Thread: Injection Speed

jimk1692 is offline New Member

Injection Speed

How quickly do you guys inject your oil? I've always done it slow and steady, but I've seen others just jab and press it quickly.

upperhandy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimk1692 View Post
    How quickly do you guys inject your oil? I've always done it slow and steady, but I've seen others just jab and press it quickly.
    You watch people inject?

Quote Originally Posted by upperhandy View Post
    You watch people inject?
    Not physically seen haha I meant it in the sense that I've read it. Should've clarified

maybe 3-5 seconds to insert the needle and maybe 15-20 seconds to inject a cc

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    I've always injected around that speed, maybe a bit slower. Noticed it's smoother and less soreness (if I even get it anymore). Quads can be a bitch at times

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    I've always injected around that speed, maybe a bit slower. Noticed it's smoother and less soreness (if I even get it anymore). Quads can be a bitch at times
    I go super slow on insertion as I use quads exclusive mostly.

I've hit those nerve clusters, and going slow, I just push straight past them.

If fast it would be a twitchy jerky mess

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    I go super slow on insertion as I use quads exclusive mostly.

I've hit those nerve clusters, and going slow, I just push straight past them.

If fast it would be a twitchy jerky mess
    I know exactly what you're talking about! I don't jab quickly with quads, whereas glute I'll go in faster. I rotate but mainly pin quads also. Appreciate the feedback

Also I've had nurses inject me with things with stitches and shit like that even with testosterone it's different when you're not in control of the needle before your mind can't even process what's going on it's in an over with and you're in control of that movement it's a lot different if you know what I mean which I think you do

waltr64 is offline Junior Member
    My doc told me to inject the oil slow for less damage to the muscle. I have found that the thicker the oil the more important it seems to be. Recently I have came across some very light oils that will even go through an insulin needle but the truth will tell with blood work in the morning with results next week. I used my quads for a few years then switched to my gluts now with this thin stuff I have been ding my delts and all seems good so far. Also, found that if I leave the needle in for a few seconds before pulling out slowly it seems to reduce the chance of bleeding.

SocioMachiavelli is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm a student psych nurse... We are taught to inject 1ml in ten seconds.. However in practice some people just jam it in, it shouldn't come back out if you have Z-tracked properly.

Quote Originally Posted by waltr64 View Post
    My doc told me to inject the oil slow for less damage to the muscle. I have found that the thicker the oil the more important it seems to be. Recently I have came across some very light oils that will even go through an insulin needle but the truth will tell with blood work in the morning with results next week. I used my quads for a few years then switched to my gluts now with this thin stuff I have been ding my delts and all seems good so far. Also, found that if I leave the needle in for a few seconds before pulling out slowly it seems to reduce the chance of bleeding.
    Aspirating before injecting and Z tracking really reduce the chance of bleeding. I've done 50 plus injections so far and not had blood from any so far. No doubt I'll get a bad one, one day
    Last edited by SocioMachiavelli; 09-20-2018 at 02:08 PM.

InfectedSquirrel is offline New Member
    Around 30 / 40 seconds. I use 23g Needle.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Quote Originally Posted by SocioMachiavelli View Post
    Asparating before injecting and Z tracking really reduce the chance of bleeding. I've done 50 plus injections so far and not had blood from any so far. No doubt I'll get a bad one, one day
    ”z tracking” ?

upperhandy is offline Member
    Yeah... you pull/slide your skin to one side slightly while injecting then release after you pull the needle out. This way there is not a straight line path for the oil/blood to travel back out the injection path.... correct me if I’m wrong but that’s my understanding

Also use air lock

I use z track n air lock.

Air lock - extra quarter to half cc of air to push oil deep.

As long as you aspirate it's safe.

Quote Originally Posted by i_SLAM_cougars View Post
    ”z tracking” ?
    Quote Originally Posted by upperhandy View Post
    Yeah... you pull/slide your skin to one side slightly while injecting then release after you pull the needle out. This way there is not a straight line path for the oil/blood to travel back out the injection path.... correct me if I’m wrong but that’s my understanding
    That's the premise of it yes, once you release the skin it forms a sort of seal over the injection site which prevents leakage and the oil from entering the subcutaneous tissue

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Slow and steady, no hurries here when it comes to injection time.

Arcānn is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    I always thought insertion was supposed to be fast and injection slow? Though it seems other agree with you

Friggnewtown is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcānn View Post
    I always thought insertion was supposed to be fast and injection slow? Though it seems other agree with you
    It's suppose to be but going slowly is just comfortable. Like others are saying you jab quick in a nerve and it sucks. I've had my butt jiggle a couple times and it hurts as the muscle jumps. Quads suck, you strike a nerve and it feels like a truck hit your leg. Surprisingly slow and steady isn't painful at all. Minus occasionally your skin likes to talk back and is resilient to wanting that needle poke thru. Once your past the skin tho it's sometimes eerie just how smooth a good tip is.

Quote Originally Posted by Friggnewtown View Post
    It's suppose to be but going slowly is just comfortable. Like others are saying you jab quick in a nerve and it sucks. I've had my butt jiggle a couple times and it hurts as the muscle jumps. Quads suck, you strike a nerve and it feels like a truck hit your leg. Surprisingly slow and steady isn't painful at all. Minus occasionally your skin likes to talk back and is resilient to wanting that needle poke thru. Once your past the skin tho it's sometimes eerie just how smooth a good tip is.
    Can you still hit a nerve when you go slowly?

Can you still hit a nerve when you go slowly?
    You can. I've felt it in my quads. It just shakes a bit but I keep pressing slowly until I'm thru and good to go. Like others have said, if you just ram it in, it can hurt like all hell if you strike a nerve at a quick speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Friggnewtown View Post
    I've heard guys spasm and kinking pins

The more I read, the more it sounds like quads are a dangerous place to pin....which sucks because that's my first choice of sites

Friggnewtown is offline Junior Member
    It isn't necessarily dangerous
    I've pinned thru the nerves myself. The needle stops and you almost feel like you can't press the needle in anymore. When you apply more pressure the nerve fights back. You'll get used to it overtime, used to the sensation. Worst case scenario which I've done is you pull out and switch tips. I will admit I started on glutes and it's butter there. However you hit a nerve there and it's the same story, personally if I had to pick I'd rather fight a nerve in my quad over my ass.

Dio you ever hit nerves in delts or triceps? Never known anyone to have a issue there

Dio you ever hit nerves in delts or triceps? Never known anyone to have a issue there
    never pinned in my triceps; delts i've never hit a nerve. i usually only pin delts when im using either test prop, mast prop, or tren ace (extremely rare). just due to the fact that its less oil in the smaller muscle. but it's all preference.

Amuuzen is offline Junior Member
    I'll have to try the Z-track. Have given thousands of shots to others and hundreds to self, but never knew of the Z-track, makes sense though.

I rotate sites always. Quads I just don't like. Odd sensation and hitting a nerve sucks. Butt or shoulders preferred. Cramp while contorting to give a shot to the ass? sucks too.

Testlolblast is offline Associate Member

Smile

Well, in my opinion 4 - 5 sec should be enough to inject 1ml of an oil in a butt.
    Last edited by Testlolblast; 09-24-2018 at 05:57 AM.

Thread Information