Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By Mlreynol9
  • 3 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Donating Blood

wizzy is offline Junior Member

Donating Blood

So I am aware that donating blood is a good idea when/if your RBC count or Hematocrit levels come out high. Now on a 8 week cycle of test prop, blood work should be carried out 5 weeks so should RBC count or hematocrit levels be a concern early on into a cycle (3-4 weeks).

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    your RBC is supposed to get elevated, this is one of the benefits of using AAS. RBC and hematocrit levels do not become a concern on a single cycle (like I say, they are supposed to go up). the concern is IF the levels stay high chronically over months and months even coming off of AAS.
    a simple 8 week cycle it shouldn't be a concern and theres no need to donate blood.

its like going to a doc while on 500mg of test and the doc finds super elevated androgen levels on your blood work and is concerned. . well shit your taking test to get those super elevated levels in the first place !
    Steroids were designed to increase RBC. if your RBC doesn't get elevated, your not getting the full benefits or perhaps your dose is very light or gear is under dosed.
    again, high RBC is not something you should be concerned with. its something you should expect while on cycle to a certain degree.
    part of a high levels bodybuilders contest prep is to make sure he has elevated RBC and hematocrit levels going into his show. to the point where they will add drugs like EPO to their steroid stacks, which is simply to increase RBC and nothing more
    wizzy and Couchlockd like this.

Mlreynol9 is offline New Member
    In my experience, it is only required to donate blood while using gear that increases erythropoiesis (new red blood cell production), such as Equipoise . You do this due to the increase in blood volume, which could negatively affect blood pressure by increasing it. Hope this helps.
    wizzy likes this.

Right thank you again guys. All have been very helpful to me with my questions on this forum.

just like everyone online is afraid of estrogen .. it seems like now their is a big scare where everyone is also afraid of RBC/hematocrit while on cycle.
    high RBC during steriod cycles is a benefit and part of what the drugs were designed to do in the first place and is a reason they are prescribed. high RBC has been a part of steroid use for 50+ years.

your not going to suddenly kill over and die from a stroke cause your RBC is elevated on cycle lol

sorry I'm ranting here guys

Quote Originally Posted by Mlreynol9 View Post
    In my experience, it is only required to donate blood while using gear that increases erythropoiesis (new red blood cell production), such as Equipoise. You do this due to the increase in blood volume, which could negatively affect blood pressure by increasing it. Hope this helps.
    Every steroid does this .. EQ is nothing special. Deca , Dbol , Tren , Test, Andarol, etc. etc.. will all increase RBC production as much as or more then EQ will.
    this is what they are designed to do. this is a POSITIVE anabolic and performance benefit these drugs provide. not a negative.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    Every steroid does this .. EQ is nothing special. Deca , Dbol , Tren , Test, Andarol, etc. etc.. will all increase RBC production as much as or more then EQ will.
    this is what they are designed to do. this is a POSITIVE anabolic and performance benefit these drugs provide. not a negative.
    Hey Gear, I tried DMing you something did it come through it's not in my sent is all. Curious if I could pick you brains on AIs.

ok yeah got it
    wizzy likes this.

Ronnoco is offline New Member
    So, if on a cycle of 600 eq and 600 test e, week 8 would you recommend donating blood?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnoco View Post
    So, if on a cycle of 600 eq and 600 test e, week 8 would you recommend donating blood?
    totally a personal choice. I see no reason you would need to.. in fact, if you were running that cycle and part of your goal was increasing your blood volume for more vascularity and muscular fullness then you probably wound't want to donate (but not like a pint of blood one way or another is a big difference) .
    again, your RBC is supposed to elevate on cycle. thats a benefit of the drugs your taking.. however IF off cycle your hematocrit stays way above range chronically, then that can become an issue

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    I prefer to donate right before you're upping the gear just in case
    You can also donate half way through the cycle to lower the RBCs but i dont see why you would

EDCG19 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    totally a personal choice. I see no reason you would need to.. in fact, if you were running that cycle and part of your goal was increasing your blood volume for more vascularity and muscular fullness then you probably wound't want to donate (but not like a pint of blood one way or another is a big difference) .
    I see it this way as well, when I had my hematrocrit at 57% thats when i had some of my best gym sessions
    After donating blood and lowering ferritn, iron and hema/hematrocit it stays in the 50% range and i find the workouts are different than when i had my bloods pulled and it was at 57% with 19.5 hemaglobin

Ronnoco is offline New Member
    Excellent feedback, thank you...will hold off untill after my cycle...was getting nervous after seeing so much feedback on the need to donate.

I am curious, would it matter when you give blood in terms of your last pin? Meaning, is there any differences in donating then pinning right after vs pin and donate the next day?

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    GH is right, temporary elevation of slightly above the range is not a big deal and, in fact, may improve outcomes through increased O2 supply. But, now that I'm thinking about it, the effect isn't substantial because we are not in an O2 deficit, like elite cardio athletes. As long as it is temporary and BP is monitored it isn't anything to worry about.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Excellent feedback, thank you...will hold off untill after my cycle...was getting nervous after seeing so much feedback on the need to donate.

I am curious, would it matter when you give blood in terms of your last pin? Meaning, is there any differences in donating then pinning right after vs pin and donate the next day?
    If there is any difference it would be better to donate before pinning.

Thread Information