Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By SocioMachiavelli
  • 2 Post By SocioMachiavelli
  • 1 Post By SilverTest

Thread: Tachycardia

SilverTest is offline Senior Member

Tachycardia

Hey guys,

I took panax ginseng for a while from 4 months and after that i started having these tachycardia episodes my heart rate goes wild from an adrenaline rush along with my blood pressure and glucose. Before that i was normal and could drink coffee and not feel a thing now if i take a very small tiny espresso i will go into crisis requiring ER attention. Went to three cardiologists my heart is fine my thyroid too...i feel like something is off in my body im anxious all the time cant drink coffee or alcohol at all. Anybody have an idea what that is???

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    I had the same thing happen to me, but not from ginseng. Went through a highly stressful period in my life and I was trying to quit a bad habit involving a green plant, when I started feeling these skipped heart beats followed by adrenaline surges. It was so bad that I also couldn't ingest any caffeinated drinks, but I also developed an aversion to exercise because it would put me in panic. Went to the ER once when I thought I was dying. Had many panic attacks over a couple of years.

I had my heart checked by a cardiologist and after a stress test and a eco cardiogram, I discovered I had a borderline mitral valve prolapse. This condition is known to cause anxiety and tachycardia. Like I said, I was scared to do any activity including walking up stairs. Well, for me it went away over time. I still get an occasional hiccup in my chest sometimes when I'm most relaxed, other times when I push myself too hard without warning up. My doc told me it's ok to exercise and life lift weights as long as I don't go crazy with 3 rep heavy set types.

You won't be able to pick up a valve problem using only an EKG, you need an echo, sometimes with dye.

Anyway, it sounds like you're dealing with an over reactive adrenal response also. This is typical anxiety, so maybe that's all it is at the end of the day.

SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverTest View Post
    Hey guys,

I took panax ginseng for a while from 4 months and after that i started having these tachycardia episodes my heart rate goes wild from an adrenaline rush along with my blood pressure and glucose. Before that i was normal and could drink coffee and not feel a thing now if i take a very small tiny espresso i will go into crisis requiring ER attention. Went to three cardiologists my heart is fine my thyroid too...i feel like something is off in my body im anxious all the time cant drink coffee or alcohol at all. Anybody have an idea what that is???
    Being Anxious is not necessarily indicative of a physical problem neither is being sensitive to stimulants, it is indicative of anxiety though. Can I ask do you worry about your health a lot? because you have seen three cardiologists who have confirmed your heart is okay and your thyroid is too. Yet you are convinced it is a physical problem?

Sure it could be a physical problem, but what evidence do you have for this conviction... People with anxiety experience those symptoms and reactions to stiumlants/depressants

It sounds to me like the withdrawal of ginseng, which may have had some relaxing benefits have perhaps caused a slight sensitivity to stimulants and depressants..... then health anxiety.

Actually yes i worry a LOT and everyone tells me im hypochondriac sooo i dont nnow i always search for something "wrong" in my body...alright so lets say its anxiety and an overreactive adrenal system..how do you heal this??? I want my life back im even scared of exercising, increasing my heart rate etc...

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Actually yes i worry a LOT and everyone tells me im hypochondriac sooo i dont nnow i always search for something "wrong" in my body...alright so lets say its anxiety and an overreactive adrenal system..how do you heal this??? I want my life back im even scared of exercising, increasing my heart rate etc...
    Are you currently working out? If not, buy some at-home equipment like a treadmill and some dumbbells, an adjustable bench, and some exercise bands. The only way I got over the fear and panic attacks was by doing the exercises that made me freak out and seeing that I'm still alive and nothing happened. I say at home because there is no judgement at home, and honestly youndont want to be in public when you're dealing with exercise induced anxiety. For the first month or two all I would do is walk at a slight incline on the treadmill. I would still get an occasional jolt in my chest and feel funny every once in a while. Your body is overreacting and producing too much cortisol and other stress chemicals and you need to reteach it to not do that by engaging in the same activities that cause your symptoms, but at a lower rate/weight. Basically treat yourself as I'd you never worked out before and slowly build up over a few weeks/months.

Also reduce caffeine and eat a lot of vegetables. Take walks in nature when you can. Take a nap when you feel it coming on. Take a melatonin - it will make you more mellow. If it gets bad, get prescribed Ativan, as it's the least addictive Benzo. I got a script for around half a year and would just take one whenever I felt it coming on.

You'll be alright just take it easy and focus on something other than lifting to get your mind off. For me it was making music.

Just got to get ready for work, I'll write a response once I head out. It's not hypochondria it's health anxiety..... Do you check your pulse etc a lot?
    SilverTest likes this.

Yuppp!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post
    Just got to get ready for work, I'll write a response once I head out. It's not hypochondria it's health anxiety..... Do you check your pulse etc a lot?
    Yupp!!!

Yupp!!!
    If you really want to beat this...

1) Google is not a diagnostic tool... It gives worse case scenarios all the time.... Stay off of it.

2) You're no longer allowed to check your pulse, this is a compulsive and maladaptive behaviour. Actually checking it is contributing to the spike

3) Doing physical cardiovascular exercise will increase your resilience to stress/anxiety and the accompanying symptoms. It will also reduce them

4) when you experience symptoms.. Its not the symptoms that are the problem it is your reaction to them. This is what is making it cyclical... When you experience a symptom you need to experience it with curiosity and not apprehension... What you will find is that they are transient.

When you respond with fear... You fuel and increase the severity of your symptoms.

The docs have given you the all clear and
    The other thing to ask yourself.... How did I know you check your pulse and use Google a lot....because I'm right and your body is wrong. There is nothing wrong with you except fear, you need to accept this and let go of your irrationality.

Before you give into the compulsion of using Google or your pulse machine ask yourself this.. "how can I expect things to change when I keep repeating old behaviours"
    Quester and SilverTest like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post
    If you really want to beat this...

1) Google is not a diagnostic tool... It gives worse case scenarios all the time.... Stay off of it.

2) You're no longer allowed to check your pulse, this is a compulsive and maladaptive behaviour. Actually checking it is contributing to the spike

3) Doing physical cardiovascular exercise will increase your resilience to stress/anxiety and the accompanying symptoms. It will also reduce them

4) when you experience symptoms.. Its not the symptoms that are the problem it is your reaction to them. This is what is making it cyclical... When you experience a symptom you need to experience it with curiosity and not apprehension... What you will find is that they are transient.

When you respond with fear... You fuel and increase the severity of your symptoms.

The docs have given you the all clear and
    The other thing to ask yourself.... How did I know you check your pulse and use Google a lot....because I'm right and your body is wrong. There is nothing wrong with you except fear, you need to accept this and let go of your irrationality.

Before you give into the compulsion of using Google or your pulse machine ask yourself this.. "how can I expect things to change when I keep repeating old behaviours"
    Wow man thanks! That was really helpful. Tx for taking the time to reply. Cheers
    SocioMachiavelli likes this.

Thread Information