Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By < <Samson> >

Thread: High RDW %

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries

High RDW %

What does it mean in the real world? - I am in the middle of getting a ton of blood work for my ever worsening ibs

Mine came back at 17.7%

Also my MCH is a tad low

mexecutioner is offline New Member
    Can you post your entire CBC? As an isolated finding in the absence of hematological symptoms, it isn't clinically significant.

mexecutioner is offline New Member
    Repeat post.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mexecutioner View Post
    Can you post your entire CBC?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C91D7AC0-D0B3-4DFC-8A27-5A1D7F250996.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	228.1 KB 
ID:	175941

Name:	80CF9317-FC03-4592-B42C-899B2E830CF8.jpeg 
Views:	281 
Size:	213.6 KB 
ID:	175937

Name:	D83663E2-DFA7-4C9C-A5F1-63BF5E1904A3.jpeg 
Views:	120 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	175942

Name:	0779C500-61AA-4F68-AE54-534347091C11.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	175943

I was hoping someone on here knew more than me

Edit: What I have gathered so far is my liver is off(inflamed) - how much? Dunno, but I have a sonogram next week

I am thinking this is due to my frequent blood donations & low iron(I still haven’t checked my iron)

Being realistic I don’t expect much less - I been juicing fairly heavy for 5 years, along with continuous drinking
    Last edited by < <Samson> >; 03-09-2019 at 06:56 AM.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post

Name:	C91D7AC0-D0B3-4DFC-8A27-5A1D7F250996.jpeg 
Views:	111 
Size:	228.1 KB 
ID:	175941

Name:	80CF9317-FC03-4592-B42C-899B2E830CF8.jpeg 
Views:	281 
Size:	213.6 KB 
ID:	175937

Name:	D83663E2-DFA7-4C9C-A5F1-63BF5E1904A3.jpeg 
Views:	120 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	175942

Name:	0779C500-61AA-4F68-AE54-534347091C11.jpeg 
Views:	29 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	175943

I was hoping someone on here knew more than me

Edit: What I have gathered so far is my liver is off(inflamed) - how much? Dunno, but I have a sonogram next week

I am thinking this is due to my frequent blood donations & low iron(I still haven’t checked my iron)

Being realistic I don’t expect much less - I been juicing fairly heavy for 5 years, along with continuous drinking
    Frequent donations can elevate your RDW (red cell distribution width), mine often is over the upper limit.
    On the other hand, it can he a symptom of Crohn's disease.

Curious to hear what your ferritin and TIBC values are when you pull your iron panels.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Blog Entries
    We’ll see, Crohn’s isn’t in my family at all. But, of course not ruled out.

How else would it show up?

We’ll see, Crohn’s isn’t in my family at all. But, of course not ruled out.

How else would it show up?
    Crohn's? I'm not sure, Samson. My Dr. just asked me if I had a family history of Crohn's, any digestive issues, bowel problems, or fatigue problems.

It's been a while back, but she said in the absence of the issues she asked me about, she would chalk it up to frequent donations and as long as my iron panel and ferritin values we're within range, she wasn't too concerned with the elevated RDW. My blood is kind of screwy anyway, I have genetic issue with throwing clots easily.

Still would interested to hear the iron panel results and diagnosis of what's going on with you.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Still would interested to hear the iron panel results and diagnosis of what's going on with you.
    Me too

This is just way too persistent to ignore now. . . . I dunno, by the symptoms do fit liver issues with the results I’m getting back. . . All of my previous BW was spot on

Also my egfr being at a damn near 60 flat isn’t so great to see

I mean go figure - I drank like a fish since I was 17, I pumped enough juice in the last 5 years that should of lasted me a lifetime(and these are just the 2 I can mention)

I feel rough now - I pulled back all of the juice aside from one shot a week of test - I don’t see how a mast/tren Winni/var cycle would help this

Me too

This is just way too persistent to ignore now. . . . I dunno, by the symptoms do fit liver issues with the results I’m getting back. . . All of my previous BW was spot on

Also my egfr being at a damn near 60 flat isn’t so great to see

I mean go figure - I drank like a fish since I was 17, I pumped enough juice in the last 5 years that should of lasted me a lifetime(and these are just the 2 I can mention)

I feel rough now - I pulled back all of the juice aside from one shot a week of test - I don’t see how a mast/tren Winni/var cycle would help this
    Yeah, I kind of tied the eGFR to the creatinine values. If it were me and I had been on for a long while, I would drop back to a decent TRT dosage of T (based on BW) for a while. Keep lifting, hydrate very well, and keep a clean diet going. Evaluate again in a few months unless you get to feeling worse.

LOL, no I don't see a mast/tren /Winnie/kitchen sink cycle would be of any benefit right now.

Still like to hear the outcome, Samson.

Edit: Just for sh!ts and giggles, I would pull the same labs in 6 weeks after making the changes I posted....and still do the sonogram or any other Dr. ordered imaging/labs.
    Last edited by almostgone; 03-09-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Blog Entries
    ^ exactly where I’m at with this

It’s been a good run, and thanks to being on this long & learning shit along the way I know my shape is keepable with a slightly better diet & harder workouts

I’ll finish all of my testing for sure + my MD Lady is stunning
    almostgone likes this.

Thread Information