KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member

Hairloss question...

Have a question guys: I just completed a cycle that included:
    dbol 25mg/day weeks 1-4
    Sustanon 750mg/week weeks 1-12
    I have no hairloss as of now. So is it safe to assume that I am NOT genetically predisposed for Male pattern baldness?

Not necessarily. What's your age?

20 years old

Quote Originally Posted by aXe
    20 years old
    I'll let someone else give you the "you're too young" speech, although I'll agree with everything they say. At 20, even with a hefty cycle under your belt, it's still too early to say for sure that you're not susceptible to MPB.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    No, you are still young to start to get MPB.

I know bro and I appreciate the concern...I guess I just got a little impatient but I will say I researched a lot. Anyways, Will this cycle affect my hair in the longrun, assuming I don't run anymore cycles? ALso, Im under the impression that MPB runs in the mothers side of the family...is this correct?

I know bro and I appreciate the concern...I guess I just got a little impatient but I will say I researched a lot. Anyways, Will this cycle affect my hair in the longrun, assuming I don't run anymore cycles? ALso, Im under the impression that MPB runs in the mothers side of the family...is this correct?
    Yes, mom's side of the family, but MPB can show itself at anytime. If you're that worried about hairloss, look into the hairloss prevention cycles some guys run. Do a search on hairloss, and you'll get lots to read.

yeah I actually started my cucle running proscar @2.5MG/day but ran out about 3 weeks into the cycle. Ive checked my moms side and there doesnt seem to be a MPB problem but Im just a little paranoid about it.

yeah I actually started my cucle running proscar @2.5MG/day but ran out about 3 weeks into the cycle. Ive checked my moms side and there doesnt seem to be a MPB problem but Im just a little paranoid about it.
    No problem. Next family gathering just be sure to check all the melons on mom's side of the family to set your mind at ease

thanks for the help einstein.

fitnessNY "No, you are still young to start to get MPB". Acutally I have a buddy that started balding at about 19 and has a far receeding hairline at 23.

TooSmall is offline Associate Member
    19 is definatly not too young for receding hairline
    a guy in my highschool was pretty much completely bald at the age of 19

i have the same concern as you, and i think i will probably go bald

i dont care if i go bald when im over 30, but id prefer to not until then

Hell i dont want to go bald ever! lol. Im hoping by the time Im in my 30's or40's science will have made major advancement in stopping hairloss.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Quote Originally Posted by TooSmall
    i dont care if i go bald when im over 30, but id prefer to not until then
    When you are 31 you will hope you don't go bald until you are 50+

Believe me if you are in your mid thirties and have an ok head of hair you have some chance with women 23-29, if your bald you better have one hell of a nice shaped head and a great personality or you will be out of luck.

Oh... or a boat load of money!

Quote Originally Posted by scottp999
    Believe me if you are in your mid thirties and have an ok head of hair you have some chance with women 23-29, if your bald you better have one hell of a nice shaped head and a great personality or you will be out of luck.

Oh... or a boat load of money!
    Whew!

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Most people that have a genetic predisposition for MPB will lose hair at the temples beginning at puberty. With a strong genetic predisposition, if androgens are present, hairloss will occur. The only factor is how fast. Even without a predisposition, steroids can cause hair loss so keep an eye on it.

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    Bro, I'd just keep an eye on your hair and try to relax about it. If you start to lose it you are young and you have options that will slow down or stop the hair loss. What should you look for you ask? Look for heavy shedding i.e. handfulls of hair falling out at a time, lots of hair in the drain after your shower, and check your pillows to see if it looks like there is more hair on them then pre-cycle. Also, check your hairline and the crown area of your head for hair loss. I would think that if you were really sensitive to MPB you would have had some shedding on your cycle. Again, just keep an eye on it and if it looks like you are thinning start a hair loss treatment right away. It is believed the sooner you start your treatment the better your odds of keeping your hair in the long run. Here are a few treatment options that work for most people -

Rogaine - 2 x per day. Unknown how it works. Rogaine helps with hair regrowth and increases the size of the hair follicles.

Propecia - 1mg pill per day. Blocks type I 5-alpha-reductase enzyme. This drug alone is effective for a lot of people.

Avodart - .5mg pill ED or EOD depending on how well it works. Powerful DHT blocking drug. Blocks both type I and type II 5-alpha-reductase enzymes.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    If you have fine hair, it's best to use a transparent shampoo (sometimes called "clarifying") to keep the scalp clean. This sort of shampoo rinses off better than creamy shampoos. You want to use a shampoo that rinses clean so that it doesn't clog up the hair folicule and make things difficult for the hair-growing process. You want to avoid gels for the same reason. If you really have to put something on your hair, use a bit of hair spray and keep it off your skin.
    Oh yah, it helps to massage the scalp a few times through the day to stimulate blood flow and get things working . . .
    -Tock

thanks for the help guys

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    You can get finasteride at liquid reseach labs on line for good prices no prescription...

Thread Information