Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: Kidney issues caused from AAS use ?

Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member

Kidney issues caused from AAS use ?

Is there any studies or articles to verify this ?
    Should I be concerned with my kidneys?
    And if so what can we do in this lifestyle to keep them healthy ?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisp83TRT View Post
    Is there any studies or articles to verify this ?
    Should I be concerned with my kidneys?
    And if so what can we do in this lifestyle to keep them healthy ?
    AAS is not an important field in medical terms, so there arent, or there are very few, medical studies in which the subject is directly AAS, and thats for the whole body.

But there is no need for studies to know that kidneys can suffer with AAS usage.
    First of all your whole body suffers from steroid usage, you're on fucking steroids all the organs are working overtime. The problem with kidneys is that they dont repair themselves like muscles, or even like the liver. Once there is damage, or scaring, its very little reversible. Thats why we got 2 of those, but can live with only one.

Kidneys filter blood, thats its function, think of it like a paper filter, once the filter got some holes you cannot fix it. If you have high blood pressure, this pressure can damage the filter, so high blood pressure is one of the concerns.
    Another is heavy metals, which there's been reports of UGL oil having some. Its the kidneys that filter this heavy metals from the blood, and it can accumulate there causing damage.
    Guys doing shows, using diuretics are at very high risk. All diuretics cause kidney damage, but even only not drinking water is very taxing on kidneys.
    Adding to all this a very high protein diet, which is a problem cause the waste of amino acid breakdown will need to be filtered by kidneys, can lead bodybuilding to be stressing on kidneys.

Theres nothing you can do to protect it, except drinking enough water and living a healthy life style.
    cousinmuscles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    AAS is not an important field in medical terms, so there arent, or there are very few, medical studies in which the subject is directly AAS, and thats for the whole body.

But there is no need for studies to know that kidneys can suffer with AAS usage.
    First of all your whole body suffers from steroid usage, you're on fucking steroids all the organs are working overtime. The problem with kidneys is that they dont repair themselves like muscles, or even like the liver. Once there is damage, or scaring, its very little reversible. Thats why we got 2 of those, but can live with only one.

Kidneys filter blood, thats its function, think of it like a paper filter, once the filter got some holes you cannot fix it. If you have high blood pressure, this pressure can damage the filter, so high blood pressure is one of the concerns.
    Another is heavy metals, which there's been reports of UGL oil having some. Its the kidneys that filter this heavy metals from the blood, and it can accumulate there causing damage.
    Guys doing shows, using diuretics are at very high risk. All diuretics cause kidney damage, but even only not drinking water is very taxing on kidneys.
    Adding to all this a very high protein diet, which is a problem cause the waste of amino acid breakdown will need to be filtered by kidneys, can lead bodybuilding to be stressing on kidneys.

Theres nothing you can do to protect it, except drinking enough water and living a healthy life style.
    This is definitely good info man . Thank you.
    I’ve been Consuming a lot of protein , about 1.2-1.5 grams per pound but am drinking almost 2 gallons of water to help filter it out better so I’m trying my best to keep my kidneys all good and healthy.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisp83TRT View Post
    This is definitely good info man . Thank you.
    I’ve been Consuming a lot of protein , about 1.2-1.5 grams per pound but am drinking almost 2 gallons of water to help filter it out better so I’m trying my best to keep my kidneys all good and healthy.
    What's the point of eating so much protein you are literally gonna piss it?

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Another is heavy metals, which there's been reports of UGL oil having some
    Unfortunately the very chemical steps required to fabricate the hormone do require the heavy metals in the process, purification is expensive and what makes the difference in price vs pharma grade I believe.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerheart View Post
    What's the point of eating so much protein you are literally gonna piss it?
    When I'm not on gear, I grow pretty good on 1 gram per body pound. When on tren , I can get by with .75 or so

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    If you're looking for "drug safety" here - well. . . . . .

Best thing that I came up with is moderation & few supps that help clean some of this shit out(I hope)

Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    If you're looking for "drug safety" here - well. . . . . .

Best thing that I came up with is moderation & few supps that help clean some of this shit out(I hope)
    What supps do you recommend ? For the kidneys that is. I know lots of water and getting your blood pressure at normal range.
    My bun levels tend to be high most of the time

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The best way is checking your BUN during blood testing. The BUN is a blood, urea, nitrogen . Urea nitrogen is the by product of protein. The urea nitrogen is sent by the liver to the kidneys to be extracted in the urine. This is not the end in itself, but it does give an idea of a potential problem. The BUN in combo with creatine and creatinine will tell potential problems. NOTE: a dehydrated state will also cause BUN readings outside of the limits.
    If that is high, then the testing is usually graduated to a 24 hour urine. You pee for the next 24 hours in a jug. They take a sample. This gives the average reading throughout the day.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    The best way is checking your BUN during blood testing. The BUN is a blood, urea, nitrogen . Urea nitrogen is the by product of protein. The urea nitrogen is sent by the liver to the kidneys to be extracted in the urine. This is not the end in itself, but it does give an idea of a potential problem. The BUN in combo with creatine and creatinine will tell potential problems. NOTE: a dehydrated state will also cause BUN readings outside of the limits.
    If that is high, then the testing is usually graduated to a 24 hour urine. You pee for the next 24 hours in a jug. They take a sample. This gives the average reading throughout the day.
    Once done this 24h urine, the problem is they only gave me a 3lt jug so had to add 2 empty 1.5lt water bottles. Think the lab was not used to this kind of volume...

Thread Information