• 2 Post By balance
  • 3 Post By GearHeaded
  • 4 Post By GearHeaded
  • 2 Post By mrthai
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience

Thread: Cardio during cycle

LeatherShoe is offline New Member

Cardio during cycle

I like doing half an hour on the rowing machine after workouts, can I continue doing this while on a cycle or would you recommend I cut it out?

kirkjamest is offline Junior Member
    Keep your heart healthy, stay on the cardio. You should be eating an excess of calories anyway so you will need to burn off some of those unused macromolecules.

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeatherShoe View Post
    I like doing half an hour on the rowing machine after workouts, can I continue doing this while on a cycle or would you recommend I cut it out?
    That should be fine no need to cut cardio out

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    The whole not doing Cardio thing is a bad relic of some bro science of the past.
    songdog, Quester, EDCG19 and 1 others like this.

When I'm training for a show I do no cardio until about 4 to 6 weeks out. I check my body fat at that point and if I'm a little flabby, I add cardio after the workout. The theory is that if you lift and do cardio as a matter of course, your body, which is super smart, will get used to the routines. Then when you really have to lose fat, you have to almost kill yourself on the cardio so you can lose fat. If you can keep your fat down with diet and lifting, your body will respond well to cardio and lose fat.
    balance and songdog like this.

PT1982 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I admit that I hate cardio and never do it. I should and feel we all should. I have cardiovascular problems as well as high lipid values, so I really need it. Maybe one day of I'm not too late! But as far as the means, I prefer the rowing machine as well for my cardio.

mrthai is offline Junior Member
    How does it affect the heart doing cardio on cycle?

assguy22 is offline Junior Member
    Cardio is a MUST on TRT and very recommended on cycle.
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.

balance is online now Associate Member
    This is a really interesting topic I too have thought about posting here. I understand the obvious benefits of cardio but have to ask as follows.
    Is it really long term heart healthy to be doing things like HITT training when someone is on a lot of gear? Knowing that the heart is a muscle and that muscles grow on AAS, wouldn’t logic hold that this will likely enlarge the heart muscle?
    GearHeaded and Obs like this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by assguy22 View Post
    Cardio is a MUST on TRT and very recommended on cycle.
    I'm curious as to why cardio would be a MUST on trt . TRT is simply a medical condition and treatment to get low test levels in the normal range (thats it). So would cardio be a must for anyone that has normal test levels , or just guys that have normal test levels via medical intervention ?
    TRTdrew, Chrisp83TRT and balance like this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by balance View Post
    This is a really interesting topic I too have thought about posting here. I understand the obvious benefits of cardio but have to ask as follows.
    Is it really long term heart healthy to be doing things like HITT training when someone is on a lot of gear? Knowing that the heart is a muscle and that muscles grow on AAS, wouldn’t logic hold that this will likely enlarge the heart muscle?
    I personally don't recommend excessive abdominal training nor excessive HIIT cardio training when on heavy amounts of gear.
    just heavy weight training and primarily focused on muscle groups your trying to bring up (its unlikely your not trying to bring up your abdominal size, heart or lung size).

basic M/LISS cardio is fine and will help promote cardiovascular health and fat burning, without being too taxing.
    a 30 minute brisk walk for example
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 12-01-2018 at 10:34 AM.

mrthai is offline Junior Member
    Thanks again for very good answare GearHeaded. This was what i was thinking myself but i couldnt find a answare anywhere....
    Been thinking on this for a long time, that making the heart work to much while on gear cant be helthy... but again your cardio vascular health is important so some it need to be.
    Always on point with your answares, great to have people like you on this forum
    balance and GearHeaded like this.

Testlolblast is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeatherShoe View Post
    In my opinion cardio training is the one of the main inalienable things building up a healthy workout routine, no matter if you're cycling or not.
    Of course don't overdo it, actually for a better weight lifting performance I would advise to do only a light cardio before starting a weight lifting workout, so a heart gets ready.
    Last edited by Testlolblast; 12-04-2018 at 09:47 AM.

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    I'm curious as to why cardio would be a MUST on trt . TRT is simply a medical condition and treatment to get low test levels in the normal range (thats it). So would cardio be a must for anyone that has normal test levels , or just guys that have normal test levels via medical intervention ?
    I heard cardio will help stabilizing RBCs
    I have no science to back this up maybe someone else does but what I've heard is a good amount of cardio every week will help manage red blood cells from getting too thick

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    I heard cardio will help stabilizing RBCs
    I have no science to back this up maybe someone else does but what I've heard is a good amount of cardio every week will help manage red blood cells from getting too thick
    No, cardio will not lower RBCs. But when you refer to RBCs your likely referring to Hemoglobin and Hematocrit, the two values responsible for the O2 capacity of RBCs. Both climb in response to O2 deprivation (altitude, sleep apnea...). When they climb the blood thickens and puts greater workload on your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    No, cardio will not lower RBCs. But when you refer to RBCs your likely referring to Hemoglobin and Hematocrit, the two values responsible for the O2 capacity of RBCs. Both climb in response to O2 deprivation (altitude, sleep apnea...). When they climb the blood thickens and puts greater workload on your heart.
    I didnt say it will lower
    It can help manage it and even with high hematocrit or hemoglobin or RBCs cardio will help smooth things out rather than keep the blood thick and unmovable
    Unless what I was told is bioscience

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TRTdrew is offline Associate Member
    I hate cardio

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    I used to do 15 mins of HARD CV pre workout, but cut they out and now do 45 min brisk walks with the misses on off days. Found recovery is better and sleep is actually better as well... could be because my CNS isnt as fried..

Do your cardio, but no need to go crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by TRTdrew View Post
    I hate cardio
    Fuck
    I love it but its been a while

Quote Originally Posted by Eduke93 View Post
    I used to do 15 mins of HARD CV pre workout, but cut they out and now do 45 min brisk walks with the misses on off days. Found recovery is better and sleep is actually better as well... could be because my CNS isnt as fried..

Do your cardio, but no need to go crazy!
    True
    Cardio will help with recovery from my experience (you're pumping more blood into the muscles so you recover better)

Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    I didnt say it will lower
    It can help manage it and even with high hematocrit or hemoglobin or RBCs cardio will help smooth things out rather than keep the blood thick and unmovable
    Unless what I was told is bioscience

"Manage it", "smooth things out"(?), it doesn't sound like science so, yeah, must be broscience
    Last edited by Quester; 12-06-2018 at 05:33 PM.

"Manage it"? yeah, must be broscience
    It's legit

Cyclists who have very high hematocrit and hemoglobin make sure to cycle as often as they can to manage the "thicker" blood

Cycling = cardio

Brother, Cyclist use erythropoeitin to increase H&H for the purpose of carrying more oxygen to their muscles. So, maybe "smoothing out" in the context that they use it is actually increasing h&H which, always, 100%, every single time, increases blood viscosity.
    Not trying to give you a hard time just trying to help.
    The real problem here is that increased H&H puts more work load on the heart (a muscle) which, if taking steroids at the same time will cause some degree of cardiomegaly (enlarged heart). How much-IDK. Is it a problem-IDK. It is important to be informed so you can be empowered to make your own decisions.
    BTW, I regularly do cardio, with almost supra-physiological levels of T, and a GHRH/GHRP combo, at 90% of my max heart rate for 30-40 minutes 11-12 times a week. Is this likely to cause cardiomegaly, yes. But I know that and if anyone asks, it is a responsibility of people who give a fuck about others to tell them the risks.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Cardio during cycle

Gggg
    Last edited by charger69; 12-06-2018 at 06:29 PM. Reason: L

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Brother, Cyclist use erythropoeitin to increase H&H for the purpose of carrying more oxygen to their muscles. So, maybe "smoothing out" in the context that they use it is actually increasing h&H which, always, 100%, every single time, increases blood viscosity.
    Not trying to give you a hard time just trying to help.
    The real problem here is that increased H&H puts more work load on the heart (a muscle) which, if taking steroids at the same time will cause some degree of cardiomegaly (enlarged heart). How much-IDK. Is it a problem-IDK. It is important to be informed so you can be empowered to make your own decisions.
    BTW, I regularly do cardio, with almost supra-physiological levels of T, and a GHRH/GHRP combo, at 90% of my max heart rate for 30-40 minutes 11-12 times a week. Is this likely to cause cardiomegaly, yes. But I know that and if anyone asks, it is a responsibility of people who give a fuck about others to tell them the risks.
    Cardiomegaly and hypertrophic left ventricular enlargement are separate things but are often used interchangably. Anyone who chronically exercises will have thickening of the left ventricular, which in and of itself isn’t pathological and is a common and nessisary adaptation to exercise that the heart most do to compensate. True Cardiomegaly is enlargement of the entire heart with fatty infiltration into the ventricular walls. Anytime a muscle be it the heart, psoas etc is under chronic inflammatory pressures the body fills in the areas with fat deposits.

I know you know all this Q, this is more for all the guys reading who’s well meaning MD has told them they have heart enlargement and neglect the fact that they exercise regularly and try to scare the crap out of them.
    Quester likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Thread Information