Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By The God Himself
  • 1 Post By davimeireles
  • 1 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By tbjake34
  • 1 Post By KennyJ

Thread: Hitting a nerve when injecting?

  1. #1
    yeahbuddy289's Avatar
    yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,636

    Hitting a nerve when injecting?

    Just curious what you guys do when you hit a nerve when putting the needle in? Do you pull it out or just continue and get it over with? I usually just try to continue with the injection. Just the other say I hit one in my shoulder and the muscle was twitching pretty bad but I just pushed on. Any harm in doing that?

  2. #2
    EDCG19's Avatar
    EDCG19 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,008
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    Just curious what you guys do when you hit a nerve when putting the needle in? Do you pull it out or just continue and get it over with? I usually just try to continue with the injection. Just the other say I hit one in my shoulder and the muscle was twitching pretty bad but I just pushed on. Any harm in doing that?
    Why would I pull out?
    I take the pain and hope the pip wont be to bad
    I injected into the quad once and within a few hours I could barely walk on that leg
    Take the pain

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    ksingh93's Avatar
    ksingh93 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    Just curious what you guys do when you hit a nerve when putting the needle in? Do you pull it out or just continue and get it over with? I usually just try to continue with the injection. Just the other say I hit one in my shoulder and the muscle was twitching pretty bad but I just pushed on. Any harm in doing that?
    if you hit the wrong nerve(axxilary nerve) that passes through the deltoid your shoulder can get paralyzed.its always wise to pull out the needle change it and re inject half an inch up or down .

  4. #4
    yeahbuddy289's Avatar
    yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,636
    Quote Originally Posted by EDCG19 View Post
    Why would I pull out?
    I take the pain and hope the pip wont be to bad
    I injected into the quad once and within a few hours I could barely walk on that leg
    Take the pain

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    It’s not a pain issue. Sure it doesn’t feel great but the muscle jumps around and twitches the whole time and I can’t imagine that making for a very good injection and wasn’t sure if it could cause any problems.

  5. #5
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Swollen
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    9,987
    Blog Entries
    1
    When the wife hit my sciatic nerve while going in on my right ass cheek, I almost buckled at my knees. So, a new site was necessary - yeah


    All other have been pushed through, veins, tendons & whatever else we have in us.

  6. #6
    The God Himself's Avatar
    The God Himself is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    It’s not a pain issue. Sure it doesn’t feel great but the muscle jumps around and twitches the whole time and I can’t imagine that making for a very good injection and wasn’t sure if it could cause any problems.
    That happens to me sometimes, I just pull the needle back and pin it to another spot available.
    davimeireles and yeahbuddy289 like this.

  7. #7
    davimeireles's Avatar
    davimeireles is online now Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    São Paulo , Brazil
    Posts
    137
    I am more give up to apply, and change the needle and apply on another muscle
    yeahbuddy289 likes this.

  8. #8
    yeahbuddy289's Avatar
    yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,636
    Yeah if I were to hit my sciatic nerve I would for sure be pulling that needle out haha.

  9. #9
    The God Himself's Avatar
    The God Himself is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    Yeah if I were to hit my sciatic nerve I would for sure be pulling that needle out haha.
    Sometimes I can even feel the neural network between my glutes and lats, something like a string is being pulled right there as I press the needle deeper..

  10. #10
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    27,559
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    When the wife hit my sciatic nerve while going in on my right ass cheek, I almost buckled at my knees. So, a new site was necessary - yeah


    All other have been pushed through, veins, tendons & whatever else we have in us.

    She was probably pissed at you for something....
    Chrisp83TRT likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  11. #11
    Chrisp83TRT's Avatar
    Chrisp83TRT is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    851
    Sometimes my.skin jumps back
    Sometimes I have an instant pain once needle touches the skin.

    Only time I will pull the needle out and start again is when I see blood in the syringe when I pull back

    Sent from my JSN-AL00 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    The God Himself's Avatar
    The God Himself is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisp83TRT View Post
    Sometimes my.skin jumps back
    Sometimes I have an instant pain once needle touches the skin.

    Only time I will pull the needle out and start again is when I see blood in the syringe when I pull back

    Sent from my JSN-AL00 using Tapatalk
    I always see blood in the syringe when I feel a nerve is tingling. But actually pulling the syringe, when the needle is on nerve, is harmful for the tissue because you also suck cells and tissue out with blood when you pull it back.

  13. #13
    < <Samson> >'s Avatar
    < <Samson> > is online now Swollen
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    AZ Side
    Posts
    9,987
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    She was probably pissed at you for something....

    When isn't she


    But, damn the sciatic nerve pain is def an acquired taste - a 26ga needle felt like a rusty nail going in

  14. #14
    AlphaMindz's Avatar
    AlphaMindz is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Destination Peaksville
    Posts
    975
    I think it depends on which nerve one hits...

    I've started doing a lot of site injections in my bi's and tri's and I hit nerves quite frequently doing this, although most of the time I can continue with the injection. Sometimes it will twitch too much and then I'm forced to pull out and start over, but I hate doing that as I want to penetrate my skin a few times as humanly possible to minimize scar tissue build up.

    I stay away from the other triceps heads and just stick to the fatty head as I've heard of people hitting a main nerve in their outside triceps head, and I also stay away from quad shots for the same reason.

    I am aware that there are plenty of nerves in the biceps but so far I haven't had any issues beyond some twitching, which most of the time, I can inject right on the nerve and as long as everything stays relaxed while needle is in I'm fine....

  15. #15
    tbjake34's Avatar
    tbjake34 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    852
    Never shoot quads or short head of tricep. Only glutes lats and delts guys too many nerves anywhere else.
    AlphaMindz likes this.

  16. #16
    JdFlex's Avatar
    JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,199
    I pull out. Hit a nerve twice this morning trying to do a quad shot (I mostly shoot quads and rarely hit nerves). Pulled out both times for the reason you said, the muscle jumping around and spasming, kinda freaky! I've never hit one in a delt.

  17. #17
    KennyJ's Avatar
    KennyJ is online now Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    632
    Pinning quads can be like playing a slot machine sometimes, only when you hit you lose instead of win!
    AlphaMindz likes this.

  18. #18
    AlphaMindz's Avatar
    AlphaMindz is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Destination Peaksville
    Posts
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by JdFlex View Post
    I pull out. Hit a nerve twice this morning trying to do a quad shot (I mostly shoot quads and rarely hit nerves). Pulled out both times for the reason you said, the muscle jumping around and spasming, kinda freaky! I've never hit one in a delt.
    You will likely never hit a nerve in your delt

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •