Thread: Mirtazapine

martin85 is offline New Member

Mirtazapine

Quick easy one that hopefully some on can shine a light on. One factor that I got carried away reading in to is that I take 30mg of mirtazapine daily and understand that it's used as a cortisol control? I've overwhelmed myself and feel I've read too far in to this.. is it a factor I need to consider around planning?

fiddlesticks is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    This is something I have alot of experience with, interested in it for its "anti-cortisol" properties.

My personal experience is this drug is EXTREMELY(!) powerful and just should be avoided... Even using 1mg of it causes me sedation far beyond any other drug i've taken for at least 2 days and really messes with my everyday life. The times I have taken the whole 15mg I would barely remember the week at all, no idea how people can function using this drug. It also made me extremely hungry and adhenoic, bad combo lol.

No idea what would happen with 30mg, I know the text you read these things from and it is quite shocking to me but perhaps I am just overly sensitive to the drug.

I do not think any substance outside of insulin really is useful for "anti-cortisol" properties, the rebound effect of such drugs would also be devastating and complicate everything. A large problem with reducing cortisol's effects (besides the insulin route) is cortisol increases energy expenditure and is a signal for muscle growth.

From what I understand trenbolone can reduce cortisol's effects but.. it can make you feel stressed out anyway so it doesn't really solve much.

The mechanism of this drug seems to inevitably both reduce your energy expenditure and also make you very hungry, quite counterproductive when you're dieting and trying to lose fat. In the end, you pretty much just have to lower your stress levels through whatever means required.
    Last edited by fiddlesticks; 07-09-2018 at 03:27 PM.

martin85 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post
    This is something I have alot of experience with, interested in it for its "anti-cortisol" properties.

My personal experience is this drug is EXTREMELY(!) powerful and just should be avoided... Even using 1mg of it causes me sedation far beyond any other drug i've taken for at least 2 days and really messes with my everyday life. The times I have taken the whole 15mg I would barely remember the week at all, no idea how people can function using this drug. It also made me extremely hungry and adhenoic, bad combo lol.

No idea what would happen with 30mg, I know the text you read these things from and it is quite shocking to me but perhaps I am just overly sensitive to the drug.

I do not think any substance outside of insulin really is useful for "anti-cortisol" properties, the rebound effect of such drugs would also be devastating and complicate everything. A large problem with reducing cortisol's effects (besides the insulin route) is cortisol increases energy expenditure and is a signal for muscle growth.

From what I understand trenbolone can reduce cortisol's effects but.. it can make you feel stressed out anyway so it doesn't really solve much.

The mechanism of this drug seems to inevitably both reduce your energy expenditure and also make you very hungry, quite counterproductive when you're dieting and trying to lose fat. In the end, you pretty much just have to lower your stress levels through whatever means required.
    Thank you for the input. I'm prescribed them for the foreseeable future so taking them is a daily routine that won't change. I understand the potency of this medication can have extreme effects on most people , but I'm tolerable on 30mg and have no noticeable sides or drop in energy. That said, I have a massive increase in appetite but find that a benefit so long as I eat healthy.

My concern is whilst medicating, what possible if any complications do they present on a cycle? The forum is full of information, but I'm looking for personal experiences whilst on cycle and after one. I've never ran a cycle on mirtazapine before and doing the duedilligence before I jump back in.

M

Thread Information