Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: Test and type 2

Mac75 is offline New Member

Test and type 2

So three weeks into a first cycle of test cyp I went for my quarterly hba1c for type 2 diabetes and it came back high was told that as it produces more red blood cells it could have had an effect. Any help appreciated

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    testosterone can play a very minor role in glucose metabolism.

but keep this in mind. a quarterly A1c is taking average blood sugar over a period of time of 12 weeks (correct ?). you are only 3 weeks into a test CYP cycle, and test cyp is a very long ester and is barely kicking in at this point. theres no way the test cyp has had much effect on anything at this point, especially a dramatic increase in RBC (that takes time).

I'm guessing your diet has changed with the idea that you were going to begin running test and the diet has effected the test results , not the tiny bit of test cyp for a very short irrelevant amount of time, imo.

theres lots of studies on testosterone use and T2d. the findings generally never show much concern one way or the other (good or bad)
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 10-26-2018 at 09:59 AM.
    ScotchGuard02 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac75 View Post
    So three weeks into a first cycle of test cyp I went for my quarterly hba1c for type 2 diabetes and it came back high was told that as it produces more red blood cells it could have had an effect. Any help appreciated
    If you're running short ester'd Test, there's a good chance that your body's created a lot of additional red blood cells. The glucose binds itself to the hemoglobin in the blood so there is a good possibility the HbA1c test can be skewed while on a Test cycle.

The thing I have been researching and have not been able to find a valid answer. If you eat food with carbs you will produce glucose. To make the scenario simple, let's say that eating a certain volume of food produce a certain level of glucose. If you are not cycling, your set number of red blood cells will bind with the glucose. If you are on cycle, you will have more red blood cells so those hemoglobin will bind with a set number of glucose.

The question I have been searching for an answer is: "Does each hemoglobin in the red blood cell bind with a certain level of glucose (saturation of glucose in the hemoglobin)" If yes, then the more red blood cells you have the higher the glucose saturation and thus higher HbA1c number. If no, then regardless of the amount of red blood cells, there should be a constant HbA1c number.

Since your Hb1Ac number has changed and you are on a cycle, I am assuming that the greater the number of red blood cells, the higher the Hb1Ac number.

In that case, you can donate blood and drink a lot of water to try and lower your hemoglobin level. That in turn should lower your Hb1Ac number.
    GearHeaded likes this.

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    What’s your BF percentage?

Thread Information