Thread: Overkill???

twosocks40 is offline Member

Overkill???

I am currently on my first cycle of sus/deca /d-bol. I want to throw in some t3 for about 5 weeks at low doses to try and keep fat down. Would running 25 mcg a day be overkill? Thanks.

-B

gundam675 is offline Senior Member
    no i thonk 25 mcg of t3 would be fine, it will also help with protein uptake. just stay at that dose !

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gundam675
    just stay at that dose !
    Wait a second here...I was under the impression that "staying" at ANY dose on T3 was just about the worst thing you could do. Even at minimal doses, it's my understanding that it must be tapered both up and (more importantly) down. Otherwise you run the risk of bumping your thyroid out of whack.

twosocks40 is offline Member
    I have read that too big green. However, at 25mcg a day that is only one pill. I couldn't take any lower of a dose unless I split them in two. I have also read that such low doses don't have any major effect on thyroid function. It's possible I got some bad info, thats why I asked everyone on here first.

-B

BDTR is offline Retired
    I'm not that sure on the whole tapering method and how scientific the theory is. I went from over 100 mcg to nothing do to a minor problem with the police and recovered fine.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twosocks40
    I have read that too big green. However, at 25mcg a day that is only one pill. I couldn't take any lower of a dose unless I split them in two. I have also read that such low doses don't have any major effect on thyroid function. It's possible I got some bad info, thats why I asked everyone on here first.

-B
    That might very well be the case...i'm interested to hear some other opinions on this. At such low doses though, isn't T3 more about increasing the efficiency of protein intake than fat burning. I'll put the disclaimer up that my t3 research has been pretty standard and limited to looking into its fat burning properties in the way of a six week run or so with a traditional up and down...anything outside of those parameters and I can only try to recall as best I can any info that's been bantered about.

roch is offline Member
    you'll be fine on a lower dose like that. thyroid shutdown which has never been proven as far a I could surmise comes from heavy doses above 100 mcg a day and then just stopping cold turkey. If you are that concerned with the thyroid issue just ramp down with half a pill a day for 4 days before you stop.

Thread Information