sleepstalker is offline New Member

Here is something new

Anyone know why its okay to take Melatonin HORMONE for an extended period of time and not experience shutdown by the pineal gland but when it comes to testosterone its the opposite? I mean its recommended not to use Melatonin for a long time but... thats something I noticed. I wonder if there is some protective mechanism there? What about binding it to test?

Quester is offline Senior Member
    This is a complex issue. It has to do with feedback loops; antagonist vs agonists; selective v partial v total; receptor affinity; the hormone cascade; etc. But, one distinction is testosterone regulation is maintained by the HPTA where as melotonin, as you pointed out, is produced in the pineal gland.

sleepstalker is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    This is a complex issue. It has to do with feedback loops; antagonist vs agonists; selective v partial v total; receptor affinity; the hormone cascade; etc. But, one distinction is testosterone regulation is maintained by the HPTA where as melotonin, as you pointed out, is produced in the pineal gland.
    I am trying to recall back from bioclass. LOL I graduated in Bio but I barely remember the specifics of this stuff. But yes Melatonin comes from a gland and test comes from the testes an endocrine gland.

Mr.BB is online now MONITOR
    Melatonin is not part of the HPTA.

Bind what with what??

Thread Information