Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Kyle1337
  • 1 Post By GearHeaded
  • 5 Post By GearHeaded

Thread: Bloodwork

Meloncap78 is offline Associate Member

Bloodwork

Bloodwork just before starting test cyp 500mg and eq 400mg. Thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bloodwork-1455aeb1-d9c4-41cb-a56a-cef0afac7095.jpg  

Kyle1337 is offline Member
    Yea, if I am readying that testosterone level correctly, I'd never cycle lol. Shit mine was 300 using same table as yours when I started 1st cycle.
    Luttrj and CA_DXB_85 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle1337 View Post
    Yea, if I am readying that testosterone level correctly, I'd never cycle lol. Shit mine was 300 using same table as yours when I started 1st cycle.
    That level was at my normal dose of 120mg weekly. I don’t dare go get mid cycle bloodwork at my doc lol. Probably be in the 5000 range. My script would get pulled for sure. I need to find a way to get bloodwork done here in NYS aside from the family doc.

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    OP - You are on TRT, correct ?

edit - posted answer right when I asked

Butcher78 is offline New Member
    Advice on where to get bloodwork like this done? I called a few labs in my area and all of them had phone automated scheduling systems. I want to talk to a damn human and make sure I'm not wasting my time or money on the wrong tests. I want to get my pre labs done prior to my first ever cycle.

Luttrj is offline Associate Member
    Keep an eye on that hematocrit. 49 is high normal. Give blood if you can to reduce your red blood cells.

Just look up labs in your local area. We have LabWorks here in my area

Also, god bless your Dr for getting you to and letting you cruise at 1000ng/dl. That's not high but rather within normal range. Wish i could find a dr like yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Luttrj View Post
    Also, god bless your Dr for getting you to and letting you cruise at 1000ng/dl. That's not high but rather within normal range. Wish i could find a dr like yours!
    It took a good year to get him onboard. He cares and keep a pretty good eye on things. I’m donating blood tomorrow. I’m a golden donor!

Keep an eye on that hematocrit. 49 is high normal. Give blood if you can to reduce your red blood cells.
    remember that "high normal" is normal for people who do NOT inject androgens/trt. if its normal for your grandma then its surely just fine for a bodybuilder.. my point being that normal hematocrit levels are for normal people. if your on steroids and even if your above normal, your still totally fine.
    elevated hematocrit levels for someone who does NOT take exogenous hormones indicates an underlying disease or health problems.
    high hematocrit levels for someone that does take hormones that increase EPO is totally normal and not much of a concern.

if you don't want elevated hematocrit or RBC then you shouldn't take steroids. cause thats what they do and is part of there performance enhancing benefits

again, high hematocrit is a problem for people who do NOT take steroids. as it indicates an underlying health problem . your doctors blood tests and ranges were built and designed for normal people , not steroid users and athletes
    Last edited by GearHeaded; 03-22-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    remember that "high normal" is normal for people who do NOT inject androgens/trt. if its normal for your grandma then its surely just fine for a bodybuilder.. my point being that normal hematocrit levels are for normal people. if your on steroids and even if your above normal, your still totally fine.
    elevated hematocrit levels for someone who does NOT take exogenous hormones indicates an underlying disease or health problems.
    high hematocrit levels for someone that does take hormones that increase EPO is totally normal and not much of a concern.

if you don't want elevated hematocrit or RBC then you shouldn't take steroids. cause thats what they do and is part of there performance enhancing benefits

again, high hematocrit is a problem for people who do NOT take steroids. as it indicates an underlying health problem . your doctors blood tests and ranges were built and designed for normal people , not steroid users and athletes
    Excellent piece of factual data. People who live in higher climates are acclaimated due to higher levels of HCT to carry more o2 by volume. HCT is variable by individual. I would assume levels in the 60’s may not be desireable but I would assume this is rarely the case with PED use. I donate because I am O- and CMV negative. Helping infants hits me right in the feels.

GH i agree with you as to us not being in that "normal" range. However, high is high and bleeding oneself or donating can help reduce that number and not have your blood so thick. Are you of the mindset that you should just run with it and allow your blood to remain thickened while on cycle or were you just saying that its no need to be alarmed?
    I drain 500cc a month regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Meloncap78 View Post
    Excellent piece of factual data. People who live in higher climates are acclaimated due to higher levels of HCT to carry more o2 by volume. HCT is variable by individual. I would assume levels in the 60’s may not be desireable but I would assume this is rarely the case with PED use. I donate because I am O- and CMV negative. Helping infants hits me right in the feels.
    Mine was 58 then 56 on last check. My doc classified that as very high. He's unaware of my trt though. There's no underlying issues causing it other than test, tren , anavar , etc.
    I do plan on running my next 12 week cycle of test p, tren, winny, and proviron . Then getting checked about 6 weeks after i complete that just to make sure.
    Also have sleep apnea which is a cause of high RBC counts due to lack of o2. I do utilize a CPAP but due for an updated sleep study. Pressure probably needs to be raised. Im wanting to get that implanted device that all but cures sleep apnea. It's called Inspire.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    GH i agree with you as to us not being in that "normal" range. However, high is high and bleeding oneself or donating can help reduce that number and not have your blood so thick. Are you of the mindset that you should just run with it and allow your blood to remain thickened while on cycle or were you just saying that its no need to be alarmed?
    I drain 500cc a month regardless.
    My normal hematocrit before initiating TRT was 52.8%, and that was no cycles involved for ~7+ years. Some people naturally run richer than others.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

GH i agree with you as to us not being in that "normal" range. However, high is high .
    I disagree that "high is high" . its dependent on the context. again, IF you have really high hematocrit and your not a steroid user then high can indicate an underlying health problem. but if your high because your taking drugs that increase your hematocrit, then that is normal.

example--
    - if your blood sugars are running high and your NOT taking anything to make them high, like carbs, then thats a indication that you have a health problem and possible diabetes.
    - if your blood sugars are running high because your taking something that causes them to be high (like eating carbs every hour), then this is totally normal. you don't have diabetes , you have high blood sugar because of what your taking and doing.

there is nothing unhealthy about having high blood sugar after consuming carbs.. this is what is supposed to happen.
    there is however a problem having chronically high blood sugar when your not even consuming carbs.

Mine was 58 then 56 on last check. My doc classified that as very high. He's unaware of my trt though
    if your doc knew you were a steroid user he may not be concerned with those numbers at all. he would just tell you to come off of steroids .
    IF you were not a steroid user (which he thinks your not) then he has reason for concern and I'm surprised he is not asking for additional testing.
    but he doesn't seem all that concerned. probably because having high levels is not that big a deal and is greatly exaggerated on most forums.

guys are running a crap ton of steroids and they think they are still supposed to be in the "normal" range... common sense guys, if your taking a bunch of drugs that are designed to raise your hematocrit don't be surprised if your hematocrit levels get elevated. thats what is supposed to happen. thats part of the benefits of AAS (I'm not sure how this performance benefit has now turned into a negative and now guys out of fear of hematocrit levels are donating blood every month ,, which has its own host of problems that may catch up with them).
    Luttrj likes this.

I'll add this..

guys that are on TRT and will be for life , it makes perfect sense to try and maintain "normal" blood work and keep everything in range (wither that be total test, estrogen, or hematocrit). because thats really the purpose of TRT.. the doctor prescribed you TRT to begin with because you were NOT in range. TRT goal is to get you in healthy ranges.

on the other hand, guys that are blasting steroids , there is no point in trying to keep things in range while on cycle. that defeats the purpose. the drugs are supposed to up-regulate a bunch of different factors and your going to be way outside of "normal" range on multiple factors. while on cycle you are far from "normal" and those blood work ranges do not apply to you.
    you want elevated androgen levels, elevated estrogen levels, elevated hematocrit .. all these things provide physique and performance enhancing benefits. your not wanting to be "normal" , thats why your blasting steroids.

Thread Information