Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Hemo-goblins explained. Help

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    That is rather contrary to what I've been told by my PCP, cardiologist, and the oncologist that was handling my care. A high percentage of RBC is a high percentage regardless of size or maturity.
    Not looking to argue, just sharing what I was told.
    No problems brother,
    It's problematic that these words are used as names of tests/proteins, it can make it unclear as to what someone is referring. In this case, I'm describing the tests. And, I'm not addressing a relationship between size/maturity and percentage. I'm saying that the two tests -globin and -crit are for the same goal but are appropriate for different populations.
    I think i see how I was unclear. In the quote, by "is fine," I meant that hematocrit (vs using the hemoglobin test) is the right test in the described conditions.
    almostgone likes this.

edit: I didn't realize the above response had posted
    Last edited by Quester; 06-30-2018 at 02:20 PM. Reason: double post

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    No problems brother,
    It's problematic that these words are used as names of tests/proteins, it can make it unclear as to what someone is referring. In this case, I'm describing the tests. And, I'm not addressing a relationship between size/maturity and percentage. I'm saying that the two tests -globin and -crit are for the same goal but are appropriate for different populations.
    I think i see how I was unclear. In the quote, by "is fine," I meant that hematocrit (vs using the hemoglobin test) is the right test in the described conditions.

Excellent! I love it when you can discuss with people without them taking it as a personal attack.
    Quester and Chrisp83TRT like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Excellent! I love it when you can discuss with people without them taking it as a personal attack.
    It seems to be a lot easier when both parties are of similar body weight, age and have a little base in their voice. LOL
    Chrisp83TRT and almostgone like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information