Farmer is offline Member

** Question regarding Joints and AAS **

Wussup bros'

First off, this question is regarding a friend of mine who is 19 and his battle with joint problems (mainly shoulder). He has gone to numerous doctors and the conclusion is something along the lines of this....In his younger days he was really into flexible sports (i.e. gymnastics, dance..etc) and he was very flexible, especially his ligaments. When he started weightlifting he put on mass very quickly (no AAS just a typical mesomorph) and in a sense now, with all that mass his body is to "Flimsy" to hold it all. Because of the sports in his youth his ligaments are not strong enough....This is the explanation he got from some speciaists, he went to a doctor that was in the sports medicine field so the doctor understood where my friend was coming from and not just another ignorant anti-bodybuilding prick.....Anyhow...

Now the question....I know deca will "mask" the joint pains and problems, however, are there any AAS that will help heal his joints in anyway?? It's not only the shoulder but other parts as well, its ligaments and muscles, especially in the 4 rotator cuff muscles. Any, sugesstions and comments to help resolve this are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Farmer
    Last edited by Farmer; 02-25-2003 at 03:57 PM.

Billmister is offline Member
    Well i don't know about "mask" but i do know deca works very good for joints. I had joint problems on my shoulder. Everytime i would bench to much weight it would feel like my bone is scratching against each other. He can try Glucosamine. That's good for joint pains. Also i hear from a friend at the gym that i think fish oil is good. something like that, but Deca does work. It worked on me and the joint pain never cam back.

enhanced is offline Junior Member
    just my 2 cents but if its a ligament problem using aas and putting on mass will only make it worse.. iv heard of people using tension cables and other exercises to work the tendions to get them up to par with the so to say with the bulk muscle mass.. i could be completely off though.

enhanced is offline Junior Member
    i agree with billmister that deca is great with pain but in my opinion its more of a "lubricant" and im not so sure if that will help with the ligiments

Farmer is offline Member
    Sweet, thanks for the replies...I should've mentioned more info in the original post but I didn't want to overwhelm anyone...First off, he has been taking glucosmaine/chondroitin for awhile now, but the pain is still there...Secondly, I was just searching before I posted and a lot of the posts I came across referred to Deca as just a "mask" for pain and not really helping the problem in the long-run. Please more suggestion/comments

Again thanks for the replies...

Farmer is offline Member
    Bump

bump

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It sounds like he needs Physical therapy and joint strengthening exercises.

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    Msm supposedly helps too. I have the same problem and take glucosamine, chronditin and msm and it's helping out a LOT.

bowser is offline Associate Member
    what does msm stand for?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Deca "will" only mask the pain. It has to do with the water you retain while on helps lubricate the joint, but in reality if it's injured, you'll only be aggrevating it even more. I agree with Rickson on this....he needs physical therapy and to stay away from AS.

Farmer is offline Member
    Its been awhile for the responses and since then he has started AS and dislocated both shoulders....

Just kidding, the help is really appreciated....thanks!!

Mr.gH is offline Associate Member
    Finally someone else who has my same problems. My parents and grandparents all suffer from bad joint problems, and since I started lifting its only accelerated my joint problems. I've tried The joint supps, with no success. From what I've read Deca loads ya up with water, making your joints more lubricated, thus preventing the normal friction. But what of post cycle?> OR when you aren't on cycle? There must be something, that someone on this board has tried and succeeded with.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Borrage Oil at 1000 mg's 2x a day helps with artritist. I used and still am using the borrage oil. I needed because I was running winny and my joints were sore. This cleared it up in about a week. I agree with Rickson also but I think the oil will help out.

Here's a link with some info and uses for borrage oil:
    http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshel...,10072,00.html

Thread Information