geezuschrist is offline Associate Member

Does only estradiol compete with receptors?

Recently I tested 39 scale is <39
    Unfortunately it wasn't the sensitive test
    Also 343 total estrogens with a max of 190

I know the focus of this forum is normally estradiol but my question is do all estrogens compete with the same receptor as testosterone or only estradiol? I don't feel right so it makes me think I still have high estrogen considering my total estrogen is almost double what the max is

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you have high estrogen, the bad feeling is because of the high estrogen. The estrogen doesn't block the testosterone from playing its role, then you'd be feeling the effects of low testosterone .
    So, if your feeling the effects of high estrogen (low feels much the same), do something about the estrogen and then get checked in a few weeks with a lab test that targets sensitive E2 assay. That way you save money getting tested twice, you don't need to run out and get tested with the assay if you know your estrogen is to high.
    As I interpreted your question, I think this is the direct answer. I hope it helps.

geezuschrist is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    If you have high estrogen, the bad feeling is because of the high estrogen. The estrogen doesn't block the testosterone from playing its role, then you'd be feeling the effects of low testosterone .
    So, if your feeling the effects of high estrogen (low feels much the same), do something about the estrogen and then get checked in a few weeks with a lab test that targets sensitive E2 assay. That way you save money getting tested twice, you don't need to run out and get tested with the assay if you know your estrogen is to high.
    As I interpreted your question, I think this is the direct answer. I hope it helps.
    It does help yes and no. I will get the sensitive test done tomorrow. But more so my question is about estradiol and total estrogen. If my estradiol is 39, non sensitive test, and my total estrogen is 340 can the total estrogen make me fee bad? I mean something isn't right here I don't feel right but I know everyone on this forum is all about e2 but do the rest of the estrogens e1 and e3 also contribute to symptoms of high estrogen ?

Kyle1337 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geezuschrist View Post
    It does help yes and no. I will get the sensitive test done tomorrow. But more so my question is about estradiol and total estrogen. If my estradiol is 39, non sensitive test, and my total estrogen is 340 can the total estrogen make me fee bad? I mean something isn't right here I don't feel right but I know everyone on this forum is all about e2 but do the rest of the estrogens e1 and e3 also contribute to symptoms of high estrogen ?

Unless you took the estradiol E2 sensitive test, you're estrogen levels will not be accurate. You must get E2 to get a better understanding. E2 is the most potent of the estrogen and plays a more serious factor on your health and feelings. Get on an AI immediately and get yourself checked again within a couple weeks.

You do not need to do E2 test right now... Get that estrogen E2 under control by taking an AI... THEN go get bloods for it and see where you're at.

Thread Information