Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Couchlockd
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 1 Post By German89

Thread: Backne :(

Hard.On is offline Senior Member

Backne :(

Hey,

Every time I cycle I get massive welts of acne on my shoulders.

When I run my HRT dose inbetween I have very mild acne on my shoulders.

My estrogen usually runs a little high when on cycle. Previously I had been prescribed adex from my doctor. 1 mg every other day. To be honest it didn’t really help at all. This time he has suggested antibiotics. I really don’t want to go that route.

I have used all kinds of medicated washes etc but I feel like it’s more of an internal issue.

Any suggestions ? Thanks for reading.

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard.On View Post
    Hey,

Every time I cycle I get massive welts of acne on my shoulders.

When I run my HRT dose inbetween I have very mild acne on my shoulders.

My estrogen usually runs a little high when on cycle. Previously I had been prescribed adex from my doctor. 1 mg every other day. To be honest it didn’t really help at all. This time he has suggested antibiotics. I really don’t want to go that route.

I have used all kinds of medicated washes etc but I feel like it’s more of an internal issue.

Any suggestions ? Thanks for reading.
    1mg eod?!? On TRT?

Check your cholesterol I GUARANTEE it's dangerously out of whack

3.5mg Dex a week will destroy hormone balance
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    1mg eod?!? On TRT?

Check your cholesterol I GUARANTEE it's dangerously out of whack

3.5mg Dex a week will destroy hormone balance

1 mg eod when on cycle. I was adex totally when taking HRT dose.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Still 3.5mg Adex per week on cycle is insane.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    the subaceous glands in the skin where acne is formed contain DHT receptors ,, NOT estrogen receptors. its the elevation of DHT and androgen activity from your cycle causing acne. taking an AI doesn't do shit, other then stop the conversion of test into estrogen and allow for more test to be converted into DHT, possibly making the problem even worse.

run a low androgen low DHT based cycle and see if that gives you less issues.. AI's don't treat acne and they have a host of other negative side effects.

also, a DHT blocker like Fina is not likely going to help either. As it only blocks type 1 and 2 receptors like those found in the hair and prostate, where the DHT receptors found in the skin and sebaceous glands are type 3 (I may have the types mixed up here, but the point remains the same)
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 04-04-2019 at 09:16 AM.
    Jayd85 likes this.

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I got an antibiotic from my dermo and it transformed my back. My skin is soo much better now. Why are you against antibiotics? You may have a valid reason, im not knocking you. Just curious.

I also use benzyol peroxide body wash with a scrub brush on my back, and then i spray myself down with witch hazel after i dry off. My skin is much softer and flatter now. Going to the beach helps too.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Octaneforce View Post
    I got an antibiotic from my dermo and it transformed my back. My skin is soo much better now. Why are you against antibiotics? You may have a valid reason, im not knocking you. Just curious.

I also use benzyol peroxide body wash with a scrub brush on my back, and then i spray myself down with witch hazel after i dry off. My skin is much softer and flatter now. Going to the beach helps too.

Can you give us the name of the antibiotic you were prescribed? I'm a hairy fuck and my back has had acne my whole life basically, eve when I had low t.

Octaneforce is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Can you give us the name of the antibiotic you were prescribed? I'm a hairy fuck and my back has had acne my whole life basically, eve when I had low t.
    Hmm clyndamicin maybe? I have to look i dont remember. Any dermo will know what to give you. Unless you wanna order it on your own.

Test Monsterone is offline Anabolic Member
    Hmm clyndamicin maybe? I have to look i dont remember. Any dermo will know what to give you. Unless you wanna order it on your own.
    I have a doctor in my family who is an endo and can probably prescribe me the antibiotic, but I don't know if she knows about the kinds of antibiotics for back acne or dosage. I like to avoid having to waste my time at the Dr.'s office as much as possible.

It's not that I am against them. You should really only take them if needed. As much as I hate my backne, I have seen worse.

German89 is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries
    So... I break out bad. worse on cycle.

when i moved back to canada, i could not get my hands on anything for a while. not even 10% Benzyol peroxide. the highest OTC here is 5%. someone actually ended up mailing me some wash and lotion and once i started using it, it really helped.

i exfoliate too.

now, that i can see the doctor here.. he gave me a mix, benzyol peroxide 5%/clindamycin 1% it helps, like a lot... but, the thing is, i gotta use it everyday. the day i dont use it, acne pops back up.

you wanna get rid of acne, accutane. my doctor wouldn't give it to me, i don't know why. hopefully i can get some soon.

baking soda helps, i notice if i eat tomatoes and cucumbers that helps. peroxide and facial masks too. tanning can help dry your skin out as well.
    Old Duffer likes this.

Rjr1983 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by German89 View Post

when i moved back to canada, i could not get my hands on anything for a while. not even 10% Benzyol peroxide. the highest OTC here is 5%. someone actually ended up mailing me some wash and lotion and once i started using it, it really helped.

i exfoliate too.

now, that i can see the doctor here.. he gave me a mix, benzyol peroxide 5%/clindamycin 1% it helps, like a lot... but, the thing is, i gotta use it everyday. the day i dont use it, acne pops back up.

you wanna get rid of acne, accutane. my doctor wouldn't give it to me, i don't know why. hopefully i can get some soon.

baking soda helps, i notice if i eat tomatoes and cucumbers that helps. peroxide and facial masks too. tanning can help dry your skin out as well.
    Your doc doesnt wanna give it to you because the potential sides can be fucking horrendous

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Dial antibacterial bar soap worked really well for me.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by German89 View Post

i exfoliate too.

In Canada accutane is very serious. The docs will not just give it to you

Thread Information