Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By Windex
  • 2 Post By cousinmuscles
  • 1 Post By charger69
  • 2 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 2 Post By hammerheart
  • 1 Post By hollowedzeus
  • 1 Post By Couchlockd
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: Quad injection help

  1. #1
    hollowedzeus's Avatar
    hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,357

    Quad injection help

    Hello all.

    Need a hand with quad injection. I pin 4ml of nebido in my glutes no problem at all.

    I got a hold of injectible l carnitine and am pinning that. One, to see if it does anything and two, to practice pinning and use different sites.

    Just attempted quads. The first time i pushed the pin in the went in perfectly, felt nothing until my leg suddenly jerked roughly and the pin had to come out. Changed pin and moved slightly further down. Pain was incredible once the pin broke the suface. Pushed it in as far as pain would allow and injected about 0.1ml and had to bring it out.

    Glutes arent anywhere near this painful. Im surprised at how bad im doing at these quad pins lol.

    I injected this area with both pins

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hollowedzeus; 07-09-2018 at 05:56 PM.

  2. #2
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,869
    I have never had luck in the quads until I started doing it where the pockets are in front.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Windex is offline Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    4,296
    Were you standing up or sitting down? First time I pinned quads I was standing up and had pain like you described. Tried it sitting down and has been gravy ever since.

    You could also try pinning lower down on the inner quad.
    EndlessApex and OdinsOtherSon like this.

  4. #4
    hollowedzeus's Avatar
    hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,357
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I have never had luck in the quads until I started doing it where the pockets are in front.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Will try it round the front next time. Figured the meatiest bit was at the side lol

  5. #5
    hollowedzeus's Avatar
    hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Windex View Post
    Were you standing up or sitting down? First time I pinned quads I was standing up and had pain like you described. Tried it sitting down and has been gravy ever since.

    You could also try pinning lower down on the inner quad.
    Was sitting down completely unflexed mate. Not sure why i did that since i do glutes standing.

    Ill give it a go different spots but that was a nasty feeling. Really put me off trying again lol. But i will

  6. #6
    Windex is offline Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    4,296
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Was sitting down completely unflexed mate. Not sure why i did that since i do glutes standing.

    Ill give it a go different spots but that was a nasty feeling. Really put me off trying again lol. But i will
    I mean you could try calves if you are brave

    Your circled area is more or less where I pin but lower on the inside, close to knee.

  7. #7
    cousinmuscles's Avatar
    cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    2,751
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I have never had luck in the quads until I started doing it where the pockets are in front.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is where I was told from the start and it works perfectly so far... Imagine wearing jeans, place your hand as if you put it in your pocket, inject between your thumb and index finger. Though many areas work I found this to be the easiest and the part where the skin is soft so the needle penetrates easier.
    charger69 and hollowedzeus like this.

  8. #8
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,869
    Quote Originally Posted by Windex View Post
    I mean you could try calves if you are brave

    Your circled area is more or less where I pin but lower on the inside, close to knee.
    That is where I tried. Even slin pins do not work there for me.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,869
    Hollowed- try the VG area. Best spot IMO


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hollowedzeus likes this.

  10. #10
    hollowedzeus's Avatar
    hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,357
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Was speaking to mr HH and he brought up needle size.... my pins are 1 1/4 inch... is this too much for quad?

  11. #11
    Cupid is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    139
    Quads always been hit or miss for me.
    Sometimes they hurt like a bitch, sometimes i barely feel it.
    The jerking thing occurs randomly, you jut entered in a weird spot/angle.
    As far as location (taking your circle as point of comparison), the area I have had the most ease with is slightly below the circle and a little bit further in the direction away from your hamstring.
    Ive never used longer than 1inch needle for quad. Also, what gauge are you using? I used 18g once. Never again. Now I refuse to use less than 25g.
    Also, if its your first time pinning quad, don't worry too much about it, it takes a few times to get the hang of it. Don't let the fear of that twitching thing that happened to you stay in your mind for future pins, otherwise you will tense up and it will hurt worse/happen again.

    Last bit of advice, learn to pin your delts. I personally prefer them to quads. I think most people do.

  12. #12
    OdinsOtherSon's Avatar
    OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,543
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Was speaking to mr HH and he brought up needle size.... my pins are 1 1/4 inch... is this too much for quad?
    How much meat ya got on’em?? Lol. I just pinned about 10 mins ago...quads, 1”, 25g. I’ve always used that size pin and never had any issues.

  13. #13
    Windex is offline Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    4,296
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Was speaking to mr HH and he brought up needle size.... my pins are 1 1/4 inch... is this too much for quad?
    I don't think so. I use 25G 1.5"

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4,683
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Hello all.

    Need a hand with quad injection. I pin 4ml of nebido in my glutes no problem at all.

    I got a hold of injectible l carnitine and am pinning that. One, to see if it does anything and two, to practice pinning and use different sites.

    Just attempted quads. The first time i pushed the pin in the went in perfectly, felt nothing until my leg suddenly jerked roughly and the pin had to come out. Changed pin and moved slightly further down. Pain was incredible once the pin broke the suface. Pushed it in as far as pain would allow and injected about 0.1ml and had to bring it out.

    Glutes arent anywhere near this painful. Im surprised at how bad im doing at these quad pins lol.

    I injected this area with both pins

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    do not pin the side of your leg.
    that is where your IT band is.

    google it band and look at images.

    pin the front of your thigh where your jeans front pocket would be.
    Mr.BB and OdinsOtherSon like this.

  15. #15
    ryobi1 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    Hello all.

    Need a hand with quad injection. I pin 4ml of nebido in my glutes no problem at all.

    I got a hold of injectible l carnitine and am pinning that. One, to see if it does anything and two, to practice pinning and use different sites.

    Just attempted quads. The first time i pushed the pin in the went in perfectly, felt nothing until my leg suddenly jerked roughly and the pin had to come out. Changed pin and moved slightly further down. Pain was incredible once the pin broke the suface. Pushed it in as far as pain would allow and injected about 0.1ml and had to bring it out.

    Glutes arent anywhere near this painful. Im surprised at how bad im doing at these quad pins lol.

    I injected this area with both pins

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    was kind of shocked to see where you are pinning, the twitching could be you got to close to a nerve, remember your syatica runs through both legs.
    the easiest way for me to find the sweet spot to pin was when sitting put the heel of your hand against your waiste and flat of hand running down your legs(where your pocket would be ) at the end of your fingers off centre towards the outside of thigh is a good starting point, even then you can find touchy spots where it hurts to puncture, but one its in , no sweat.
    I used 1" by 25 gauge

  16. #16
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    4,364
    Attachment 173397

    Three perfect spot devoid of nerve clusters.

    I pin quads exclusively for anything over .7 cc. So all my test and mast goes there, hit them over 100 times never a issue other than first time.

    I pin biceps for .5ml
    Delta for .5ml to 1cc

    Don't pin calves EVER!!

  17. #17
    hammerheart's Avatar
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,528
    Quote Originally Posted by m.hornbuckle View Post
    This is the technique I've been using for more than a year of ED pins rotating quads/delts. Never hit a nerve or otherwise failed a pin.

    Also use short needles 5/8'' top. I use 1/2'' slins.
    OdinsOtherSon and mxgregg like this.

  18. #18
    hollowedzeus's Avatar
    hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,357
    I believe the issue was definetly going in the side of the leg. Both pins must have been on or around my it band. Tried again this morning and had success on the front of my leg. Slightly to the right of the top x that couch posted. I didnt want to pish the entire needle in so left about 1/4 hanging out.

    Pip is pretty bad. Walking with a bit of a limp this morning. Im assuming due to virgin muscle being pinned.


    Thank you for everyones help it is much appreciated as always

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

  19. #19
    mxgregg is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Calif.
    Posts
    78
    Exact same setup I use in the front pocket area and goes in like butter.

    Quote Originally Posted by hammerheart View Post
    This is the technique I've been using for more than a year of ED pins rotating quads/delts. Never hit a nerve or otherwise failed a pin.

    Also use short needles 5/8'' top. I use 1/2'' slins.

  20. #20
    Windex is offline Staff ~ HRT Optimization Specialist
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    4,296
    Quote Originally Posted by m.hornbuckle View Post
    Attachment 173397

    Three perfect spot devoid of nerve clusters.

    I pin quads exclusively for anything over .7 cc. So all my test and mast goes there, hit them over 100 times never a issue other than first time.

    I pin biceps for .5ml
    Delta for .5ml to 1cc

    Don't pin calves EVER!!
    Curious as to why you don't like calves ?

  21. #21
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,869
    You really should try the vG area


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    4,364
    Quote Originally Posted by Windex View Post
    Curious as to why you don't like calves ?
    Lol.

    I haven't done it, but 3 people I know who have said it's no go.

  23. #23
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    4,364
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    You really should try the vG area


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think vG is were he meant to go but when to lie on the sides
    charger69 likes this.

  24. #24
    hollowedzeus's Avatar
    hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,357
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    You really should try the vG area


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is that upper towards the hip?

  25. #25
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,902
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    do not pin the side of your leg.
    that is where your IT band is.

    google it band and look at images.

    pin the front of your thigh where your jeans front pocket would be.
    This^^

    Thats the hardest fascia we got in the body.
    hollowedzeus likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •