Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Strength Cycle for Strongman

  1. #1
    Strongmann95 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6

    Strength Cycle for Strongman

    Iíve got a world stage qualifying show coming up and Iím wondering what you guys think of this cycle.

    Test E 500mg a week
    Prop 100mg every other day Stop 4 weeks out
    EQ 250mg a week Stop 4 weeks out
    Anadrol 50mg a day stop 4 weeks out
    Tren E 250mg a week 6 weeks out
    Halo 10mg a day last two weeks

  2. #2
    The God Himself is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    77
    Why would you run a long ester such as EQ when you’re going to stop after 4 weeks? And the orals you’ll take are known to be hard on liver. Do you have any plans for liver protection like NAC, TUDCA?
    Doesn’t seem like a good cycle to me, at all.

  3. #3
    Strongmann95 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by The God Himself View Post
    Why would you run a long ester such as EQ when you’re going to stop after 4 weeks? And the orals you’ll take are known to be hard on liver. Do you have any plans for liver protection like NAC, TUDCA?
    Doesn’t seem like a good cycle to me, at all. Yeah
    I do have liver support but I’m definitely weary of the orals especially since I’ve been treating my hypertension lately. I might hold off on orals for this competition. I’m stopping EQ 4 weeks out from the comp not after 4 weeks.

  4. #4
    powerliftmike's Avatar
    powerliftmike is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    gates of hell
    Posts
    5,553
    Have you much experience with Trenbolones? It tends to negatively impact CV capacity quite a bit, which could be a detriment in most strongman events. EQ is fairly weak too. What have you done in the past? Have they announced the events yet?

  5. #5
    Strongmann95 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike View Post
    Have you much experience with Trenbolones? It tends to negatively impact CV capacity quite a bit, which could be a detriment in most strongman events. EQ is fairly weak too. What have you done in the past? Have they announced the events yet?
    Never any experience in Tren . My last cycle was Test e at 500mg a week
    EQ 250 mg a week
    DBol 25 mg a day until 2 weeks out then 50mg

    My events are:
    Max Deadlift
    880 lbs yoke for 40ft
    Sandbag race, 3-275 lbs bags
    300 lbs log clean and press for reps
    Stone run up to 180kg

  6. #6
    Strongmann95 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongmann95 View Post
    My last cycle was Test e at 500mg a week
    EQ 250 mg a week
    DBol 25 mg a day until 2 weeks out then 50mg
    I guess I should add this will be my second cycle ever.

  7. #7
    powerliftmike's Avatar
    powerliftmike is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    gates of hell
    Posts
    5,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongmann95 View Post
    Never any experience in Tren . My last cycle was Test e at 500mg a week
    EQ 250 mg a week
    DBol 25 mg a day until 2 weeks out then 50mg

    My events are:
    Max Deadlift
    880 lbs yoke for 40ft
    Sandbag race, 3-275 lbs bags
    300 lbs log clean and press for reps
    Stone run up to 180kg
    I would suggest trying tren during some off season training when a contest is not imminent. In other words, leave it out. If you respond like most to it, it will make the 400kg yoke, the sandbags, and stone run more difficult. Not sure if you want to add in EQ for the appetite stimulation benefit or red blood cell boost? If it were me I would pass on it.

    Out of your originally proposed cycle I think you will be very happy just raising the testosterone (either enthanate, prop, or both) and the anadrol . Let's say you have 10 weeks to prep: start with the testosterone and then at the end of cycle (month prior) add in anadrol. The anadrol will give you a little extra bulk and really boost up the hemoglobin and raise your work capacity to fly through the events. Orals are really best used for quick near-contest strength gains.

  8. #8
    Strongmann95 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike View Post
    I would suggest trying tren during some off season training when a contest is not imminent. In other words, leave it out. If you respond like most to it, it will make the 400kg yoke, the sandbags, and stone run more difficult. Not sure if you want to add in EQ for the appetite stimulation benefit or red blood cell boost? If it were me I would pass on it.

    Out of your originally proposed cycle I think you will be very happy just raising the testosterone (either enthanate, prop, or both) and the anadrol. Let's say you have 10 weeks to prep: start with the testosterone and then at the end of cycle (month prior) add in anadrol. The anadrol will give you a little extra bulk and really boost up the hemoglobin and raise your work capacity to fly through the events. Orals are really best used for quick near-contest strength gains.
    Awesome. Thank you for your input, this is exactly what I’m looking for. I’m not coming here claiming to know everything and the people helping me haven’t worked with strongmen much haha.

    What do you think for Halo? In or out? And should I test tren with ace or e?

  9. #9
    lightitup's Avatar
    lightitup is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    67
    Why not try NPP if your worried about joint pains, you get crazy strength of that


    Quote Originally Posted by Strongmann95 View Post
    Iíve got a world stage qualifying show coming up and Iím wondering what you guys think of this cycle.

    Test E 500mg a week
    Prop 100mg every other day Stop 4 weeks out
    EQ 250mg a week Stop 4 weeks out
    Anadrol 50mg a day stop 4 weeks out
    Tren E 250mg a week 6 weeks out
    Halo 10mg a day last two weeks

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •