• 2 Post By ScotchGuard02
  • 1 Post By Viktoriia
  • 1 Post By Viktoriia
  • 3 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Viktoriia

Thread: Halo- 3 weeks out

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Halo- 3 weeks out

I’m a wannabe bodybuilder. 51, 6’ and 95 kg.
    I am 3 weeks out from a competition and I am running tren - 700, mast-700
    T3-100, just upped the Winnie from 50-100, I dropped anavar and I am going to add Halo 20 for the first week and a half and 30 for the last week and a half. I have never used Halo before.
    Any recommendations?
    How much TUDCA and NAC should Use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    killionb12 likes this.

You look good Charger, you're going to kick some butt on stage.

3 weeks out
    1. Cut out all salt from your diet. Well, as much salt as possible. You should be taking in less than 1500mg/ed of salt.
    2. Do fasted cardio in the morning and lifting in the afternoon.
    3. No fruits
    4. No sugars
    5. No bread type of carbs. Eat a ton of green leafy veggies.
    6. Stay with halo at 20mg/ed for 3 weeks. Halo could have nasty sides so be aware.
    7. If you get on with halo at 20mg/ed, I would just stay with winny at 50mg/ed.
    8. Stay with Tren700 and Mast700.
    9. If have a natural cholesterol problem it'll be out of proportion by taking halo. I would run TUDCA at 500mg/ed to 750mg/ed.
    10. For NAC, run 3g/ed

One week out - water cycle
    1. Sunday - take a diuretick 3x a day and drink 2 gallons of water. Salt intake should be closer to 3000mg/ed instead of 1500mg/ed.
    2. Monday - take a diuretick 3x a day and drink 2 gallons of water. Salt intake should be closer to 3000mg/ed instead of 1500mg/ed.
    3. Tuesday - take a diuretick 3x a day and drink 2 gallons of water. Salt intake should be closer to 3000mg/ed instead of 1500mg/ed.
    4. Wednesday - take a diuretick 3x a day and drink 3 gallons of water. Salt intake should be closer to 3000mg/ed instead of 1500mg/ed. Eat no carbs
    5. Thursday - take a diuretick 3x a day and drink 1.5 gallons of water before noon. From noon to bedtime sip water. Total of 20oz max. Salt intake should be 1500mg/ed. Eat no carbs
    6. Friday - take a diuretick 3x a day and drink 20 oz of water throughout the day. Salt intake should be 1500mg/ed. Carb load with sweet potatoes (Some guys take 1 day to carb "plump" others take 2 days. You need to experiment and know your own body)
    7. Saturday (show day)- stop taking diuretic and sip water throughout the day as needed.

Day of the show
    1. Eat a moderate breakfast - I like salmon and salad.
    2. 30 minutes before you stand on stage eat a sugary candy bar or a sugary doughnut and pump up. Pump up your hamstring, a lot of guys miss that on stage.
    3. Eat a small meal for lunch, between the morning pre-judging and the evening finals. You can get bloated if you eat too much for lunch. I like salmon and salad for lunch.
    4. Munch on rice crispy snacks if you get hungry during the show.

After the show
    1. Eat 1 cheat meal after the show. Don't go crazy coming off your diet.
    2. If you reverse diet out after your show, you'll get even bigger and stronger than when you were in the show.
    3. A massive diet full of carbs and fat may be delicious but it will throw off your hormones and may put you into depression.

Good luck. Remember to have fun.
    Last edited by ScotchGuard02; 07-08-2018 at 12:26 PM.
    cousinmuscles and Keyser_S0ze like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post

3 weeks out
    1. Cut out all salt from your diet. Well, as much salt as possible. You should be taking in less than 1500mg/ed of salt.
    3. No fruits
    4. No sugars
    6. Stay with halo at 20mg/ed for 3 weeks. Halo could have nasty sides so be aware.
    9. If have a natural cholesterol problem it'll be out of proportion by taking halo. I would run TUDCA at 500mg/ed to 750mg/ed.
    10. For NAC, run 3g/ed

1. Sunday - take a diuretick 3x a day and drink 2 gallons of water. Salt intake should be closer to 3000mg/ed instead of 1500mg/ed.
    2. Monday - take a diuretick 3x a day and drink 2 gallons of water. Salt intake should be closer to 3000mg/ed instead of 1500mg/ed.
    3. Tuesday - take a diuretick 3x a day and drink 2 gallons of water. Salt intake should be closer to 3000mg/ed instead of 1500mg/ed.
    4. Wednesday - take a diuretick 3x a day and drink 3 gallons of water. Salt intake should be closer to 3000mg/ed instead of 1500mg/ed. Eat no carbs
    5. Thursday - take a diuretick 3x a day and drink 1.5 gallons of water before noon. From noon to bedtime sip water. Total of 20oz max. Salt intake should be 1500mg/ed. Eat no carbs
    6. Friday - take a diuretick 3x a day and drink 20 oz of water throughout the day. Salt intake should be 1500mg/ed. Carb load with sweet potatoes (Some guys take 1 day to carb "plump" others take 2 days. You need to experiment and know your own body)
    7. Saturday (show day)- stop taking diuretic and sip water throughout the day as needed.

Day of the show
    2. 30 minutes before you stand on stage eat a sugary candy bar or a sugary doughnut and pump up. Pump up your hamstring, a lot of guys miss that on stage.
    3. Eat a small meal for lunch, between the morning pre-judging and the evening finals. You can get bloated if you eat too much for lunch. I like salmon and salad for lunch.

After the show
    2. If you reverse diet out after your show, you'll get even bigger and stronger than when you were in the show.
    3. A massive diet full of carbs and fat may be delicious but it will throw off your hormones and may put you into depression.

Hey Scotch- that compliment means a lot coming from you. You went well beyond what I requested, but I will try the diuretic as prescribed. I struggle with the water and I think that I was carb loading too late.
    You are right. I would not pump my hams.
    Usually before the show I take jelly and rice and mix them together. I love that.
    I do not go crazy afterwards especially since I have another one 2 weeks after.

Thanks again!

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

3 weeks out
    3. No fruits
    4. No sugars
    10. For NAC, run 3g/ed

Day of the show

After the show

What an awesome post. What do you mean by reverse diet after the show?

Coffeehead is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    Slowly adding calories (100/wk) back into diet rather than jumping right back up to your previous TDEE. Chances are his metabolism has slowed a bit and jumping right into it can cause a decent amount of fat gain post-competition.
    Octaneforce likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    Add carbs back in slowly. Protein and fats are fine. The carbs will plump you right up.
    Octaneforce and Keyser_S0ze like this.

Viktoriia is offline Female Member
    Add carbs back in slowly. Protein and fats are fine. The carbs will plump you right up.
    Hi, very interesting post. please tell me what diuretics and dosages you use. the husband has a competition after 2 months. he had never used diuretics. but knows that only those that conserve potassium should be used
    GearHeaded likes this.

I just read the gear head, and I realized that ideally it is better not to use diuretics, and he is right. he is an excellent adviser. appreciate that there is such a person
    GearHeaded likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktoriia View Post
    I just read the gear head, and I realized that ideally it is better not to use diuretics, and he is right. he is an excellent adviser. appreciate that there is such a person
    Definitely, however there are times that you really need to.
    I do not go into a comp expecting to take diuretics, but I have them just in case.
    I used to beat the shit out of myself precomp and go in flat. No longer. The last comp, I went in full as fuck.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Hi, very interesting post. please tell me what diuretics and dosages you use. the husband has a competition after 2 months. he had never used diuretics. but knows that only those that conserve potassium should be used
    just to clarify.. the idea that potassium sparing diuretics are somehow 'safer' is definitely not true. in fact just off the top of my head the 5 or so bodybuilders that I know of who have died from diuretic mis use were using potassium sparing diuretics.

heres an example and an explanation of what can happen..
    a female bodybuilder in a show last year died from heart failure a day after her show. what happened? She was taking a potassium sparing diuretic and taking too much too long. her body was shedding the fluid and electrolytes which then left way too high of potassium in her blood. this is called hyperaklemia and can cause your heart to stop (which is actually how some vet clinics put animals to death by giving them an over dose injection of potassium to stop their heart).. well her potassium was way too high. then what did she mistakingly do? carb up for the show and have lots of carbs after her show in cheat meals.. what do most these carbs like potao, French fries, bannanas etc.. all have a high amount of , "potassium" . so now she has even more potassium in her blood stream and her heart stops.

here is another example..
    not going to mention the name. a pro bodybuilder was taking a potassium sparing diuretic. his blood levels of potassium got too high.. he passed out back stage. paramedics came and immediately assumed he was totally depleted and dehydrated, so they do what they are trained to do and they got him IV fluids, containing guess what.. potassium. to help re-hydrate him. now he is even more hyperkalimec.
    the paramedics did not know.. they basically killed him. his heart stopped from potassium over dose due to the diuretics he was taking that spared too much potassium.

another bodybuilder was taking a potassium sparing diuretic. his blood levels of potassium got way too high. he starting blacking out and having heart arrhythmia.. but he was lucky he had a smart coach with him. the coach was smart enough to inject him with a loop diuretic, non potassium sparing diuretic, and insulin .. the loop diuretic made him excrete his extra potassium and the insulin helped shuttle potassium out of the blood stream and into cells.. and his too high of blood potassium was able to come down and he lived.

anyhow. potassium sparing is not safe by any means. diuretics should rarely be used and when used only with extreme understanding and caution.
    too many bodybuilders think diuretics are just part of the game and what you do just like AAS.. but its not. its an extreme fine line.

I helped Charger with his last few shows. did we use diuretics. yes we needed to cause he holds a ton of water on his lower back. but it was an extremely precise and cautious protocol. it was an hour by hour thing. there was depletion, then carb back loading with a potassium sparing diuretic.. there was salt loading followed by the dropping of salt as well as water then a combination of a non-potassium sparing and potassium sparing diuretic together.. dosages were super low and things were done hour to hour.

90% of the time its not worth the risk and messing with.. especially without knowledgeable people in your corner helping you.
    just simply load up on some vitamin C and dandelion root a couple days going into the show.
    most amateurs never even get lean enough in contest prep to even warrant advanced protocols anyhow.

thats my rant . be careful and cautious when it comes to this topic

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    just to clarify.. the idea that potassium sparing diuretics are somehow 'safer' is definitely not true. in fact just off the top of my head the 5 or so bodybuilders that I know of who have died from diuretic mis use were using potassium sparing diuretics.

heres an example and an explanation of what can happen..
    a female bodybuilder in a show last year died from heart failure a day after her show. what happened? She was taking a potassium sparing diuretic and taking too much too long. her body was shedding the fluid and electrolytes which then left way too high of potassium in her blood. this is called hyperaklemia and can cause your heart to stop (which is actually how some vet clinics put animals to death by giving them an over dose injection of potassium to stop their heart).. well her potassium was way too high. then what did she mistakingly do? carb up for the show and have lots of carbs after her show in cheat meals.. what do most these carbs like potao, French fries, bannanas etc.. all have a high amount of , "potassium" . so now she has even more potassium in her blood stream and her heart stops.

not going to mention the name. a pro bodybuilder was taking a potassium sparing diuretic. his blood levels of potassium got too high.. he passed out back stage. paramedics came and immediately assumed he was totally depleted and dehydrated, so they do what they are trained to do and they got him IV fluids, containing guess what.. potassium. to help re-hydrate him. now he is even more hyperkalimec.
    the paramedics did not know.. they basically killed him. his heart stopped from potassium over dose due to the diuretics he was taking that spared too much potassium.

another bodybuilder was taking a potassium sparing diuretic. his blood levels of potassium got way too high. he starting blacking out and having heart arrhythmia.. but he was lucky he had a smart coach with him. the coach was smart enough to inject him with a loop diuretic, non potassium sparing diuretic, and insulin .. the loop diuretic made him excrete his extra potassium and the insulin helped shuttle potassium out of the blood stream and into cells.. and his too high of blood potassium was able to come down and he lived.

anyhow. potassium sparing is not safe by any means. diuretics should rarely be used and when used only with extreme understanding and caution.
    too many bodybuilders think diuretics are just part of the game and what you do just like AAS.. but its not. its an extreme fine line.

I helped Charger with his last few shows. did we use diuretics. yes we needed to cause he holds a ton of water on his lower back. but it was an extremely precise and cautious protocol. it was an hour by hour thing. there was depletion, then carb back loading with a potassium sparing diuretic.. there was salt loading followed by the dropping of salt as well as water then a combination of a non-potassium sparing and potassium sparing diuretic together.. dosages were super low and things were done hour to hour.

90% of the time its not worth the risk and messing with.. especially without knowledgeable people in your corner helping you.
    just simply load up on some vitamin C and dandelion root a couple days going into the show.
    most amateurs never even get lean enough in contest prep to even warrant advanced protocols anyhow.

thats my rant . be careful and cautious when it comes to this topic
    Thank you for the advice. respect for such a person. yes yes I know that person where doctors mistakenly used extra potassium. you are right in everything. my husband studied the topic of diuretics for a long time and realized that only a very worthy trainer should control this. He believes that worthy trainers and doctors are only in the USA. and all the advice, listen to the tips of the gear head !!!!
    GearHeaded likes this.

Thread Information