phar0 is offline New Member

Question AAS/HRT with an autoimmune disease to combat catabolism

Hey guys, here's some info about me:

-22 year old male

-Have an autoimmune disease called Behcet's disease

-Been on catabolic corticosteroids for 7 years now, sometimes on high doses, but mostly on maintenance doses, but displaying obvious Cushing-oid symptoms (Moon face, large belly, etc.)

-Have established osteoporosis with 25% bone loss, especially in the lumbar area, this is caused by the corticosteroids too

-Measured Testosterone levels before and they came in LOW

-Living in a third world country, doctors aren't very knowledgeable about AAS generally, but the immunologist and endocrinologist said they're fine with me doing AAS, that it shouldn't cause any flares or affect my disease negatively. Growth plates are closed too. Won't be growing anymore.

-Wanting to do Test-E 500mg/wk cycles to combat the severe muscle wasting I have and severe weakness caused by the catabolic corticosteroids, and to also raise my low T levels

-A doctor family friend has made me worry after telling me that they can cause DVT (thrombosis), and I'm at risk for thrombosis since I'm mostly sedentary, and this should be researched more. He doesn't know anything else about it though.

So, I know (most) of you guys aren't doctors, but I wanted to get your input on this, be it bro science or not, I just want your opinions.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you aren't weight training I'd say 500mg is pointless. Apart from that supraphysiological dosages of testosterone will thicken your blood, your disease already increases risks of blood clots...

I don't know if TRT goes well with your autoimmune disease but the stickies in this section:
    https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...nt-anti-aging/

and in the subsection:
    https://forums.steroid.com/before-yo...u-doesnt-know/

are a great place to start.

With normal test levels you will lessen some of the catabolism. Testosterone and other AAS work against glucocorticoids in some ways, they inactivate some of the receptors, you'll have to research this on your own. The problem is you create new problems with hormones your body doesn't need. So you solve one problem to create at least another.

If you do TRT you should try to get it prescribed by a doctor who knows about hypogonadism.

What are your possibilities of getting more exercising, even walking?

phar0 is offline New Member
    I've already started walking daily now, and will begin weight-training very soon. I've tried weight-training before on a strict lifting routine for a few months, but the catabolism was making it very hard to see any gains in strength or in size, even though I was on a caloric surplus and managing my macros as well.

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phar0 View Post
    I've already started walking daily now, and will begin weight-training very soon. I've tried weight-training before on a strict lifting routine for a few months, but the catabolism was making it very hard to see any gains in strength or in size, even though I was on a caloric surplus and managing my macros as well.
    Don't rush into a cycle. Get well into lifting for a long time before considering it. If your doctors approve of TRT and there aren't any contraindications with Behcets disease then maximize what you can get out of that and lifting.

Keep up the fight mate sorry to hear about your condition. Just put everything you have into getting as strong as you can.

Thread Information