Results 1 to 27 of 27
Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By Couchlockd
  • 2 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By Charlie67
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >
  • 2 Post By charger69
  • 1 Post By Couchlockd
  • 2 Post By kelkel

Thread: NAC or Liv 52

  1. #1
    bigsuperman is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    47

    NAC or Liv 52

    It is my first cycle with Test E 500mg/week
    250iu hcg /week
    Which is best in cycle NAC or Liv 52 ?
    Difference b/w Nac and Liv 52 ?
    My age 26
    Weight- 70kg
    Height- 5’7”
    Thanks........

  2. #2
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,294
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsuperman View Post
    It is my first cycle with Test E 500mg/week
    250iu hcg /week
    Which is best in cycle NAC or Liv 52 ?
    Difference b/w Nac and Liv 52 ?
    My age 26
    Weight- 70kg
    Height- 5’7”
    Thanks........
    I was always told to use NAC by the vets. I used it and it is proven to work (and cheap). Lib 52 is herbal and My opinion is that it is just a commercialized thing to make money.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is online now HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,308
    Charger is correct. The benefits of NAC far outweigh Liv 52. It will even help with your cholesterol when dosed correctly.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  4. #4
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    3,141
    You really wanna get fancy NAC and TUDCA

  5. #5
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    You really wanna get fancy NAC and TUDCA
    I actually do take both. My understanding is that each one has slightly different functions. TUDCA is bile related and helps in the bile carrier in the liver. The way I look at it is TUDCA cleanses the liver whereas NAC is used for maintenance of the liver.
    I am not an expert, but that is what I remember reading.
    A vet also recommended both on cycle.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    3,141
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I actually do take both. My understanding is that each one has slightly different functions. TUDCA is bile related and helps in the bile carrier in the liver. The way I look at it is TUDCA cleanses the liver whereas NAC is used for maintenance of the liver.
    I am not an expert, but that is what I remember reading.
    A vet also recommended both on cycle.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I too take both

    Bulk supplements NAC and Fundamental Nutrition brand TUDCA

  7. #7
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,486
    Turmeric anyone?

  8. #8
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is online now HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximal View Post
    Turmeric anyone?

    Absolutely. Good stuff. Here's a good read on it Prox:

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5664031/
    Proximal likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  9. #9
    Proximal's Avatar
    Proximal is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,486
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Absolutely. Good stuff. Here's a good read on it Prox:

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5664031/
    TY Kel.

  10. #10
    KennyJ's Avatar
    KennyJ is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    I too take both

    Bulk supplements NAC and Fundamental Nutrition brand TUDCA
    How much NAC do you take every day? I only take the one capsule of 600. Is it better to take 1200 and is there any downside to taking 1200?

  11. #11
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    3,141
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyJ View Post
    How much NAC do you take every day? I only take the one capsule of 600. Is it better to take 1200 and is there any downside to taking 1200?
    I take 1800 a day

    Mine is bulk powder, I used to cap it in 00 caps which held 600-650mg.

    Now I just use a 600mg scoop I found in a kre-alkalyn creatine jar.

    No downside to more.

    I'd like to be at 2400mg a day but I don't remember to take it that much
    KennyJ likes this.

  12. #12
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,294
    I have heard 1200 off cycle. 2400 if using orals, 1800 just on cycle.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KennyJ and Ernst like this.

  13. #13
    KennyJ's Avatar
    KennyJ is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    385
    Thanks guys, I can't believe I didn't check into this before now. I think I read somewhere that people were just taking 600 so that's what I've been doing on cycle. I'll bump it up to 1800. BTW I'm using the capsules from GNC, I suppose that's a decent brand but honestly I don't know.

  14. #14
    Charlie67's Avatar
    Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyJ View Post
    Thanks guys, I can't believe I didn't check into this before now. I think I read somewhere that people were just taking 600 so that's what I've been doing on cycle. I'll bump it up to 1800. BTW I'm using the capsules from GNC, I suppose that's a decent brand but honestly I don't know.
    But the bulk powder. It's so cheap.... The taste might be harder to deal with since it's not in capsules to swallow, but you can man up

    I buy it through Amazon from, but it's this brand:

    W W W dot bulk supplements dot com
    KennyJ likes this.

  15. #15
    KennyJ's Avatar
    KennyJ is online now Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post
    But the bulk powder. It's so cheap.... The taste might be harder to deal with since it's not in capsules to swallow, but you can man up

    I buy it through Amazon from, but it's this brand:

    W W W dot bulk supplements dot com
    Thanks I appreciate it. The taste won't be an issue.

  16. #16
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Swollen
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    9,864
    Blog Entries
    1
    Turmeric twice daily
    NAC daily
    Liv52 about 4-8 a day
    KennyJ likes this.

  17. #17
    Quester's Avatar
    Quester is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    In the Bluegrass
    Posts
    1,868
    I used to hear a lot about Choline and Inositol, anybody still doing that?

  18. #18
    charger69's Avatar
    charger69 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    4,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    I used to hear a lot about Choline and Inositol, anybody still doing that?
    Damn, how old are you? Were you in diapers when you heard about that?
    I haven’t heard about Inositol since the 80’s.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quester and GearHeaded like this.

  19. #19
    Charlie67's Avatar
    Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by < > View Post
    Turmeric twice daily
    NAC daily
    Liv52 about 4-8 a day
    What kind of Tumeric? I use powder now but it's a pain.

    I'd like to try capsules, but sorting through the B.S. is tiring.

  20. #20
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    3,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post
    What kind of Tumeric? I use powder now but it's a pain.

    I'd like to try capsules, but sorting through the B.S. is tiring.
    I buy ALL of my stuff from bulk supplements.

    Creatine, bcaa and NAC, beet powder etc.

    Cant be beat
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.

  21. #21
    GearHeaded's Avatar
    GearHeaded is online now Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    3,917
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    I haven’t heard about Inositol since the 80’s.
    I've had it in my supp stack for liver care for about 6 years

    NAC or Liv 52-fullsizeoutput_3b1.jpeg

  22. #22
    Ephemeral is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post
    What kind of Tumeric? I use powder now but it's a pain.

    I'd like to try capsules, but sorting through the B.S. is tiring.
    I bought mine from ebay, found a very cheap source. Just search for "CURCUMIN + BIOPERINE PILLS 95% CURCUMINOID".
    Bioperine is important, because curcumin alone has poor bioavailability.

    I used it for arthritis pain, seemed to work for a while but not really nowadays, so maybe it was placebo lol. What can it do for the liver?

  23. #23
    Charlie67's Avatar
    Charlie67 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    I bought mine from ebay, found a very cheap source. Just search for "CURCUMIN + BIOPERINE PILLS 95% CURCUMINOID".
    Bioperine is important, because curcumin alone has poor bioavailability.

    I used it for arthritis pain, seemed to work for a while but not really nowadays, so maybe it was placebo lol. What can it do for the liver?
    Thanks for that.

    I'm not sure Tumeric does anything for the liver, i take it for the anti-inflammation .... i think, lol. But like you said, it's a bit hard to tell what works sometimes.

    Things like potassium, magnesium, vitamin D... i can back those up with bloodwork, but I'm not aware of a tumeric level blood test

  24. #24
    Testlolblast is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    210
    Well, if you don't have any liver problems, you should be fine even without the liver support. The compounds of your cycle is quite liver - friendly. I personally running test e for 8 weeks didn't took any liver support. Anyone is individual so, if you need liver support then take it, I personally would prefer Liv52.

  25. #25
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is online now HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie67 View Post
    What kind of Tumeric? I use powder now but it's a pain.

    I'd like to try capsules, but sorting through the B.S. is tiring.

    I like this one charlie. Both for it's price point and ingredient levels.




    Charlie67 and KennyJ like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  26. #26
    Ephemeral is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    I like this one charlie. Both for it's price point and ingredient levels.
    The problem with this is that it's mostly just root, not extract, so it's pretty weak.

  27. #27
    Ashop's Avatar
    Ashop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    9,333
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsuperman View Post
    It is my first cycle with Test E 500mg/week
    250iu hcg /week
    Which is best in cycle NAC or Liv 52 ?
    Difference b/w Nac and Liv 52 ?
    My age 26
    Weight- 70kg
    Height- 5’7”
    Thanks........
    I use a liver protectant call Synthergine. I've seen the improvements through lab works numerous times and I'm a true believer.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •