Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: On cycle for life...??

jjsevens is online now Associate Member

On cycle for life...??

So my buddy, and for real, not me... I've taken a beak for a while until I get my hormones back in check... But my buddies been using for years and tells me yesterday that he's been on test full time for the last year, taking 1cc of test once a week and thinks this is ok.....

Your thoughts?

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsevens View Post
    So my buddy, and for real, not me... I've taken a beak for a while until I get my hormones back in check... But my buddies been using for years and tells me yesterday that he's been on test full time for the last year, taking 1cc of test once a week and thinks this is ok.....

Your thoughts?
    this is completely fine, especially if he is not worried about hpta suppression. heck he is only staying on 1cc of test per week, thats like 200-250mg. he could get by doing that at 500mg year round , imo. he just needs to keep on top of his blood work and hematocrit levels.
    I personally think staying on full time is a better approach then PCT (again unless hpta suppression is your biggest concern) especially if you live the bodybuilding lifestyle and gains are of upmost importance to you.

AlphaMindz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jjsevens View Post

Your thoughts?
    I believe cycling is, in most cases, a waste of time and money. I know that's a bold statement and I'm prepared to defend my position if someone strongly disagrees lol. I've reached this conclusion from both personal experience and plenty of anecdotal evidence from other people's journies over the years.

IMHO once someoe comes off cycle they will eventually lose the majority of muscle that they built on cycle. I don't know why people still want to believe that they can achieve a certain look or a certain level of strength by using hormones and then be able to maintain those achievements withOUT the hormones....doesn't make sense. How can your body maintain a level of performance and/or aesthetics obtained in a specific hormonal environment after they no longer have that hormonal environment?

This has been debated endlessly and I honestly think the reason is that people WANT to believe that they can keep the gains because they don't want it to be a life long commitment. You can keep the gains for a period of time but as the drugs wear off and your hormones go back to what they were you will undoubtedly lose most of the increased strength, performance, and aesthetics.

So IMO the options are either cycle frequently enough to where your body doesn't have time to lose most of the gains OR artificially inflate post cycle testosterone levels so your body has the hormonal environment to support the added muscle, strength and aesthetics.

This is my view in a nutshell but I have a feeling I may have to expound on my theory (to me it's a fact but I can't prove it so it's merely a theory at this point lol).
    Last edited by AlphaMindz; 02-14-2019 at 10:39 AM. Reason: grammar

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    good post Alpha

I'll throw my recommendation out there. this is the recommendation that I often give to clients that are in their 20s, want to take bodybuilding seriously, but still want to maintain fertility and still want to consider PCT to some degree.
    - I don't recommend cycling, then pct, then another cycle, then pct, etc.. unless your just doing 1-2 cycles per year and not really taking bodybuilding seriously. thats a roller coaster ride hormonally and clearly not optimal for gains either. but its an acceptable thing to do for plenty of guys

so what I do recommend is my phase cycling approach. which I touch on it a lots of other posts. but basically your going to run cycles in certain phases throughout the year. during this time you will have anti estrogen phases and phases where HCG and clomid are utilized. Then once per year you come off completely for a couple months and do an aggressive PCT. so your on most the year and pct is only one time per year (not after each cycle)
    this is the best compromise imo, for staying on most the year to illicit the most gains, yet giving your HPTA a fighting chance to maintain functionality.
    AlphaMindz and i_SLAM_cougars like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man

jjsevens is online now Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    good post Alpha

I'll throw my recommendation out there. this is the recommendation that I often give to clients that are in their 20s, want to take bodybuilding seriously, but still want to maintain fertility and still want to consider PCT to some degree.
    - I don't recommend cycling, then pct, then another cycle, then pct, etc.. unless your just doing 1-2 cycles per year and not really taking bodybuilding seriously. thats a roller coaster ride hormonally and clearly not optimal for gains either. but its an acceptable thing to do for plenty of guys

so what I do recommend is my phase cycling approach. which I touch on it a lots of other posts. but basically your going to run cycles in certain phases throughout the year. during this time you will have anti estrogen phases and phases where HCG and clomid are utilized. Then once per year you come off completely for a couple months and do an aggressive PCT. so your on most the year and pct is only one time per year (not after each cycle)
    this is the best compromise imo, for staying on most the year to illicit the most gains, yet giving your HPTA a fighting chance to maintain functionality.
    Interesting perspective... Thought my buddy was nuts, maybe not. One the reasons I've given up is the crash after pct... My system is very slow to respond and feel like crap after. I have hypothyroidism and issues with high prolactin levels so have quit... But wonder if maybe this is the way to go. Been almost 2 years since I cycled and man do I miss the gains.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    this is completely fine, especially if he is not worried about hpta suppression. heck he is only staying on 1cc of test per week, thats like 200-250mg. he could get by doing that at 500mg year round , imo. he just needs to keep on top of his blood work and hematocrit levels.
    I personally think staying on full time is a better approach then PCT (again unless hpta suppression is your biggest concern) especially if you live the bodybuilding lifestyle and gains are of upmost importance to you.
    Every word 100% agree. I was thinking of answering but this was accurate those word i would have used. Not that level of grammar though

Sent fra min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk

Thread Information