Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By EDCG19
  • 1 Post By gb123
  • 1 Post By EDCG19

Thread: DHT hair loss

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member

DHT hair loss

Any way to stop this ? Been on DHT blockers for some time now, less than six months and doesn't look to be slowing down the hair loss. It runs in my family as well so its genetic but any other ways to regrow hair with rogaine?
    I'm starting on the rogaine stuff pretty soon and still taking DHT blockers but doesn't seem to work? Too much test/DHT in my system or is it really all genetic?
    Yes, I'm not trying to go bald in my 30s

I have also heard DHT blockers aren't good for you anyway since DHT is needed anything else i can do? Or wear a rug when its time?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Did you cycle?

Chrisp83TRT is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goalinmind View Post
    Any way to stop this ? Been on DHT blockers for some time now, less than six months and doesn't look to be slowing down the hair loss. It runs in my family as well so its genetic but any other ways to regrow hair with rogaine?
    I'm starting on the rogaine stuff pretty soon and still taking DHT blockers but doesn't seem to work? Too much test/DHT in my system or is it really all genetic?

I have also heard DHT blockers aren't good for you anyway since DHT is needed anything else i can do? Or wear a rug when its time?
    I look at it like this ... you are on TRT I assume , why would you want to take dht blockers ? We are taking hormones that increase dht...
    We are all mostly in for the lovely hair going bye bye...
    I’ve been dealing the thinning hair since my early 20’s that I link to accutane use ( that’s right brothers , it fucks with hair loss )
    Most guys in this lifestyle basically crew cut it lol .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Google "post finasteride syndrome"...

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Did you cycle?
    Only Test E
    I've ran up to 350mg per week with three injections total of 8 weeks
    Basically I have plenty of gear on hand but not running anything other than Test for now
    Been on TRT for 2 years now, ran highest up to 350 split into three injections per week and it was incredible but did have some issues
    RBC too high, way to high than normal
    Aggression/paranoia through the roof on those doses to be honest so I dropped it back down to 150per week
    I'm sticking to TRT only for now

My goals aren't to be super jacked anyway so not what I'm trying to go for

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisp83TRT View Post
    I look at it like this ... you are on TRT I assume , why would you want to take dht blockers ? We are taking hormones that increase dht...
    We are all mostly in for the lovely hair going bye bye...
    I’ve been dealing the thinning hair since my early 20’s that I link to accutane use ( that’s right brothers , it fucks with hair loss )
    Most guys in this lifestyle basically crew cut it lol .

Yea I know, I had some other guys comment on another board and say its ridiclous to stop DHT since it is needed and crucial to have in your system
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.

Yea I know, I had some other guys comment on another board and say its ridiclous to stop DHT since it is needed and crucial to have in your system
    The whole “damned if you I do, damned if I don’t” plays a part here. You can never win , you just have to weight out the pros and cons and ask yourself which one you go with.

Life in a nut shell

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisp83TRT View Post
    The whole “damned if you I do, damned if I don’t” plays a part here. You can never win , you just have to weight out the pros and cons and ask yourself which one you go with.

Life in a nut shell

Ok, you run DHT blockers or no?
    Would you say there's no need to run dht blockers since you're going to lose your hair anyway?

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    something to ponder--

- most men begin to bald as they age.
    - most men's testosterone levels decline as they age

hmmm

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    You mean over the counter dht blockers or the real deal such as finastride?
    I take fina for my hair and it works. My hair is alot thicker since i started dabbling with it. And none of the symptons everyone fears of have ever surfaced for me. In fact, i think it actually increased my libido. Ive come off of it for months and never noticed issues either. Since we cycle our dht is probably really high anyway, i bet my levels are still within normal while using fina. Last few blood panels i did didnt include dht

gb123 is offline New Member
    Knew someone who went on dht blockers and he ended up with gyno, wasn't using steroids he was just obsessed with not losing his hair lol.
    Long story short of it he ended up having surgery for gyno in the end, don't mess with this shit imo.
    If you thinking of taking gear you need to weigh up the potential pros and cons and go with what you think is the best option.
    Being bald ain't all that bad anyways.

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    You mean over the counter dht blockers or the real deal such as finastride?
    I take fina for my hair and it works. My hair is alot thicker since i started dabbling with it. And none of the symptons everyone fears of have ever surfaced for me. In fact, i think it actually increased my libido. Ive come off of it for months and never noticed issues either. Since we cycle our dht is probably really high anyway, i bet my levels are still within normal while using fina. Last few blood panels i did didnt include dht
    Shit, I have fin, DHT blockers and I just probably wasted money but I just bought some Minoxidil for a 6 month supply
    I just noticed a few days ago its falling out even more now and I'm not trying to go full on bald fuck just yet. Probably dumb but I'm trying to keep that youthful hair for as long as i can
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    are you taking an AI with your TRT ?

Ok, you run DHT blockers or no?
    Would you say there's no need to run dht blockers since you're going to lose your hair anyway?
    I wouldn’t run dht blockers ... if I lose anymore hair , I’ll just Jason staton it !

To take a dht hormone and then take a dht blockers would be counter productive ... my health and muscles mean more to me , esp that I know my hair will go bye bye

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post

Order this from "Defy Medical"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2202.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	174915Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2203.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	174916

Or, you can google the info on this bottle, get it organized in a presentable, bring it to your GP and have him write you a script. You want about 6 which should last about 7-8 months (the studies were six months at this dosage). If you do it this way you'll save about 60% (approx $50, total/per bottle). The shave your head and apply over the duration to the areas and around the region of concern (it is much easier to apply and you will save on the amount if you shave your head).
    It is a topical DHT blocker (finasteride) that only works at the site of application which is combined with latanaprost (the active ingredient in the stuff women put on their eye lids to make eyelashes fuller and longer).

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Also, I now take a low dose of Finasteride to combat the possibility of BPH. I started this after hearing it from the other members, such as Almost Gone, Gear Headed and KelKel.

Thread Information