the test so it will metabolize at a slower rate but I really don’t know exactly what an ester is. What is attached and is it something that can effect me adversely in any way. When the test is gone is the ester still lingering and causing my immune system to sort it out? Around week 6 or 7 I usually start to feel a sort of toxic feeling when on test E but I don’t feel that with prop. I know this may be way off but I just have never had it explained fully other than to say the ester sets the half-life for the gear.
    Bottom line, is it better to just run prop and if so should it be a higher dosage because of the lack of build up? Any insight into what an ester is would be appreciated too.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    An ester is a fatty acid attatched to the testosterone . The esters are not harmful. In short if you injected pure testosterone it would get released within hours. The ester takes time to break down depending on its size, enanthate weighs more than propionate and takes longer, this is why test enanthate is 70% testosterone by weight while test propionate is 80% testosterone by weight.

No need for a higher dose with short esters it is the same. The feeling you describe isn't normal most people feel great when it kicks in. Do you use an AI?

T-boner is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the response. That makes sense now why there’s no need to up the dose of prop even though it’s not building in your system like Enanthate . Prop is already delivering more actual test with each pin.
    Yeah I use arimidex .
    .25mg every 3rd day seems to be about right for me. Also using caber at .25mg twice per week while running Tren . Not sure if caber is needed. I didn’t use it last time I ran Tren and I didn’t have any problems. However using caber has ticked up my sex drive a little but it was fine before.
    I noticed that on the steroids .com main website there are suggested cycles for beginners, intermediate, and expert. Most, if not all, of the suggested cycles for experts are using test prop while the others suggest test E or Cyp. Is there a reason for that? I understand ending a cycle with prop so you can begin pct sooner but why use prop the entire cycle unless there’s a benefit I’m missing. Definitely not saving any money doing that.
    Last edited by T-boner; 06-02-2018 at 08:08 PM.

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-boner View Post
    Thanks for the response. That makes sense now why there’s no need to up the dose of prop even though it’s not building in your system like Enanthate . Prop is already delivering more actual test with each pin.
    Yeah I use arimidex .
    .25mg every 3rd day seems to be about right for me. Also using caber at .25mg twice per week while running Tren . Not sure if caber is needed. I didn’t use it last time I ran Tren and I didn’t have any problems. However using caber has ticked up my sex drive a little but it was fine before.
    I noticed that on the steroids.com main website there are suggested cycles for beginners, intermediate, and expert. Most, if not all, of the suggested cycles for experts are using test prop while the others suggest test E or Cyp. Is there a reason for that? I understand ending a cycle with prop so you can begin pct sooner but why use prop the entire cycle unless there’s a benefit I’m missing. Definitely not saving any money doing that.
    I think it's just a personal preference. I can see how some guys that blast and cruise or guys that are on TRT or on year around would prefer a longer ester. Less injections, dosing smaller amounts per week then a regular cycle, stuff like that.

I've blasted and cruised over the years and it would be hard as fuck to do on prop haha, I'de have to inject like .2 prop ED to be in cruise dosages haha just not worth pinning myself so often for such small amounts you know..

Now tho if I blast or have a planned out 8-10week cycle I'll use prop. I don't mind injecting everyday on prop during a cycle and I would rather have my test short estered and feeling that shit right away especially during a cycle.

Everybody's different in what they like to use or what there goals are. Hell there's even sustanon which is a cocktail of esters hahah
    cousinmuscles likes this.

Thread Information