Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By balance

Thread: Mg/lb Testosterone Dosage

Family_guy is offline Senior Member

Mg/lb Testosterone Dosage

I’ve been thinking a lot about this one size fits all standard first cycle test dosage of 500mg/week. I’m sure most drugs have a standard dosage based of off body weight for example 1mg/lb of body weight.

So with that hypothetical drug at that dose a 200lb man would need 200mg and a 150lb guy would need 150mg.

So my logic is basically that a 150lb guy doesn’t need the same dose of test that a 200lb guy would, all other things being equal. My question would be is there a standard testosterone Doseage based off of body weight ie mg/lb?

Hope that question made sense

The God Himself is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The dosage differences will be so small that we simply ignore it.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    theres a lot of other variables that go into this then just body weight. how the individual metabolizes the drug may be totally different then another individual.
    example - I'm a 200+ pound Irish guy. I can drink an entire bottle of whisky in one sitting and still function. my neighbor is 280 pounds and in that one sitting he would pass out after a few shots or get sick.

I run a gram of deca a gram of test and 60mg of dbol a day, and only put on like 5-7 pounds. other guys would blow up from that much gear.
    and its not cause of body weight, its lots of other factors
    Obs, Family_guy, balance and 1 others like this.

yes there are many factors that go into it.
    but...
    body weight is one of them.

More bodyweight means more blood.
    More blood means more more medication needed to get to the same test levels.

For a first cycle, I would definitely start a 250lb guy on more test than I would a 150lb guy.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Bout 10
    Get some!

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    yes there are many factors that go into it.
    but...
    body weight is one of them.

More bodyweight means more blood.
    More blood means more more medication needed to get to the same test levels.

For a first cycle, I would definitely start a 250lb guy on more test than I would a 150lb guy.
    what about a 250 pound Woman, compared to a 150 pound man ?

see just by me asking that simple question, and swapping a vagina out with a penis shows how many much more important other variables there are then just body weight

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    what about a 250 pound Woman, compared to a 150 pound man ?

see just by me asking that simple question, and swapping a vagina out with a penis shows how many much more important other variables there are then just body weight
    I understand there are many variables. That’s why I was asking if all other things were equal in a hypothetical situation would you agree that a 200 lb guy would need more than a 150lb guy

Thank you guys for the responses by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Family_guy View Post
    I understand there are many variables. That’s why I was asking if all other things were equal in a hypothetical situation would you agree that a 200 lb guy would need more than a 150lb guy
    yes.

but again that hypothetical situation probably does not exist in reality. eg., if your 150 pound guy genetically has more androgen receptors then the 200 pound guy, he is going to be able to put more AAS to use even though he is physically smaller
    Obs likes this.

yes.

but again that hypothetical situation probably does not exist in reality. eg., if your 150 pound guy genetically has more androgen receptors then the 200 pound guy, he is going to be able to put more AAS to use even though he is physically smaller
    Gotcha. So my next question would be what dose do you personally recommend for a first cycle of test?

the average first cycle dosage of test I like to see is 400mg.

on a side note- I'm one of the few guys here that advocate the 'option' of not doing a test only cycle as a first cycle. there are quite a few more user friendly compounds out there to start with then just test, have more anabolic strength, and less side effects.
    having said that, I still believe in using test at at least a replacement dose (150mg per week) even if your first cycle is say Winstrol , or Primo or something like that.
    balance likes this.

400mg of test is exactly what I wanted do for my first cycle sometime next year.

the average first cycle dosage of test I like to see is 400mg.

on a side note- I'm one of the few guys here that advocate the 'option' of not doing a test only cycle as a first cycle. there are quite a few more user friendly compounds out there to start with then just test, have more anabolic strength, and less side effects.
    having said that, I still believe in using test at at least a replacement dose (150mg per week) even if your first cycle is say Winstrol, or Primo or something like that.
    Which compounds specifically are you referring to as being more anabolic and less sides for first cycle? Winstrol or primo?

Keep in mind my goal for first cycle would be bulking. From what i understand about primo and winstrol they aren’t great bulking steroids

balance is offline Associate Member
    example - I'm a 200+ pound Irish guy. I can drink an entire bottle of whisky in one sitting and still function. my neighbor is 280 pounds and in that one sitting he would pass out after a few shots or get sick.

I run a gram of deca a gram of test and 60mg of dbol a day, and only put on like 5-7 pounds. other guys would blow up from that much gear.
    and its not cause of body weight, its lots of other factors
    Love the analogy as I too am a 200 lb Irish guy, however given that same brew of whiskey and gear i could end up David Banner or passed out in a bowl of me lucky charms.
    GearHeaded likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by balance View Post
    Love the analogy as I too am a 200 lb Irish guy, however given that same brew of whiskey and gear i could end up David Banner or passed out in a bowl of me lucky charms.
    Hahahaha that’s funny!

Thread Information