Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By

Thread: Extending cycle because of weak gains

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member

Extending cycle because of weak gains

Going into week 9 and I’ve seen very little results. As per my other thread, blood work shows Total test at almost 2000 ng/dL and free test 40-something. Everything else on bloodwork is normal. Thinking of just giving blood in a couple of weeks and then continuing the cycle until week 20. Then down to 150mg a week.

If everything stays in range, good idea or no?
    Obs likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    are you on TRT , or were you going to PCT?

I’m going into TRT as my levels before this we’re mid 400’s and I’m 32.

Arcânn is offline Associate Member
    Is it the total test or the free test that counts in terms of seeing results? If I'm not mistaken, it's free test?

If so, although your total test suggests your gear is very much not bunk, it sounds like your total/free conversion rate is very low. I'm not sure how that conversion rate is affected by being on gear though.

I guess the thing I'm scratching my head about is that even though your total T is through the roof, your free test is only ~ double what my natty level is, and I think you'd need more than that in order to make some really noticeable gains in a relatively short period of time.

But I'm just taking a shot in the dark here! I have no solid evidence to back up anything I'm saying, just kinda going with my gut here

I would simply
    ramp your dosage up to 600mg per week
    add 50mg per day of Proviron
    increase your calories by 500
    increase you sleep by 1 hour per night
    limit your usage of an AI

do that for 6 more weeks and see where your at. I'd imagine with natty T levels in the mid 400s you won't be able to find a doc for your TRT so are you going to self administer ?

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcânn View Post
    Is it the total test or the free test that counts in terms of seeing results? If I'm not mistaken, it's free test?

If so, although your total test suggests your gear is very much not bunk, it sounds like your total/free conversion rate is very low. I'm not sure how that conversion rate is affected by being on gear though.

I guess the thing I'm scratching my head about is that even though your total T is through the roof, your free test is only ~ double what my natty level is, and I think you'd need more than that in order to make some really noticeable gains in a relatively short period of time.

But I'm just taking a shot in the dark here! I have no solid evidence to back up anything I'm saying, just kinda going with my gut here
    Through the roof??...his total suggests 300 mg of pharm ew which explains why the gains are tiny.
    Beginners dose should be 500 and if pharm should give 3000 even with a heavy ester.

Sent fra min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk

Arcânn is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AR's Dr.Silabolin View Post
    Through the roof??...his total suggests 300 mg of pharm ew which explains why the gains are tiny.
    Beginners dose should be 500 and if pharm should give 3000 even with a heavy ester.

Sent fra min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk
    I meant "through the roof" as in, compared to natty levels, especially his levels, which I think went up ~5X from the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    I would simply
    ramp your dosage up to 600mg per week
    add 50mg per day of Proviron
    increase your calories by 500
    increase you sleep by 1 hour per night
    limit your usage of an AI

do that for 6 more weeks and see where your at. I'd imagine with natty T levels in the mid 400s you won't be able to find a doc for your TRT so are you going to self administer ?
    My SHGB is already low, so I don’t think taking proviron would be a good idea. Any steroid you recommend besides test? I am prone to high blood pressure so I don’t want anything to mess up my cardiovascular system any more than test already does. Seems like all the good stuff is bad (EQ, masteron , etc.)

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Going into week 9 and I’ve seen very little results. As per my other thread, blood work shows Total test at almost 2000 ng/dL and free test 40-something. Everything else on bloodwork is normal. Thinking of just giving blood in a couple of weeks and then continuing the cycle until week 20. Then down to 150mg a week.

If everything stays in range, good idea or no?
    Based on the numbers, and the fact that you mentioned SHBG is low, I can't think of any reason you're not making gains aside from your diet not being sufficient OR your training isn't forcing an adaptive response. And as GH touched on your sleep could def be a factor here.

What progress HAVE you made, though, if any? Maybe your expectations aren't realistic....Idk bro but you most def SHOULD be growing with test levels around 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    My SHGB is already low, so I don’t think taking proviron would be a good idea. Any steroid you recommend besides test? I am prone to high blood pressure so I don’t want anything to mess up my cardiovascular system any more than test already does. Seems like all the good stuff is bad (EQ, masteron, etc.)
    your missing the point of why I suggested Proviron .

its NOT to lower your SHBG . proviron has a strong affinity to SHBG, it will therefore DISPLACE a lot of the Testosterone that you currently have bound and inactive by SHBG . so the proviron will put more Test in your blood stream so it can be used for anabolic purposes.
    you'll get a lot more out of the dosage to test that your taking

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMindz View Post
    Based on the numbers, and the fact that you mentioned SHBG is low, I can't think of any reason you're not making gains aside from your diet not being sufficient OR your training isn't forcing an adaptive response. And as GH touched on your sleep could def be a factor here.

What progress HAVE you made, though, if any? Maybe your expectations aren't realistic....Idk bro but you most def SHOULD be growing with test levels around 2k.
    I have put on maybe 8 lbs but it’s not very noticeable. No strength increase. I was already near 250. Maybe I am expecting too much.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    your missing the point of why I suggested Proviron .

its NOT to lower your SHBG . proviron has a strong affinity to SHBG, it will therefore DISPLACE a lot of the Testosterone that you currently have bound and inactive by SHBG . so the proviron will put more Test in your blood stream so it can be used for anabolic purposes.
    you'll get a lot more out of the dosage to test that your taking
    Ok I see what you mean. I’m not very familiar with proviron, and I’m at work so can’t research much. Any downsides to it?

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    8 lean pounds is good and we have to assume some of that is water, so let's say 4 pounds of new muscle tissue....That's a lot man.

The lack of strength increase is strange, though. We'd have to dig into your diet and training to find out what's going on.

Proviron is a good addition to any cycle IMO, especially if one is gonna be running any 19nor derivatives as it has a nice blunting effect on prolactin, but will also reduce circulating estrogen which will allow you to take less AI which is good cause AI's have a negative effect on blood lipids so we don't wanna overdo it on those...

Lastly, and I'm not sure if it has this effect soley due to lowering SHBG, but proviron WILL free up more test and make cycles more effective (also at work and can't do much research lol)

My diet is ok - as in, I'm getting plenty of food and protein in particular. I posted in the other thread what a typical day looks like.

What I can say is I have a layer of fat over my abdomen so, for example, when I look at your pic, that's the kind of cuts I would expect getting on gear - but I know realistically it comes down to diet. I was just expecting a more pronounced shredding effect than I'm seeing. Like I said, I can feel my shirts getting tighter but it's so subtle that I don't notice much in the mirror. I will say I look a little thicker all around but especially the neck and traps.

My estradiol is pretty low right now at 49 (8-35) and I'm taking .5 mg/week of Arimidex . Gear recommended in the other thread to maybe stop taking the AI altogether since low estrogen can also hinder gains. Today I was supposed to take my dose and skipped - maybe I should wait to get some Nolvadex first...

Thread Information