phatkid77 is offline Junior Member

accutane help!!! docs or vets

a bit of history......i have done two courses of accutane therapy at 80mg a day. the first time was for 4 months and i was i believe 16 years old. 2nd time i was 23 and i believe it was for 5 months.... now both times i cleared up within 3 days, but when the course of treatment was concluded i began breaking out within 3-4 months i believe!!!!now for some reason i seem to clear up when i cycle??? i think maybe because it elevateds my mood, thus lowereing stress=less acne....

i have two line of thoughts here..

1. take 20-40mg every 3-5 days to keep acne at bay, now...i f i were to run the accutane this way for over a year would it eventually shut down my sebaccaus glands, or just piss them off..

2. after my contest in october (and long cycle!) i am strongly considering taking up to a year off from gear and hammer the shit out of my glands on accutane........up to 120mg/day for 10-12 months.

3. i don't know why i keep breaking out after treatment..
    could it be i am not running it long enough? or the dose is too low? or both?

thanks

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Why don't you stay on the gear and not use the accutane at all if you say you experience no acne while on?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    Why don't you stay on the gear and not use the accutane at all if you say you experience no acne while on?
    i hear ya bro!!!!!, i mean i do get some , but it seems better then when juice free... i did bring this up to the doc, so i could get a script for test to clear up my face!!! no go.....imagine

phats

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by phatkid77
    a bit of history......i have done two courses of accutane therapy at 80mg a day. the first time was for 4 months and i was i believe 16 years old. 2nd time i was 23 and i believe it was for 5 months.... now both times i cleared up within 3 days, but when the course of treatment was concluded i began breaking out within 3-4 months i believe!!!!now for some reason i seem to clear up when i cycle??? i think maybe because it elevateds my mood, thus lowereing stress=less acne....

i have two line of thoughts here..

1. take 20-40mg every 3-5 days to keep acne at bay, now...i f i were to run the accutane this way for over a year would it eventually shut down my sebaccaus glands, or just piss them off..

2. after my contest in october (and long cycle!) i am strongly considering taking up to a year off from gear and hammer the shit out of my glands on accutane........up to 120mg/day for 10-12 months.

3. i don't know why i keep breaking out after treatment..
    could it be i am not running it long enough? or the dose is too low? or both?

thanks
    First off, accutane works well for most people, not all. I think the number is somewhere around 20-30% of people when they come off, within a year have acne again. Maybe not as severe as the initial outbreak, however, still it comes back.

As for your comments on your possible dosages, how much do you weight?...And how severe is the acne? Also, when you are on accutane are you under the supervision of a dermatologist?

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    i've taken it and my dermatologist said that most people will eventually end up taking it a few years later. this doesn't happen to all people, i haven't had to take it again, but I don't think you can totally knock everything out with one session of accutane. just my opinion

--hawk

heartdoc....

what yoiu say is correct, the acne that has returned is definitely less severe. it has however relocated to my f u c k i n scalp??? which is nice and painful...

yes both times i was undersupervision of dermatologist, acne is not severe but certainly annoying. my father is 52 and still gets pimples, so i would like to kill these bastard while i am young (26)

currently weigh 230 dieting for a show...... like to stay around 225 - 235 and 10-13% when the show is over...

i believe when i did the accutane previously i weighed 195-215 and took 80mg/day for 16 then 20 weeks

thanks again

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Quote Originally Posted by phatkid77
    heartdoc....

what yoiu say is correct, the acne that has returned is definitely less severe. it has however relocated to my f u c k i n scalp??? which is nice and painful...

yes both times i was undersupervision of dermatologist, acne is not severe but certainly annoying. my father is 52 and still gets pimples, so i would like to kill these bastard while i am young (26)

currently weigh 230 dieting for a show...... like to stay around 225 - 235 and 10-13% when the show is over...

i believe when i did the accutane previously i weighed 195-215 and took 80mg/day for 16 then 20 weeks

thanks again
    Check your pms

Thread Information