the dent depot is offline Senior Member

Just had to have oral surgery...how soon before I can train?----->

This eats ass! I had to have an emergency extraction of an upper molar today...and lucky me, the only genetic freaky thing about me is...I have the roots of a man near 7 fucking feet tall!!!! I'm freakin only 5'8"! So I go to pick up my pain meds/antibiotics/and rinse...I went ahead and got my Test Cyp Rx filled while I was there!
    The dentist said I should be able to train by next week...so I'm eating good, and resting up for next week...sound about right?
    I know this lady has no idea I'll be putting nearly 500lbs on my back! I still get goose bumps when I buy my gear OTC...

Oh, and the lady that gave me the shots in my gum said I probably shouldnt look at the needle....a 30 gauge!!!!!!!!!! lol

I have 3 more shots to go on this vet gear cycle, and it's all upjohn from here on out..whew!

D

p.s. Sorry if this post is all over the place...the Percocet 650 is kicking in....

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    It all depends on how you feel. You could go back in 2 or 3 days. I trained with a guy who got bone grafted from his hip to his shin (motorcycle accident) and was doing incline presses with 245 a week later. When I had my wisdom teeth out I felt like shit for 2 weeks. I would say if you feel good go for it.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I agree with markas...it all depends on how you feel.

You may be unable to do solids for a day or two so keep the protein shakes going.

I just got 2 perfectly healthy upper teeth pulled today. I too have the long roots, and they were double rooted. It took 15 minutes of pulling for each tooth to come out. I asked the dentist about the gym and he said that 48 hours should be plenty of time, unless I feel otherwise. I always recover fast from teeth pulls though. I got them pulled at noon and it is 9:00pm and I just woke up from a vicaden nap. I am off the vics, and have no pain at all. My face is not swollen anymore either. I am hitting the gym tomorrow night after work.

So, as stated above, depends on how you feel. I just wanted to let ya know that my dentist said 24 to 48 hours.

Good luck bro.!

the dent depot is offline Senior Member
    Thanks bros!
    I just hate to be in the gym straining and reopen the gaping hole in my upper jaw....and have my brain leak out. lol
    Maybe I'll do legs on Sat. Its hard as hell to eat for sure....I doubt Ill get my 4k cals in by the time I go to bed--grrrr!

D

Ya, I can't eat worth a shit. I have been drinking protein shakes like crazy.

Farm boy is offline Junior Member
    the last time i had one pulled, january 2003, my dentist told me to lay off heavy weights for three to four days. he said that i did not need to strain or do anything that would cause the blood clot to move leading to dry socket. i have never had dry socket but the few people i know that have had it said it is one heck of b!tch. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Farm boy
    the last time i had one pulled, january 2003, my dentist told me to lay off heavy weights for three to four days. he said that i did not need to strain or do anything that would cause the blood clot to move leading to dry socket. i have never had dry socket but the few people i know that have had it said it is one heck of b!tch. jmo

Well it has been 48 hours for me and I still spit a little blood so I am not going. I will wait till monday night. Just thought I'd let people know.

Thread Information