Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By PeanutbutterDC
  • 1 Post By Last_Ride
  • 1 Post By hollowedzeus
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: Any advice to minimize the side effects of Clen?

Last_Ride is offline New Member

Any advice to minimize the side effects of Clen?

I am a novice who has cycled Anavar and T3 before with negligible side effects. I keep reading about Clen and its solid fat burning capability. The bodybuilders in my gym also swear by it. But I have also read of the sides inevitable with clen like muscle cramps, 'clen shakes', insomnia (I am guessing this can be avoided by taking my last dose atleast 7hrs before sleep), heart palpitations etc.

Any advice on taking clen safely, without the sides (didn't really have to worry about side effects with anavar or t3)? Read somewhere that Potassium, Calcium, Taurine and Electrolytes help a lot. Is that true?

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Last_Ride View Post
    I am a novice who has cycled Anavar and T3 before with negligible side effects. I keep reading about Clen and its solid fat burning capability. The bodybuilders in my gym also swear by it. But I have also read of the sides inevitable with clen like muscle cramps, 'clen shakes', insomnia (I am guessing this can be avoided by taking my last dose atleast 7hrs before sleep), heart palpitations etc.

Any advice on taking clen safely, without the sides (didn't really have to worry about side effects with anavar or t3)? Read somewhere that Potassium, Calcium, Taurine and Electrolytes help a lot. Is that true?
    I've been cycling clen on and off for two months and just yesterday got my first side effect: muscle cramps. Starting on potassium and Taurine tomorrow. I'll let you know if it helps.
    Check out the clen profile for dosing protocols

If you've taken eca stack and tolerated it, you'll probably be okay on clen. If you haven't tried eca, maybe try that first. I prefer clen over ephedrine, but a lot of guys on here feel eca or just ec stack is a better choice than clen.

Also keep in mind no fat burner is magic. If you already have a great diet, clen or eca can help boost your results a little.

Best wishes
    Last_Ride likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutbutterDC View Post
    I've been cycling clen on and off for two months and just yesterday got my first side effect: muscle cramps. Starting on potassium and Taurine tomorrow. I'll let you know if it helps.

If you've taken eca stack and tolerated it, you'll probably be okay on clen. If you haven't tried eca, maybe try that first. I prefer clen over ephedrine, but a lot of guys on here feel eca or just ec stack is a better choice than clen.

Also keep in mind no fat burner is magic. If you already have a great diet, clen or eca can help boost your results a little.

Best wishes
    Thanks for replying. What is the dosage u are on? (The conventional 40mcg to 120mcg in 14days followed by 2wks off?)

So u have faced no serious sides till now? Any way to avoid the dreaded 'clen shakes'?
    PeanutbutterDC likes this.

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    I found less side effects doing 2 days on 2 days off. My heart cant really seem to take the strain though so i dont think its for me.

Stay on a dose until the shakes and headaches subside then up your dose i think is the best way forward
    Last_Ride likes this.

RoxRunner is offline Associate Member
    I cycled 2 weeks on, 2 off. Anything over 80mcg gave me the shakes terrible.. I never made it to 120mcg because of them. Never had any cramps. Insomnia was sometimes an issue and I does first thing in the morning. Bottom line, I liked clen but the shakes I can only take for so long.

RoxRunner is offline Associate Member
    I cycled 2 weeks on, 2 off. Anything over 80mcg gave me the shakes terrible.. I never made it to 120mcg because of them. Never had any cramps. Insomnia was sometimes an issue and I does first thing in the morning. Bottom line, I liked clen but the shakes I can only take for so long.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member

The best thing I ever did to lower sides is come off. I hate clen though. I don't see a reason that I should allow my pounding heart beating the mattress to keep my wife up all night. And yes, that really happened, twice.

PeanutbutterDC is offline Female Member
    Thanks for replying. What is the dosage u are on? (The conventional 40mcg to 120mcg in 14days followed by 2wks off?)

So u have faced no serious sides till now? Any way to avoid the dreaded 'clen shakes'?
    I start with 40mcg once a day and work up to 3x/day. I dont get shakes or heart palpitations. Guess I'm lucky

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Taurine 5g a day split am pm

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutbutterDC View Post

Best wishes
    You're a stud to complete a 2 month clen cycle.

The best way I found to lower clen sides is to lower the dose. Instead of ramping to 120mcg/ed oe 140mcg/ed (this dose absolutely kicked my rear), I go to 60mcg/ed and no more. I run Keto in the evening, helps with the sleep, to reset the receptors. I don't come off after 2 weeks. I stay on until I reach my fat level goal. I do fasted cardio in the AM everyday and lift in the afternoon. With clen more is faster fat loss. If you lower the dose you lower the sided but you also slow down the fat loss. You'll get there, it just takes a little longer.
    Last_Ride likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    The best way I found to lower clen sides is to lower the dose. Instead of ramping to 120mcg/ed oe 140mcg/ed (this dose absolutely kicked my rear), I go to 60mcg/ed and no more. I run Keto in the evening, helps with the sleep, to reset the receptors. I don't come off after 2 weeks. I stay on until I reach my fat level goal. I do fasted cardio in the AM everyday and lift in the afternoon. With clen more is faster fat loss. If you lower the dose you lower the sided but you also slow down the fat loss. You'll get there, it just takes a little longer.
    So u stay on a safe maintenance dosage for a considerable period of time (i.e. 6 to 8 weeks) without any break? Doesn't the body get used to that constant dosage of clen (like steroid.com says in its product description case)

One last question, and thank god u brought this up urself, what is the optimal dosage of ketotifen while on cycle? There is no solid info on this. After searching thoroughly, I found 1 "Knowledgeable Member" of steroid .com recommending 6mg every night in someone's post 2yrs back...
    Last edited by Last_Ride; 06-27-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Thread Information