Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By simm

Thread: Hypothyroidism and gear???

simm is offline Senior Member

Hypothyroidism and gear???

Hi guys.

Been a while.
    Anyway my question is this.i had an MRI scan done few MTHS ago and my pituitary tumor is still only 3mm and not grown in 10yrs.
    I have no energy. Stressed constantly. Shit sleep. Losing any muscle I had. No libido at all.
    My hypothyroidism is under control with levothyroxine.
    Would taking 200mg test cypionate weekly affect my thyroid? Lifetime personal trt injects.
    I'm also looking at winny and var.
    Has anybody here got hypothyroidism and cycle?
    Any information appreciated

Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well before you go ahead and use winny and var, you should probably focus on if your test is even legit. If you are feeling that much like crap and all your results come back normal for everything else, it may be your test not being legit.

Sorry I didn't post correctly.
    I haven't started the testosterone yet. I think I'm feeling like this as my thyroid levels have dropped so I'm now on a higher dosage. So ready for a cycle.
    I'd like to build some muscle and have bounds of energy for training. I train MMA for 18yrs.
    I'm age 40
    6'4
    260lbs.
    Don't want to gas in fights so need to do hills and sparring alot. Would cypionate be ok doing this sort of training? Thanks

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by simm View Post
    Hi guys.

Been a while.
    Anyway my question is this.i had an MRI scan done few MTHS ago and my pituitary tumor is still only 3mm and not grown in 10yrs.
    I have no energy. Stressed constantly. Shit sleep. Losing any muscle I had. No libido at all.
    Would taking 200mg test cypionate weekly affect my thyroid? Lifetime personal trt injects.
    Have you run bloods for prolactin and Test levels?

I got many things including hypothyrodism, I'd say it's fine if you start TRT if your thyroid is borderline low, Test can affect some aspects of thyroid function but nothing to be worried about, f.ex it might improve T4->T3 conversion, but of optimal health and functioning, thyroids needs to be fixed 100%.

Orals are a special case and might throw you off a bit, but the system will find its way into homeostasis anyway.

Thanks bro. I really appreciate your reply. I was reading about the T4 to T3 conversion earlier. I'll be starting tomorrow

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I take 300mcg of levothyroxine daily for my thyroid. I have cycled and had blood work it does lower my thyroid levels a small amount while on cycle.

Thanks guys. I'm only taking 175mcg daily but as mentioned by bizzarro orals are my worry yet I'd love to try var..

I run 100mcg/ed of T4 along with my HGH injections. I run my cycle and everything seems to be working fine.

Lee_1978 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    I take 300mcg of levothyroxine daily for my thyroid. I have cycled and had blood work it does lower my thyroid levels a small amount while on cycle.
    Wow, that's a high dose of thyroxine.

Hi guys.

Been a while.
    I have Hashimoto's, which is an auto immune condition that affects my thyroid gland, and as a result of that, I suffer from symptoms associated with hypothyroidism. Medication wise, I'm on 75mcg of Levothyroxine ED. I started cycling a few months after my diagnosis and I haven't notice any significant issues relating to AAS and my thyroid. I did run T3 in my last cycle at 25mcg ED, and found my general health to be marginally better than running T4 alone.

What gear have you cycled whilst having hashimotos?
    That is the real question I have as gear live anavar is supposed to suppress thyroid levels.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_1978 View Post
    Wow, that's a high dose of thyroxine.
    That's what every nurse says then they ask me if I am sure on the dosage. The doctor told me that my body does not metabolize it as most people do. I told him that is because I am savage as fuck!

What gear have you cycled whilst having hashimotos?
    That is the real question I have as gear live anavar is supposed to suppress thyroid levels.
    I've cycled the following:

Test
    Dbol
    EQ
    Var

I will definitely run Var again - I loved the feeling of solidity it gave to my muscles. As far as thyroid suppression, I'm wasn't aware that var had any adverse effects on it? As stated earlier, I've run T3 with good results and my subsequent thyroid profiles since cycling haven't shown any indication of worsening thyroid output.

If you decide to start cycling, just be sure to have regular bloods done to monitor your thyroid hormones.

Thanks Lee.
    Lee_1978 likes this.

Thanks Lee.
    No worries; let us know how you get on.

Thread Information