Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MegaMeatMan

Thread: Fucked up injection has made my right shoulder weaker

2pacshaq is offline New Member

Fucked up injection has made my right shoulder weaker

Fucked injection, have I destroyed my shoulder?

Please someone help, I do EOD injections at the moment, slin pin in my delts and a couple weeks back I had a "bad injection" resulting in slight pain, swelling and red-ness the following days.

The swelling went down, so did the pain. However, I noticed I was becoming weaker in bench/close grip bench and other push movements.

I thought I just had some bad workouts, but eventually it hit me: It was only my right shoulders which was weaker (the one I injected in), not the other one.

A few weeks have now passed, and Im still as weak.

For example: I usually do 50kg for dumbell chest press, now I can barely handle 35-40kg with that shoulders, It doesnt even hurt, its just WEAK.

Also, when I use it, Its like it can feel like it "falls asleep", If u know what I mean? Like thousand small needles sting it and I lose some feeling in it.

Can anyone tell me what is going on and should I go to the doc and confess or just wait it out? What should you do?

MegaMeatMan is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2pacshaq View Post

Please someone help, I do EOD injections at the moment, slin pin in my delts and a couple weeks back I had a "bad injection" resulting in slight pain, swelling and red-ness the following days.

The swelling went down, so did the pain. However, I noticed I was becoming weaker in bench/close grip bench and other push movements.

I thought I just had some bad workouts, but eventually it hit me: It was only my right shoulders which was weaker (the one I injected in), not the other one.

For example: I usually do 50kg for dumbell chest press, now I can barely handle 35-40kg with that shoulders, It doesnt even hurt, its just WEAK.

Also, when I use it, Its like it can feel like it "falls asleep", If u know what I mean? Like thousand small needles sting it and I lose some feeling in it.

Can anyone tell me what is going on and should I go to the doc and confess or just wait it out? What should you do?
    Only once did I vary from my buttock region. I hit my thigh. Must've done something wrong because it swelled up twice as big, whole thigh turned red and I couldn't walk!
    Crap,, I'm going to have to go to doc. Of course I had to tell him the truth. Don't lie....he may call you a dummy or whatever but neverless he will get you going again.
    I'm still today not sure what I did wrong. I will never, ever, ever hit myself anywhere but my buttocks. Lesson learned

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Can I say I tried a b6 injection maybe? I dont wanna say I use steroids , it wont be good. Or should I wait longer? Im not swelled or nothing, no pain, just weak and it can "fall asleep" when I use it with effort, like training.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer

Are you positive that it's from the injection? When you press, how do give the bells a liftoff? The reason I ask is that I was a dumbass and was kind of swinging up the heavier bells for presses instead of assisting the liftoff with my legs and ended up with musculocutaneous nerve entrapment.
    It sucks because nerve damage heals slowly, approximately 1" per month.
    Your symptoms sound like you may have some nerve entrapment issues? Run it through Google and see what you think.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I would also suspect nerve issues

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    I've had a similar problem, shoulder becomes weak and after a few reps just collapses, but no pain... it has taken me about 3 months to recover and its still not 100%...

If the redness has gone down and its 100% not infected, then take a break from pressing dbell/barbell and focus some time on isolation until your recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Are you positive that it's from the injection? When you press, how do give the bells a liftoff? The reason I ask is that I was a dumbass and was kind of swinging up the heavier bells for presses instead of assisting the liftoff with my legs and ended up with musculocutaneous nerve entrapment.
    It sucks because nerve damage heals slowly, approximately 1" per month.
    Your symptoms sound like you may have some nerve entrapment issues? Run it through Google and see what you think.

Yeah man, Its 100% the injection. I get them by assisting with my legs, always done, zero problem. This fucking sucks.

Nerve issues yeah .. Is there any cure for it, something u can get from the doc? Or do u just have to wait it out?

Nerve issues yeah .. Is there any cure for it, something u can get from the doc? Or do u just have to wait it out?
    Depends on how bad it is.. go to the docs if your concerned, otherwise wait and no pushing for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduke93 View Post
    Depends on how bad it is.. go to the docs if your concerned, otherwise wait and no pushing for the time being.
    Thanks alot, I will.

Do u happen to know good excercises for chest and shoulders which doesnt involve any/or much pushing? So I can still somewhat keep the muscle I have and maybe add some too given Im on 500mg test.

Thors_Hammer is offline Junior Member
    The easiest way to find new excersizes honestly would be google (or search the forum) and I say that because you are going to need to try the ones you want to do and see if it causes the same issues. Of course everyone here may have their favorites but with your situation you’re going to have to take the time to test and evaluate.
    That’s the great thing about training, no one is prevented from reaching their goals they just have to find the way that works best for them in their situation.

Mox_Ruby is offline New Member

Was there a fever following the redness?

You can get a sterile abcces from a botched injection. Its pretty rare but it can happen. If it ruptures it can cause issues.

If you feel any bumps or lumps over the next few weeks confess to your doctor. Try the b vitamin thing.

No fever mate, but it got a little red and was "swelled", like a lump, for maybe 2-3 days.

1am
    1am is offline New Member
    Go to your local clinic and see if you can get scheduled for an EMG. Annoying thing is youll probly have to wait a couple weeks at least and your condition will probably be improved somewhat in that time but then you can still get it done and maybe learn something so you can prevent it from happening again. Meanwhile you know all of the other supplements and shit you can take to help improve nerve regeneration. Ive had some wierd nerve impingement stuff happen with my shoulders a few times over some years and its always fully healed (even with no roids or wierd peptides) and so far its always fully healed it just takes a really long ass time (3-4 months) pretty slow annoying process though i do alot of stuff wrong so give it 2-3 months and do lighter stuff get blood in there.
    Last edited by 1am; 08-17-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Thanks alot, I will.

Do u happen to know good excercises for chest and shoulders which doesnt involve any/or much pushing? So I can still somewhat keep the muscle I have and maybe add some too given Im on 500mg test.
    Isolation work e.g pec decs/flys, machines (hopefully your gym has some decent hammer smith machines or similar... lateral Raises (nothing to heavy)

When I had my injury I found body weight push ups a great exercise to finish on, despite it being a push exercise with your hand positioning you can make it feel “natural” and not fixed.

Main thing is so listen to your body when trying new things any pain/weakness re-arrange your form or move on.

MegaMeatMan is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eduke93 View Post
    Isolation work e.g pec decs/flys, machines (hopefully your gym has some decent hammer smith machines or similar... lateral Raises (nothing to heavy)

When I had my injury I found body weight push ups a great exercise to finish on, despite it being a push exercise with your hand positioning you can make it feel “natural” and not fixed.

Main thing is so listen to your body when trying new things any pain/weakness re-arrange your form or move on.
    Yeah, I've fried a knee. Doing 2x20 @135lb on squats. Then I do 3x @225. When I sit still it starts hurting and can barley get it straightened out. Lol, I'm 57...nature of the beast. I'll lay off legs a few days and ease back into it. Injuries suck!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Eduke93 likes this.

Amuuzen is offline Junior Member
    Go to the Dr. Be truthful. Be healthy.

Thread Information