• 1 Post By The God Himself
  • 1 Post By Couchlockd
  • 1 Post By Ephemeral
  • 2 Post By ScotchGuard02
  • 1 Post By The God Himself

Thread: AI needed?

AZNIGHTS is offline New Member

AI needed?

I am 6' 3" 205 lbs been lifting off and on for 8 years now. I was recently diagnosed with low test. 310 total Test Estrogen was 27. My endo prescribed me 300mg/week Test cypionate to start. Yes that's right I said 300mg a week. I was in awe that she started me so high. I think I won the doctor lottery. I asked her if that would mess with estrogen levels and she said she will give me Letrozole if it does raise too high. So here I am taking 300mg a week, no AI prescribed yet, and my next bloodwork is not for another 7 weeks. Does this sound right? Shouldn't she have given me an AI at first or do you think she just wants to see where I'm at after 2 months? Just wanted your thought on my situation.

The God Himself is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hello,
    It is a long ester and it will take some time to kick in. And mostly we do precycle and midcycle bloods to see where our E2 is. Midcycle blood is done at 6th week of a 12 wk cycle. Until that time, you can watch for high estrogen sides, like bloating, water retention and nipple sensitivity. If any of above occurs, make an appointment with your endo again.
    It largely depends on the individual that whether someone’s body is prone to high aromatization or not. Do you have an E2 test done? It may give some idea about.
    So yes, you can do 300 mg/wk without an AI depending on your metabolism. I would use 0.25 adex e3d to stay safe anyway, since your dose is a bit high for TRT.
    AZNIGHTS likes this.

I greatly appreciate your feed back and knowledge. Thank you so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZNIGHTS View Post
    I greatly appreciate your feed back and knowledge. Thank you so much!!!
    welcome, best of luck
    AZNIGHTS likes this.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    I am 6' 3" 205 lbs been lifting off and on for 8 years now. I was recently diagnosed with low test. 310 total Test Estrogen was 27. My endo prescribed me 300mg/week Test cypionate to start. Yes that's right I said 300mg a week. I was in awe that she started me so high. I think I won the doctor lottery. I asked her if that would mess with estrogen levels and she said she will give me Letrozole if it does raise too high. So here I am taking 300mg a week, no AI prescribed yet, and my next bloodwork is not for another 7 weeks. Does this sound right? Shouldn't she have given me an AI at first or do you think she just wants to see where I'm at after 2 months? Just wanted your thought on my situation.
    Don't take anything other than what she's giving you

You start an AI behind her back, 1) your bloods will reflect that and you'll miss the chance to get scripted an AI and have to rely on illegal purchase of it.
    2) she may get pissed and drop you all together
    3) she might be cool with it and still write you script.

But why chance it.
    AZNIGHTS likes this.

Great advice. Thank You!!! Ill give her a call if I notice any sides. You guys are truly awesome Thank You!!

Ephemeral is offline Associate Member
    300mg a week is way too high for a starting TRT dose. Usually ppl start with 100, and even that is too much for some (like me). 300 is not sustainable long term and it's almost certain imo that you'll need an AI, especially if you inject once a week so you have a hormonal roller coaster. Your doc doesn't know what she's doing, and you should either find a new doc, or take advantage of the scripted 300 and bank most of it for a later blast, if you're interested in that.

Also you might want to find out the cause of your low T, it's usually impossible to know but worth trying before you start pinning for the rest of your life.

Please read this:

https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...rting-trt.html
    AZNIGHTS likes this.

300mg/wk Test seems high but then again, you are under the guidance of an endo. Just run the dose recommended by your endo and contact her immediately if you feel a small lump behind your nipples. It may not be a good idea to self medicate while under an endo supervision since the endo will get mixed results and could get confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    300mg a week is way too high for a starting TRT dose. Usually ppl start with 100, and even that is too much for some (like me). 300 is not sustainable long term and it's almost certain imo that you'll need an AI, especially if you inject once a week so you have a hormonal roller coaster. Your doc doesn't know what she's doing, and you should either find a new doc, or take advantage of the scripted 300 and bank most of it for a later blast, if you're interested in that.

Also you might want to find out the cause of your low T, it's usually impossible to know but worth trying before you start pinning for the rest of your life.

Please read this:

https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...rting-trt.html
    I thought that was way too high as well. We will see what the labs show in 7 weeks. Thank you for your feedback and for the link. Greatly appreciate it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    300mg/wk Test seems high but then again, you are under the guidance of an endo. Just run the dose recommended by your endo and contact her immediately if you feel a small lump behind your nipples. It may not be a good idea to self medicate while under an endo supervision since the endo will get mixed results and could get confused.
    Greatly appreciate your feedback as well. Great advice! Thank you Everyone!

It is great for you to be that curious. This is the only way to learn. Many people here are willing to help and share their knowledge without expecting anything in return.
    This is what I love most in this board.
    AZNIGHTS likes this.

carvv is offline New Member
    I would not worry about an AI on 300 mg. If you have low test, there's even less reason to worry, as 300 mg probably pushes you just past the "normal" range but not into a level where you'll see gyno IMO. I have taken 500 mg of Test with no AI and experienced no gyno, just crazy mood swings but everyone is different.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Don't take anything other than what she's giving you

You start an AI behind her back, 1) your bloods will reflect that and you'll miss the chance to get scripted an AI and have to rely on illegal purchase of it.
    2) she may get pissed and drop you all together
    3) she might be cool with it and still write you script.

But why chance it.
    I agree, see how it goes, and get a pharmaceutical Ai if one is needed. Are you self injecting, or do you have to fo get it from her weekly?

Quote Originally Posted by guitarzan View Post
    I agree, see how it goes, and get a pharmaceutical Ai if one is needed. Are you self injecting, or do you have to fo get it from her weekly?
    Self Injecting. I am going to start twice a week next week. Monday Evening and Friday morning.

Thread Information